watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player ratings from todays' game.

Started by Greek, August 09, 2014, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itombomb

Parker also gave the ball away terribly for their second goal.

Woodrow was excellent I thought. The movement he brought was massively missing from both Dembele and McCormack's contributions.

FPT

Joronen - 6: Didn't actually have much to do. Conceded twice and tipped the shot over the bar early on. Pretty poor with his feet but Sky Sports reported why quite well, trying to play from the back but two centre backs were covered and the full backs were so forward.

Hoogland - 6: Supported forward well, but McGoldrick coming on showed that he was "too forward," as he picked up the space in behind. Got to improve his delivery as well.

Bodurov - 7: Excellent, would be an 8 if we hadn't have lost. Made 7 tackles and 6 interceptions in the game, phenomenal performance individually.

Hutchinson - 6: Woeful for both goals, but he was good in the air and passed well. Second goal was criminal on his behalf.

Stafylidis - 6: Supported well, though Ipswich done well to close him down and out number him. Again, better delivery from crosses would have been nice.

Burgess - 6: I thought he done well all things considered. He's not a defensive midfielder but kept things simple and created angles to receive passes well; if I'm Felix, I'd consider playing him next to Bodurov next week.

Parker - 7: I know he was at fault for the first goal, but in general, he looked really good today. Kept the ball moving brilliantly with 94 passes. The attacking and more creative part of central midfield play isn't his game, but he done well to play some incisive passes for the full backs and spread well.

Hyndman - 7: Absolutely what we missed last season, he played like he'd been playing for 10 years. Excellent passer of the ball, I think he earned himself another start next week, wonderful ball playing ability.

David - 6: Bit harsh but he had a couple of digs from distance but didn't actually have any key passes (for all our possession as well) in his 45 minutes, I think a 7 would be more than he deserves.

Dembele/Woodrow/McCormack - 5: Our strikers were starved of quality service (hence grouping them together), I don't think any striker scores today for us in that performance.

Subs:

Eisfeld - 7: Was a spark (alongside Roberts later on) that was missing in the attacking areas, completed 3 key passes and generally picked up some good positions.

Woodrow (above)

Roberts - 7: Came on to make an impact, and he made an impact. Got the assist for the Hoogland goal but his pace and dribbling ability against tired legs shone, he could really be a player in this role in the coming weeks, same applies for George Williams.

I accept that the system is still in its infancy so I'm not too bothered about today, we performed brilliantly in stages, if we can nab a bit of luck prior to hitting our stride then there's no reason why we can't kick on and dominate.

Captain Fulhamerica

Joronen 6 - One good save, one shaky moment
Hoogland 6 - Did an adequate job on the wing
Hutchinson 6 - Got shouldered off the ball leading to their second goal
Bodurov 7 - Looked solid throughout
Stafylidis 6 - would have liked more crosses but almost scored a stunner
Burgess 6 - Looked a little shaky on the ball
Parker 6 - Typical Parker performance
David 6 - Did create any chances
Hyndman 8 - Looked incredibly poised for a player making his debut
McCormack 6 - Looked lively but didn't get into great areas
Dembele 5 - Looked flustered, confidence wasn't there

Subs:
Eisfeld 6 - Looked to go forward but I worry about his end product
Woodrow 6 - Didn't see much of the ball
Roberts 8 - Looked our biggest threat after he came on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Headroom

Really disappointed with Dembele. First touch very poor.

Hyndman was class.

The fact that Burgess was in midfield is a sign we will be signing a new central midfielder. He is a defender, was good for the first half. off the pace in the second.

Roberts to start

Williams on the bench.

Woodrow over Dembele

FulhamStu

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 09, 2014, 10:44:48 PM
Really disappointed with Dembele. First touch very poor.

Hyndman was class.

The fact that Burgess was in midfield is a sign we will be signing a new central midfielder. He is a defender, was good for the first half. off the pace in the second.

Roberts to start

Williams on the bench.

Woodrow over Dembele
Spot on

Tony.Lee

Quote from: FPT on August 09, 2014, 09:43:49 PM
Joronen - 6: Didn't actually have much to do. Conceded twice and tipped the shot over the bar early on. Pretty poor with his feet but Sky Sports reported why quite well, trying to play from the back but two centre backs were covered and the full backs were so forward.

Hoogland - 6: Supported forward well, but McGoldrick coming on showed that he was "too forward," as he picked up the space in behind. Got to improve his delivery as well.

Bodurov - 7: Excellent, would be an 8 if we hadn't have lost. Made 7 tackles and 6 interceptions in the game, phenomenal performance individually.

Hutchinson - 6: Woeful for both goals, but he was good in the air and passed well. Second goal was criminal on his behalf.

Stafylidis - 6: Supported well, though Ipswich done well to close him down and out number him. Again, better delivery from crosses would have been nice.

Burgess - 6: I thought he done well all things considered. He's not a defensive midfielder but kept things simple and created angles to receive passes well; if I'm Felix, I'd consider playing him next to Bodurov next week.

Parker - 7: I know he was at fault for the first goal, but in general, he looked really good today. Kept the ball moving brilliantly with 94 passes. The attacking and more creative part of central midfield play isn't his game, but he done well to play some incisive passes for the full backs and spread well.

Hyndman - 7: Absolutely what we missed last season, he played like he'd been playing for 10 years. Excellent passer of the ball, I think he earned himself another start next week, wonderful ball playing ability.

David - 6: Bit harsh but he had a couple of digs from distance but didn't actually have any key passes (for all our possession as well) in his 45 minutes, I think a 7 would be more than he deserves.

Dembele/Woodrow/McCormack - 5: Our strikers were starved of quality service (hence grouping them together), I don't think any striker scores today for us in that performance.

Subs:

Eisfeld - 7: Was a spark (alongside Roberts later on) that was missing in the attacking areas, completed 3 key passes and generally picked up some good positions.

Woodrow (above)

Roberts - 7: Came on to make an impact, and he made an impact. Got the assist for the Hoogland goal but his pace and dribbling ability against tired legs shone, he could really be a player in this role in the coming weeks, same applies for George Williams.

I accept that the system is still in its infancy so I'm not too bothered about today, we performed brilliantly in stages, if we can nab a bit of luck prior to hitting our stride then there's no reason why we can't kick on and dominate.

Pretty much spot on with me.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

PokerMatt

Quote from: Reznor on August 09, 2014, 08:50:00 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on August 09, 2014, 07:42:03 PM
The low ratings for Bodurov and Parker are surprising for me. Didn't think the Bulgarian put a foot wrong and Parker was a calming influence.
So calm that championship teams will love us. Parker slows the game down so much it's laughable. Teams like Ipswich fear players moving from midfield with speed to interact with forwards and Parker does the complete opposite, he allows the team we are playing time to re-group and get back into shape. very frustrating.
All our midfielders should be bursting forward and playing at pace then? No, a team needs balance and Parker offered that.

The game I saw was Parker making more passes than anyone else and starting a lot of our attacks. But I agree he didn't lump it forward - which appears to be what many want to see.
Follow me: @mattdjourno