watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Even Worse

Started by Peabody, August 22, 2014, 10:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have deliberately made no comment after Wednesdays depressing performance but even more depressing, is the sense of panic from this and I guess other Fulham forums. I take a different view from most of you, except to say that I, like most of you, am not totally convinced by Felix, however, he is Fulham manager and for that reason, I will support him whilst he is in the job. You may call that misguided and foolhardy but that is my way. There is nothing I, or anyone else can do about it, except, stop attending games, that is our only weapon. I myself, will continue to attend games, because I think paniciking will lead us along an even rockier path.

SouthWest6

I don't think this just stems from Wednesday night Peabody. Many have very short memories, in that most of our fans have been subject to poor football, crazy decisions, lack of investment and most of all wins for the best part of 2 seasons now. I know it's not all about winning, but it does become very depressing when you expect things to improve, but instead they get considerably worse. We didn't just get relegated last season, we gave up our Premier League status by being complete fools, which to most of us was a very bitter pill to swallow, something that won't just go away over night. To add to our misery, we then have an owner who gave us all the chat about how investment isn't an issue, only for us to seemingly penny pinch again, and end up 2nd from bottom of the Championship after 3 games.

Yes it early doors, but I also think people are being a little hard on the fans not to expect them to be pee'd off.

colinwhite

Im with you Peabody. Depressed and a bit dumfounded over felixs constant tinkering with the team . What he has really said with his team selection is that he doesn't really trust any of the kids to deliver results .
Apart from Burgess .
This division is full  of teams who would be bottom half of the premiership, and away from home defend deep and hit you on the counter . They like playing against sides that have lots of possession , as we have seen already .
We don't look to turn teams over , and hit them on the break . This worries me bit

WhiteJC

we need a Danny Murphy

Nero

You're misguided and foolhardy

Lighthouse

Has any Fulham team ever lost three in a row at the start of any season? I am too lazy to check.

But the Project Fulham makes sense. We clearly have some very good and talented players. The only problem seems to be the need to change when no change appears to be needed. Let the partnerships on the pitch get used to each other. No player, young or old is ever going to gel with different players every game.

Still aiming for a 14th place finish. We need a tougher spine to the team. Or at least a more experienced one. Wednesday's selection baffled and upset many fans and the reason was plain to see. Plenty of good things but let some of the players get used to each other.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Peabody on August 22, 2014, 10:44:18 AM
I have deliberately made no comment after Wednesdays depressing performance but even more depressing, is the sense of panic from this and I guess other Fulham forums. I take a different view from most of you, except to say that I, like most of you, am not totally convinced by Felix, however, he is Fulham manager and for that reason, I will support him whilst he is in the job. You may call that misguided and foolhardy but that is my way. There is nothing I, or anyone else can do about it, except, stop attending games, that is our only weapon. I myself, will continue to attend games, because I think paniciking will lead us along an even rockier path.

The idea that stopping attending games will change anything immediately or would actually happen en mass is misguided.

The implication that those who are not convinced by Felix should stop attending is unpleasant. We should all continue to support the club and the players.

And what can "I will support him whilst he is in the job" possibly mean? That you will give a loud cheer of "Well done Felix" as the team is announced with another four random changes? Or are you saving up all your abuse to turn on him the day he is sacked?

Why should a manager be immune from critical analysis?

Is it panicking to note that we don't have a settled formation, we don't have a settled team, that experienced players have been ostracised, we have weaknesses in key areas and those weaknesses are unlikely to be addressed in this transfer window? We saw how the team under Jol got into the habit of losing. This could be happening again and we should recognise that as early as possible and act. If we lose to Derby, Brentford and Cardiff, as we might easily do, then the time to act will probably have come.

BestOfBrede

Well said sir!

I really cannot see what getting rid of another manager would do?
I'm sticking by Felix as I believe he will get the team right and we will be fine.

Peabody

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 01:06:01 PM

The idea that stopping attending games will change anything immediately or would actually happen en mass is misguided.

The implication that those who are not convinced by Felix should stop attending is unpleasant. We should all continue to support the club and the players.

And what can "I will support him whilst he is in the job" possibly mean? That you will give a loud cheer of "Well done Felix" as the team is announced with another four random changes? Or are you saving up all your abuse to turn on him the day he is sacked?

Why should a manager be immune from critical analysis?

Is it panicking to note that we don't have a settled formation, we don't have a settled team, that experienced players have been ostracised, we have weaknesses in key areas and those weaknesses are unlikely to be addressed in this transfer window. We saw how the team under Jol got into the habit of losing. This could be happening again and we should recognise that as early as possible and act. If we lose to Derby, Brentford and Cardiff, as we might easily do, then the time to act will probably have come.

