watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Casasola Signs - official

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, August 22, 2014, 09:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

I know I am, like others, definitely glass half empty at the moment so it is difficult to get enthusiastic about this very good signing.  Cynically I am at the point of thinking that we are nurturing the young talent for a year or so before selling them on for a profit.  Rather than building a team for the here and now.

God The Mechanic

Varane was starting for Real Madrid at his age a few years ago.  Not to say he will turn out as good as Varane, but we certainly aren't Real Madrid either.

Age is NOT a limiting factor, ability is, and if he's better than what we have at the moment he will start.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 22, 2014, 01:22:58 PM
Varane was starting for Real Madrid at his age a few years ago.  Not to say he will turn out as good as Varane, but we certainly aren't Real Madrid either.

Age is NOT a limiting factor, ability is, and if he's better than what we have at the moment he will start.
But look at who Varane had in front of him and alongside of him, plus the general quality he played against meant he had little pressure on him apart from 1-2 games a season, Nice way to ease in a talented player very different from our current position

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 22, 2014, 02:02:49 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 22, 2014, 01:22:58 PM
Varane was starting for Real Madrid at his age a few years ago.  Not to say he will turn out as good as Varane, but we certainly aren't Real Madrid either.

But look at who Varane had in front of him and alongside of him, plus the general quality he played against meant he had little pressure on him apart from 1-2 games a season, Nice way to ease in a talented player very different from our current position

The general quality he played against?  You mean one of the best leagues in the world - a league where a quarter of the teams have played European club finals in the last three years?  As for players alongside him, Bodurov has been fantastic since he signed and has boatloads of experience.  That being said, we do desperately (after three years) still need to strengthen midfield.

But I wouldn't write off a defender that some of the biggest clubs in the world have been looking at, especially playing in the second division.

rweller86

I think this is a good signing to show intent but  I think we do need experience. However, this guy will be a future star, providing he is nutured correctly. Been scouted by most of the big clubs around europe!
@rweller

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 22, 2014, 10:21:31 AM
Another crap signing. I fear for the future of the team I love.

You know we're a Championship side now, right? I'll take a guess and say that Ronaldo probably isn't interested.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

hovewhite

Well rated and why not start him in a 3 man backline as if there good enough there old enough.
I have to say there's a nasty trait creepin in on this board,don't get on plaayers backs after 3 games.support is what's needed!!

crazycottager

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 22, 2014, 11:04:35 AM
He might be one to watch but at 19 but as he fits our current first team profile Felix could include him and that would be unfair on him. He has to deal with moving to another country and very different culture away from friends and family, a style of football and referee standards he has little knowledge of. He needs time to settle and get used to his surrounding, training, playing with new team mates and making friends which could be months. I fear if we don't nurture this player then we may kill off his burgeoning talent prematurely.

He's excited to go, if you've seen his tweets, i think he'll be right at home, put him in with bodurov, and let's see how he does.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 22, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 22, 2014, 10:21:31 AM
Another crap signing. I fear for the future of the team I love.

You know we're a Championship side now, right? I'll take a guess and say that Ronaldo probably isn't interested.

yes I understand we are a championship side now. But this is still a crap signing.

aaronmcguigan

Casasola has taken #23, previously worn by Sean Davis, Michael Timlin and Derek Boateng

General

This is ridiculous, the guy hasn't even played a game and no one knows what he's like and they're saying he's a crap signing. I know this may be against the grain of pessimism at the moment but the guy may be young but if he's that much more of a bodurov than a burgess and if he has the talent people say he has then all the reason to be excited. You want experience, I want class and from everything I've seen this guy may very well have defensive class. Something I'm all the more happy for.

He also has height on his side which I think we've been missing quite a bit.

Holders

Just because we've never heard of him doesn't make him crap e.g. Malbranque, Fernandes, Dembele, Mc.Bride - Bodurov for that matter.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria