watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why oh Why

Started by Peabody, August 24, 2014, 08:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I posted something similar during Martin Jol's era.

It is quite clear that most Fulham Fans want an end to Felix's reign but why do a significant minority of you have to add personal abuse about Felix, someone who very few of you have never met (neither have I), so how do you know whether he is mad, or a scumbag (these are the mild ones). He is just doing a job, badly I admit but all you are doing is demeaning your argument. OK, it may make you feel better but it is not the way to persuade others of your point of view.

bobby01

I agree with you, there appears to be a trend on the board at the moment to insult anyone who does not agree with your view. It is happening more and more and personal attacks are becoming commonplace, mostly originating from relatively new posters. Sad reflection on people when arguments have to end up in abuse.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Martinsback

Quote from: bobby01 on August 24, 2014, 09:06:27 AM
I agree with you, there appears to be a trend on the board at the moment to insult anyone who does not agree with your view. It is happening more and more and personal attacks are becoming commonplace, mostly originating from relatively new posters. Sad reflection on people when arguments have to end up in abuse.

I don't insult anyone who disagrees with Peabody...

blingo

They be renaming this site Cottage Corner soon MrP lol.

Twig

I agree entirely.  None of us know the man, we only witness the results of his management.  Therefore we are entitled to comment on what we see but not to abuse the person.

RaySmith

I'm sure Felix desperately wants the team to do well, and is doing his best, but abusing people personally is the way things are at the moment, sadly.

jags24

A few weeks ago, the M.O. was to attack anyone who criticized Felix.  I was on the receiving end of that.  Now the M.O. is to attack anyone who backs Felix.  When will it ever end?!?

Apprentice to the Maestro

There is the unpleasant stench of hypocrisy attached to this thread because this poster resorted to personal abuse rather than defend his assertions in a thread the other day:

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=41704.0

Peabody

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2014, 03:43:41 PM
There is the unpleasant stench of hypocrisy attached to this thread because this poster resorted to personal abuse rather than defend his assertions in a thread the other day:

Oh you've slithered back have you, with your hostile comments

Texas White

Quote from: Peabody on August 24, 2014, 08:59:33 AM

It is quite clear that most Fulham Fans want an end to Felix's reign but why do a significant minority of you have to add personal abuse about Felix, someone who very few of you have never met (neither have I), so how do you know whether he is mad, or a scumbag (these are the mild ones). He is just doing a job, badly I admit but all you are doing is demeaning your argument. OK, it may make you feel better but it is not the way to persuade others of your point of

It is quite clear that most Fulham Fans want an end to Felix's reign but why do a significant minority of you have to add personal abuse about Felix, someone who very few of you have never met (neither have I), so how do you know whether he is mad, or a scumbag (these are the mild ones). He is just doing a job, badly I admit but all you are doing is demeaning your argument. OK, it may make you feel better but it is not the way to persuade others of your point of view.

I am afraid this is the sad way of the world now. Less manners and the ability to type insults from a dark room with no chance of any come back from the recipricant.

Quote from: jags24 on August 24, 2014, 02:31:35 PM
A few weeks ago, the M.O. was to attack anyone who criticized Felix.  I was on the receiving end of that.  Now the M.O. is to attack anyone who backs Felix.  When will it ever end?!?

You make an interesting point. I think of it as the hysteria of crowds.

I understand that we should avoid personal abuse.

A forum though has got to include what we might hope would be constructive criticism. Posters should accept that there will be, for example, those for Magath, those against and those undecided from day 1 let alone from yesterday.

I suppose the M.O. changes when the crowd size reaches critcal mass and the new minority feel less inclined to back a losing argument as support ebbs away.

Another associated phenomenon is the sort of patronising post that exclaims "You are not a supporter unless you back Magath". Very strange and unpleasant.

Quote from: Peabody on August 24, 2014, 03:52:22 PM

Thank you for promptly demonstrating my point about your use of person abuse and your hypocrisy.

Peabody

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2014, 04:08:57 PM

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=

Thank you for promptly demonstrating my point about your use of person abuse and your hypocrisy.

Rather than bore everyone with our personal feud, perhaps it would be better to discuss our differences face to face, do not worry, I have never been a violent type and at age 75 I am past that sort of thing. So, can I suggest next Saturdays game, prior to KO of course and in deference to my age, you might like to look me up in The Riverside Block S Row B seat 8 and you may be able to tell me why I am a hypocrite and you are not.

crazycottager

Quote from: Peabody on August 24, 2014, 04:22:24 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2014, 04:08:57 PM

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=

Rather than bore everyone with our personal feud, perhaps it would be better to discuss our differences face to face, do not worry, I have never been a violent type and at age 75 I am past that sort of thing. So, can I suggest next Saturdays game, prior to KO of course and in deference to my age, you might like to look me up in The Riverside Block S Row B seat 8 and you may be able to tell me why I am a hypocrite and you are not.

Guys. please stop, we need UNITY, not division, even though we disagree we are all on here for one reason. WE LOVE FULHAM, and even though we have different ideas on how to get us back, we need to compromise to achieve this. I had my fill of fighting last season, i don't want to go through it again

Slaphead in Qatar

most people on here are adults and we don't need to be lectured by you on how we should post. There are a strict set of guidelines on what is acceptable re posting and as long as they are followed then people post their opinions as they wish. The club is slding and felix is a big reason for that, many of us are unhappy.

Peabody

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

most people on here are adults and we don't need to be lectured by you on how we should post. There are a strict set of guidelines on what is acceptable re posting and as long as they are followed then people post their opinions as they wish. The club is slding and felix is a big reason for that, many of us are unhappy.

You an Adult? That's a laugh

Slaphead in Qatar

Oh dear peabody, resorting to personal abuse are we. According to your original post thats not what you should be doing, apparently it demeans your arguement.

blingo

Show some respect slaphead. He is old enough to be your dad and is Fulham thru and thru.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 07:15:49 PM
Oh dear peabody, resorting to personal abuse are we. According to your original post thats not what you should be doing, apparently it demeans your arguement.

This man (Peabody) is one of the most passionate supporters on this forum and probably beyond.
We're all upset and mostly angry but, more importantly, we display it in different ways.
I get attacked a lot, it's just me and I don't give a monkeys.
One of the antagonists on this thread has singled me in the past out for personal abuse.
Perhaps it's just old folk that get attacked by him.

PSST: I wouldn't look Peabody up at the Cardiff game if I was you.
He failed to tell you that he has Finky the Fixer on one side of him and Cameron Diaz on the other.
Decision time :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Peabody

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 24, 2014, 07:15:49 PM

Unfortunately, you are on the wrong forum, I think you require Cottage Corner. Move along please