I have quite clearly said that this is my way, I am not asking anyone to follow my way. What is it with you people, am I alone not allowed to express an opinion without being pilloried for it.

Quote from: Peabody on August 22, 2014, 01:10:41 PM
I have quite clearly said that this is my way, I am not asking anyone to follow my way. What is it with you people, am I alone not allowed to express an opinion without being pilloried for it.

What is this weird view of some on this site that they expect to be able to express their opinion but that then not have anyone respond to it?

Or is it that only agreement is acceptable?

This is a messageboard. Posters should believe in their opinions and be prepared and able to defend them.

love4ffc

Mr. P I'm with you 100%.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Peabody

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2014, 01:24:19 PM
I have quite clearly said that this is my way, I am not asking anyone to follow my way. What is it with you people, am I alone not allowed to express an opinion without being pilloried for i[/t
  is this weird view of some on this site that they expect to be able to express their opinion but that b align have anyone respond to w

This is a messageboard. Posters should believe in their opinions and be prepared and able to defend them.

Why, is it a debating chamber?. Some of you take yourselves to seriously

jags24

What is this weird view of some on this site that they expect to be able to express their opinion but that then not have anyone respond to it?

:plus one:

Basically his entire view means, "don't question Felix".  Blind faith, I suppose.

Peabody

Quote from: jags24 on August 22, 2014, 01:32:58 PM

:plus one:

Basically his entire view means, "don't question Felix".  Blind faith, I suppose.

Where have I said that?

Andy S

After a comment I made yesterday I had no replies. Does that mean everyone agreed? In fairness everyone is entitled to an opinion and we all see things slightly differently. We need a win to cheer about.

Berserker

Don't worry Andy S, when I say someting it often kills a thread.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bill taylors apprentice

I sort of agree with you Peabody, although I will vent my frustrations from time to time.

The problem with Magath is (and I think he is only able to operate as the owner allows) since he has been here he communicates very poorly, we now have these letters to the fans in his name clearly written by someone in PR.
He has not inspired the team to perform well and look like they know what they are trying to achieve.
There is no sign of a first team regardless of whether we agree with it and there is no sign of there ever being one.
While I was all for a mass clear out he has chosen too many youngsters (under 21's) in each game.
He may have his hands tied regards signing new established players but, Fotheringham, please!  
So looking in from the outside it looks like the madness continues.
I say lets see where the team is after the window has closed and another 2 games have been played. I'm not confident it will have improved much but I live in hope.

Deanothefulhamfan

Guys I said this in an earlier thread, we are all entitled to give our opinions.

Times are tense at the moment, and we may not agree with each other, but the whole point of a forum, is to voice our opinions. I think the only thing we have all agreed on recently was the superb performances young Hyndman has given recently, but I can't recall another time when we have all agreed on something. This is great, having different opinions makes great thread's and discussions.

Peabody is giving his opinion, and trying to remain optimistic (like others on the board ), the negative mass is growing, but whilst FM is still in charge there is nothing none of us can do. Except support the boys of course, we don't have to support the manager, but we sure as heck need to give these young players our support.

I think those that are panicking have good reason's for doing so, hopefully Khan and co, are being correctly advised as to the next course of action.... in the meantime we must wait.

It is rather a clever, dismissive trick to label those who are questioning and criticising Magath as `panicking'.

The point is that a decision may have to be made at some stage given the results. The question is given the decisions being made by the manager and the performances are there enough positive signs to keep faith with the manager? What if we have no points from the first six games, for example?

The longer the decision is left (if it needs to be made) the further behind we will be in terms of points, the lower the confidence of the players and the more they will have got into the habit of losing and hence the more difficult it will be to turn matters around.

nose

I think the original post is an entirely reasonable opinion but unfortunately not one I quite share.

before the last game it seemed to me we were heading on the right lines. But with the vast number of changes and the lack of understanding that we need more physical prescence, especially in the center of midfield, getting a settled side and reflecting what he actually achieved last season, has left me completely turning 180 degrees and thinking it would be better to change now and quickly before any more damage is inevitably done. I have bsolutely no faith in Felix anymore, in the same way I had none in Jol. The end is inevitable so make the change now. I do not support the current manager, but i do support and will continue to support the team.

I  will always 'get behind the lads' on match day, and will always attend every game i can physically manage to go to as well.  I can never jeer them, that is not my style at all, but do feel this is the correct forum to vent ones spleen.

I do also happen to think the greater problem is the board and CEO are totally to blame for not selecting suitable managers.  And I would like to see them relieved of their duties ASAP!

But to reiterate, I do understand the OP and can see the logic, I just don't agree we need to 'support' felix any longer (however 10 wins in a row would see me change my mind and probably retract everything but don't hold your breath for that).