https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Even Worse

Started by Peabody, August 22, 2014, 10:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Peabody on August 22, 2014, 01:32:38 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 01:24:19 PM
This is a messageboard. Posters should believe in their opinions and be prepared and able to defend them.
Why, is it a debating chamber?. Some of you take yourselves to seriously

If it is not about debate what is a messageboard about Fulham FC for?

Just posting pictures of cute kittens?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 02:38:28 PM
This is a messageboard. Posters should believe in their opinions and be prepared and able to defend them.

Mr. Peabody, you must consider the poster in this case. He does this to nearly everyone. He will take you to task on anything you post so, I find the best course with posters who serially engage this way is to ignore their comments and keep posting. You don't have to respond....unless you feel like debating.

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 02:28:59 PM
It is rather a clever, dismissive trick to label those who are questioning and criticising Magath as `panicking'.

The point is that a decision may have to be made at some stage given the results. The question is given the decisions being made by the manager and the performances are there enough positive signs to keep faith with the manager? What if we have no points from the first six games, for example?

The longer the decision is left (if it needs to be made) the further behind we will be in terms of points, the lower the confidence of the players and the more they will have got into the habit of losing and hence the more difficult it will be to turn matters around.

Good post
I think panicking is when results go against you, even though real progress and method could be observed but that needed just a little longer to mature, IMO that is what happened with rene, the victim of panicking.
What we have with felix is poor results, poor descision making, no idea of the best 11, a team that is too small and lacking leadership, and since he joined a continual chopping and changing. In fact the performance at Stoke was a disgrace and that had to be down to him for all the reasons we have discussed before.

I think replacing felix would not be panic but a strategic move in the right direction, not a panic but a considered decision, and in the end doing what is inevitable anyway so better done now.

Peabody

Why, do you have any? Kittens I mean. Like I say, you seem like a bloke who takes himself far to seriously.

premFlem

Do we really think a manager who has won three german league titles with two different clubs is clueless.
Do we really think the championship is tougher than the top league in germany,
Yes I think he should play what he thinks his strongest team is at the moment,for one reason only and that is to stop himself being hounded out his job.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 22, 2014, 02:41:47 PM

Mr. Peabody, you must consider the poster in this case. He does this to nearly everyone. He will take you to task on anything you post so, I find the best course with posters who serially engage this way is to ignore their comments and keep posting. You don't have to respond....unless you feel like debating.

This is demonstrably an inaccurate statement if you review my posts (even after being wisely toned down from your original post since deleted) and an unbecoming personal attack.

nose

Quote from: premFlem on August 22, 2014, 02:58:11 PM
Do we really think a manager who has won three german league titles with two different clubs is clueless.
Yes I think he should play what he thinks his strongest team is at the moment,for one reason only and that is to stop himself being hounded out his job.

Good post and at face value sound a very reasonable argument
BUT
It isn't what he did do before, it what he is doing now and whether we feel he is going in the correct direction. There are many instances where a manager may be extremely successful in one situation but not in another. I do not doubt his knowledge, but his ability to apply it to Fulham seems to be questionable and so many players in so many games, is poor, AND he was brought in to save us last season and he wasn't even close, in fact the biggest games V stoke and Hull were total shambles stuff.

I have no confidence in him any more.

Quote from: Peabody on August 22, 2014, 02:51:12 PM

Why, do you have any? Kittens I mean. Like I say, you seem like a bloke who takes himself far to seriously.

So rather than being prepared to discuss your opinion you choose instead resort to personal abuse.

Great! A great contribution to making this a friendly place to offer and discuss opinions?

Peabody

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 03:10:57 PM

T, do you have any? Kittens I mean. Like I say, you seem like a bloke who takes himself far to t.

So rather than being prepared to discuss your opinion you choose instead resort to personal abuse.

Great! A great contribution to making this a friendly place to offer and discuss opinions?

Pot calling the kettle etc. I would normally debate but not with someone who comes across so hostile.

