https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why oh Why

Started by Peabody, August 24, 2014, 08:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: Peabody on August 24, 2014, 07:42:35 PM
Oh dear, I seem to have made some enemies.

Let me tell you, I have enough going on with myself healthwise, so, I ain't bothered whether I upset you Apprentice or Slaphead, oh and I appear to have also upset Banstead as well.

I do not care but when you attack posters like Blingo, then I do care.

The offending post I refer to was posted on 17/8.  You end it by saying "I don't care if this upsets people".

Being an old duffer, I do not now how to copy this but look for yourself.

Slaphead in Qatar

Peabody - Where have I attacked blingo on this thread. Please show me.

saying I dont care if i upset people is not aggressive - i was referring to the idea of pulis being our manager which I know some people may not agree with.nothing on that thread which I wrote breached board guidelines and thats why my comments are still up.

And if you think saying you dont care about upsetting people is aggressive  , then you are guilty of saying exactly the same thing on this thread earlier.

Peabody

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 09:10:52 PM
Peabody - Where have I attacked blingo on this thread. Please show me.

saying I dont care if i upset people is not aggressive - i was referring to the idea of pulis being our manager which is not a breach of our board guidelines.

And if you think saying you dont care about upsetting people is aggressive  , then you are guilty of saying exactly the same thing on this thread earlier.

Guilty as charged but did you not say you ont care if you upst people, yes or no?

Slaphead in Qatar

Peabody - Read my reply above - Edited above while you were typing yours.

Peabody

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 09:18:20 PM
Peabody - Read my reply above - Edited above while you were typing yours.

So my saying I don't care if I upset you, is different to you saying I don't care if I upset people?

Forgive me, I was only educated to Secondary Modern standard but both statements sound remarkably similar.

Slaphead in Qatar

Peabody - You are saying that by me stating that I dont care if my pulis idea offends people is aggressive. I am saying that in my opion that is not an aggressive statement. And the second point I am making is that if you think my statement was aggressive why have you made the exact I dont care if I offend people statement yourself earlier in this thread.

and I will make a third point - if you think any of my statements breach board guidelines then please report me to the moderators and they can decide.

blingo

I have reported you to the mods, your whole tone towards MrP was aggressive earlier. You may not think so but I do.

blingo

Mr P prob better off locking this one down m8. This is another of the "I'm never wrong" brigade.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: blingo on August 24, 2014, 09:49:19 PM
I have reported you to the mods, your whole tone towards MrP was aggressive earlier. You may not think so but I do.

I have not been aggressive at all. I have simply disagreed with him and you in a manner  within the posting guidelines.

We will indeed let the mods decide on this.

Peabody

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 09:36:30 PM
Peabody - You are saying that by me stating that I dont care if my pulis idea offends people is aggressive. I am saying that in my opion that is not an aggressive statement. And the second point I am making is that if you think my statement was aggressive why have you made the exact I dont care if I offend people statement yourself earlier in this thread.

and I will make a third point - if you think any of my statements breach board guidelines then please report me to the moderators and they can decide.

I didn't say "people", I said Slahead and Apprentice, not as wide ranging as yours.

Logicalman

So, we have gone from one member asking why others need to resort to personal abuse towards Felix because they disagree with the manner he handles the squad, to personal abuse and trading insults between other members, it kinda reinforces the original assertion, doesn't it?

I agree that FoF, as most other MBs are considered as electronic debating chambers, but I would also say that where a post is made by an established member (someone that has multiple posts on the MB) is made, then they do have the right not to have to defend that statement if they choose not to. So it serves as both a sounding post and debating chamber.

We always try to maintain a level of civility on FoF, and that generally means ensuring direct insults and in the hands of educated people, that can also be harsh, to say the least.

Can we all reflect on how we would manage these discussions if we were, say, all together in a pub, and act accordingly. (Note: glassing somebody is not acceptable).   I get ignored by so many on here that I'm used to it, perhaps a few more should ignore a few more others.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.