more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fulhamish things that have happened?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 12, 2014, 07:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Beamer on August 13, 2014, 07:47:44 AM
1977 - being 6-0 up at half-time against Leyton Orient last home game of the season and some old boy in the old toilet block at the back of the Hammy Stand, mid pee, saying to no one in particular "You know if we carry on playing like this we could win this game". Classic.
Reminds me of a game in the late 80's / maybe early 90's so we would have been in the old Div 3 and there was a pause in the game whilst a player got some treatment. A Fulham fan in the Hammy end then yells "don't just stand around Fulham, PRACTISE!!"
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Holders

Just needing a draw at home the last game of the season to finish top and losing 0-1 (Ricky Heppolette, diving header at the Hammersmith end).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Beating West Ham in the League Cup and then losing to them in the FA Cup the same season.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LittleErn

:doh: watching us beat the then famous Wolves at the cottage, then travelling to Molyneux for the return ten days later - only to lose 9-0 !

Airfix

Equalizer saying THIS on BBC News (at 1'47")

Fulham fans on way to Hamburg 20100512.mp4

And that is me driving the minibus.

Fulham1959

Having two players on our books at the same time (I think?) with the fairly ordinary name of 'Moussa Dembele'.

colinwhite

In 1966 we did the first" great escape" .  Bill Shankleys Liverpool came to the cottage (my first game as a10 year old )
,when they were by far the leagues best team and we were bottom by 4 points and we won 2-0  (with about nine games left ) and   stayed up that year .
Its the fulhamish thing that makes people fall in love with the club , anyone can support Chelsea but Fulham is away of life !

colinwhite

2 out of the last 6 England mangers ,Roy and Keegan  (plus ray lou ) come to the fore with success at the cottage .
the only premier league club to have three managers at the club at the same time  Muelstein , wilkins and churlishly   not surprising  our play was a bit schizophrenic......

Delboy

Legend has it, if I remember it correctly, that Tosh Chamberlain went to take a corner once at the Cottage, missed the ball and snapped the corner flag in half. Now an emminent hack wrote the next day that if the corner flag had come across Maurice Cook would have headed it in. That's pretty Fulhamish.

Nick Bateman

Not sure if this is Fulhamish but Mohamed Al Fayed told every journalist trying to tap up Louis Saha for Man.United, "Read my lips, he is not for sale!" only to flog him about a week later.

Ironic that Fayed used that term which George Bush originated when running for Presidency stating there would be no new taxes, a promise he also revoked when he got into office.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bog

In 1959 when were promoted with a very good side we signed just two players. Alf Stokes, an over the hill forward from Spuds and one Reginald Stratton from non-league Woking....pushing the boat out we were then....