Putney

There are plenty of reasons why fans should and do boycott games but boycotting because the manager isn't good enough is not one of them. If people wanted to boycott going to games because of Shad Khan then that's fine, I'd support that, but the attendance makes little difference to Felix Magath's choice of line up. Further, as I'm, a paid up season ticket holder (as many others are) then the club already has my money for the season.

premFlem

Quote from: nose on August 22, 2014, 03:04:25 PM

BUT
It isn't what he did do before, it what he is doing now and whether we feel he is going in the correct direction. There are many instances where a manager may be extremely successful in one situation but not in another. I do not doubt his knowledge, but his ability to apply it to Fulham seems to be questionable and so many players in so many games, is poor, AND he was brought in to save us last season and he wasn't even close, in fact the biggest games V stoke and Hull were total shambles stuff.

Quote from: nose on August 22, 2014, 03:04:25 PM

BUT

what he has achieved shows he is capable,  at this point it gets complicated so forget Rene, when felix came in the squad was demoralised, poorly trained and unfit to the the extent I believe probably no manager in the world with the games left could of turned it around

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Denver Fulham

You can't look at decisions in the macro, like "This would be our fourth manager in 10 months and Fulham would look like idiots."

We already look like idiots. A 13-year Prem club somehow got relegated in one of the worst seasons ever in terms of the bottom half of the Prem. It was galling how stupid it was.

So no, I'm not going to blindly support our manager. He's a loon. The problem is the club has shown no ability to make a correct hire, not that dismissing people has been the wrong decision. We waited well too long on Jol, and look what that got us.

Berserker

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 01:24:19 PMThis is a messageboard. Posters should believe in their opinions and be prepared and able to defend them.

I've never managed to get the posting pictures of cute kittens to work on here, or posting any photos actually. Tried posting pictures of the legendary Basement Cat , didn't work though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote from: Peabody on August 22, 2014, 03:17:16 PM

T, do you have any? Kittens I mean. Like I say, you seem like a bloke who takes himself far to t.

Pot calling the kettle etc. I would normally debate but not with someone who comes across so hostile.

My posts are not hostile. They are nowhere near the hostility of a radio phone-in or a piece of tabloid journalism or even many a letter to a local paper. They are about as hostile as a school essay. Any hostility is in your reading of them merely because they raise issues with your opinions. Just read them as though they are written by someone raising an eyebrow.

Quote from: Berserker on August 22, 2014, 03:44:07 PM

I've never managed to get the posting pictures of cute kittens to work on here, or posting any photos actually. Tried posting pictures of the legendary Basement Cat , didn't work though

1. Go to Preview.
2. Click on the Insert Image Icon (second row, under `B' for bold) which will insert [ img] [ /img] but without the spaces after the `['.
3. Right click on image selecting  Copy image URL.
4. Left click between the image brackets
5. Right click between the image brackets selecting Paste.

crazycottager

i don't know anymore, i just have to see what happens.

crazycottager

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 04:18:05 PM
Quote from: Berserker on August 22, 2014, 03:44:07 PM

1. Go to Preview.
2. Click on insert image icon (second row, under `B' for bold ( or just type in ).
3. Right click on image selecting  Copy image URL.
4. Left click between
5. Right click between selecting paste.

064.gif well that was awkward to follow up on.  064.gif

Peabody

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 03:47:17 PM
Quote from: Peabody on August 22, 2014, 03:17:16 PM
This is a messageboard. Posters should believe in their opinions and be prepared and able to defend
them.

My posts are not hostile. They are nowhere near the hostility of a radio phone-in or a piece of tabloid journalism or even many a letter to a local paper. They are about as hostile as a school essay. Any hostility is in your reading of them merely because they raise issues with your opinions. Just read them as though they are written by someone raising an eyebrow.

Blimey, raising an eyebrow, you are talented, aren't you? You'll be telling your Roger Moore next.