watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fulhamish things that have happened?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 12, 2014, 07:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

The word fulham-ish seems to have been invented for the many many ironic, funny coincidences or decisions only fulham could invent. Its one of the things that makes fulham so loveable.

I was at the cottage earlier to buy the new shirt and I was discussing the new signings with my family. Everytime I mentioned the name hoogland my mum found it fascinating because it sounds so much like hangeland.

Anyway I then thought about when john collins left.and within 6months we had signed collins john.

signing boateng after chasing him for 3 transfer windows to discover he was useless and played less than 10games.

michael jackson statue??.......

Winning the intertoto thanks to inamoto

being relegated in our 13th ( unlucky for some) year in the prem.

Singing black eyed peas "ive got a feeling" as our club anthem during the europa league final ceremony.

Splashing the cash 4 times and failing miserably 4 times. (Too early for mcormack).

I love fulhamish things so please educate me on any from years ago or ones I might even remember that have slipped my mind.

I love our club!!!!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

gang

Not buying new flags when we were relegated from the 1st division because we would only be in the 2nd division for 1 year, then to be relegated to the 3rd.

dannyboi-ffc

Anyone who knows the history of the cottage can clarify this but am I right in thinking when craven cottage was built, they didnt realise until it was finished that there was nowhere for the players to change. Thats why the cottage was built in the corner unattached from the ground.

If that is true then fulhamish goes back over 100years and that one probably tops the lot

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

jarv

Beating Everton away en route to Wembley, 1975

ealex40

'FULHAMISH' was actually part of the club's Telegram address.

The earliest reference that I have found is on the title page of a 1925-26 programme, for the January 30, 4th round tie against Liverpool (which we won 3-1).

Telegrams:"FULHAMISH, WALGREEN, LONDON"

It may have been in use earlier but none of the older programmes (different format), make reference to it. Incidentally, in 1926, the club's phone number was 1059 Putney. 049:gif

jarv

Taking Frank Large as part exchange for Allan Clarke.  Fulham took a bath on that piece of transfer business.

ealex40

I have often thought that my biggest dread would be Fulhamish....That Fulham win a game the day after I kick the bucket!

colinwhite

Frank large , surely the worst player to ever put on the white shirt ........My dad used to say that he had 2 left feet !
The maestro selling Malcolm Macdonald to Luton for 17 grand when everyone could see that he was a really amazing prospect . Scored on his debut  against Palace (Iwas there )after haynes put him up front having brought him in as aright back !!!
Needless to say we went down that season and we SACKED  Sir bobby Robson ..

Now you don't get more Fulhamish than  that !

colinwhite

fred Callahan steaming down the wing and flying into the tackle against some poor winger only for some bright spark to shout " come oan  Fred for gaud sake get stuck in !

colinwhite

Our best left winger of all time ,Les Barrett was actually right -footed .

Holders

Two Fulham players captain their countries in the finals of the World Cup in the year that we are so bad that we get relegated.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Being 91st in the League during our centenary year (1979).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

colinwhite

Being denied a replay when our promotion decider in 1982 was interrupted and abandoned  by a pitch invasion by derby supporters several minutes before full-time . I don't think that would happened to many other clubs !

Burt

Having a cottage in the corner of the ground  065.gif

The Enclosurite

Matthew Briggs being sent off in the game before he was due to return to the Cottage.
¡COYW!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

In the bad old days, in order to avoid CC being sold off for development, the tree in the Putney End corner by the river was listed because it was a home to rare birds
I think they turned out to be Parakeets & now the damn things are all over London
& some say Jimmy Hendrix caused their over breeding by releasing a pair from his London flat - "Freedom"

Me-ate-Live, innit??

On 5th April 2008 we were beaten at home 3 - 1 by a very poor Sunderland

three weeks later this happened/b]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YM7TD2un1Q

Now that was  Fulhamish[

July 2007 we signed David Healy Leeds United   £1,500,000 
7 years later we sign Ross McCormack  from leeds for 7 times the fee

...Now if that isnt Fulhamish !!!!!

St Eve

The floodlights failing the first time we used them
Mullery punching his team mate Dunne
Les strong getting injured during the warm up
Bobby Moore scoring an own goal on his debut
Zat knight getting called up for England

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: St Eve on August 13, 2014, 02:10:10 AM
The floodlights failing the first time we used them
Mullery punching his team mate Dunne
Les strong getting injured during the warm up
Bobby Moore scoring an own goal on his debut
Zat knight getting called up for England

I dont think mullery punching a team mate is very fulhamish. Thats more of a newcastle thing. Bobby moore scoring an own goal on his  debut is brilliant! It could only happen to fulham. Same with the floodlights

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Beamer

1977 - being 6-0 up at half-time against Leyton Orient last home game of the season and some old boy in the old toilet block at the back of the Hammy Stand, mid pee, saying to no one in particular "You know if we carry on playing like this we could win this game". Classic.