watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today

Started by SouthfieldWhite, August 16, 2014, 09:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Playing one up front at home to Millwall was a major error.

Changing the team so much from the last game was another error

Both were down to one man

BUT to be fair to him he changed it how I had called it at half time and we looked better

There's no bigger fan of the youth than me, and not many have seen as much of the youth as I have so I don't speak on hear say or just watching the FA youth final

Cameron burgess only had one full season in the u18s unlike most of the others that have played in the first team.

I don't think he's ready, nor is Christensen, playing both today was a mistake.

I also felt that we lost our shape abit once George Williams went off and the Greek was expected to get forward more.

As for our right back, I just don't see what everyone raves about, I don't rate him.

Saying all the above, I still think we need to be patient, things won't gel for months .

But Felix has to start picking a settled side .

Can't wait for the window to poo so we know what we can move forward with.

I'm not calling for magaths head but he needs to stop making so many errors

hovewhite

Felix I think is looking to find the players to suit his pattern of play the problem is if he isn't careful the youngsters will lose confidence which is why he plays them one week and not the next.
Also he has paired two different youngsters alongside bodorov,I felt burgess did well,but like all the kids in the club you can't expect consistency,and if that's the price we pay so be it.,

Denver Fulham

Honest question: How many consecutive matches now has Magath gotten the starting XI/tactics wrong and had to make a change(s) by halftime? Flexibility in approach is great, but how about you actually get it right from the jump instead of being dictated to every week? This is where his lack of experience in England comes in. I haven't seen any evidence he has any idea week to week about who we're playing or how to attack them.

The Rock

I don't think Magath is a very good manager. Tactically. There are glaring problems with team selection every game. If he were a few years older it would be feasible for one to say he's lost it/gone off the deep end etc. I haven't rated him from the start. I do think he can find the right mix some day, but telling the fans that promotion is the minimal prerequisite is somewhere between lying and dilusinal.

Barrett487

Surely Magath is having to see in 'real time' the way players perform in the championship. An established manager with experience of how his established team performs has a good chance of succeeding tacticly, he knows how to use them, but Felix is building an exciting squad from scratch.

When a clear-out is required, any manager would struggle. I remind you all of our promotion season.... we played like Brazil (or vice versa) and strolled it.

We become defensive cloggers and we stay in the championship, or sink lower.

Cream rises to the top.  049:gif

H4usuallysitting

We should play 5 4 1 away.....and 3 5 2 at home.....two wingers, we have a couple of speed merchants....Roberts Williams Kaka.......and we must leave 1 player up when the opposition get a corner

westcliff white

Quote from: hovewhite on August 16, 2014, 09:37:04 PM
Felix I think is looking to find the players to suit his pattern of play the problem is if he isn't careful the youngsters will lose confidence which is why he plays them one week and not the next.
Also he has paired two different youngsters alongside bodorov,I felt burgess did well,but like all the kids in the club you can't expect consistency,and if that's the price we pay so be it.,
He changes players and systems almost every game, so does he know what pattern he is buying for? My worry is he tinkers too much
Every day is a Fulham day

Alan_C

My thoughts were that once the youngsters have settled we will see a vast improvement.

Defence is possibly the area that needs some minor intervention. Burgess is a bit too raw and needs a bit of time to connect his feet with the rest of his body (I saw a bit of Jim Hicks in him today). It is a case of who plays with Bodurov in the middle.

Hyndman looks good, Williams will improve each game as will David. Christiansen needs a bit more U21 action.

McCormack will be worth his weight in gold.

Like many have said we can't be over critical of a team who don't know each other yet. If it were me I would start with McCormack and Woodrow on Wednesday. With either Amore or Burn alongside Bodurov.

I think Wednesday will see us grab a confidence boosting win.

Deanothefulhamfan

Magath plays 4-4-2 diamond all pre season, and against Ipswich, then goes 4-5-1 at home...

Where on earth was woodrow, was possibly one our best players last week when he came on... He started Williams and christensen who were not even in the squad last week.

FM got it wrong, like he did last week and like he did last season..... He is never learning. He has 6 games to save his job, and imo  it will be 6 games too long for us....

Shambles