Main Menu

Sunday Mirror says Parker hits out at Magath

Started by Beamer, August 24, 2014, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: epsomraver on August 25, 2014, 10:34:44 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2014, 09:50:54 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 09:45:56 AM
Im baffled by the criticism of parker. I wasnt at derby but I thought he was pretty much our best player in all the other 3 games. I feel sorry for him, in midfield with rookie burgess out of position and young hyndman, then young hyndman and a very nervous young lvc, then fotheringham. Against derby with ryan williams who is a winger. I think he is carrying the midfield and he does a very good job. Maybe if he had a decemt partner to help him in midfield he wouldnt make any mistakes.

He was awful after xmas last year BUT for one reason or another he will probably be the only player that stayed come the end of the window. Amore mitroglou ruiz hugo and maybe kaca. If that happens he is the only one that chose to stay or we didnt force out. Regardless of whether you think he is brilliant or not I think he deserves respect for his attitude and effort. He was rightfully chose as captain and I think he is vital this season. 

Im pleased parker has voiced his opinion to magath and I think we should be backing parker over that pratt. Scotty must feel humiliated being captain of this shambles with no experience or leaders around him.

Good on ya scotty P, im behind you 100percent. Once a manager loses the fans and the players its only a matter of time before they wave goodbye.
if we lose to brentford, he will have captained us to our worst ever start. he brings nothing to the table and gives as much protection as a split condom

Try watching games properly for a change, he is the only midfielder with any idea at all

totally agree. Maybe the bad startbis down to the manager???? A captain isnt a super hero, even gerrard would struggle in this team.

You just clearly dislike parker which is fair enough but I totally disagree
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

WORTHINGFULHAM

it is quite clear that around our other players scott parker oozes quality and is a step above everyone else on the pitch. fact 049:gif

millsy

Agree Scotty Parker has been our most consistent performer so far this season. He needs help and support!

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 10:45:12 AM
Im baffled by the criticism of parker. I wasnt at derby but I thought he was pretty much our best player in all the other 3 games. I feel sorry for him, in midfield with rookie burgess out of position and young hyndman, then young hyndman and a very nervous young lvc, then fotheringham. Against derby with ryan williams who is a winger. I think he is carrying the midfield and he does a very good job. Maybe if he had a decemt partner to help him in midfield he wouldnt make any mistakes.

He was awful after xmas last year BUT for one reason or another he will probably be the only player that stayed come the end of the window. Amore mitroglou ruiz hugo and maybe kaca. If that happens he is the only one that chose to stay or we didnt force out. Regardless of whether you think he is brilliant or not I think he deserves respect for his attitude and effort. He was rightfully chose as captain and I think he is vital this season. 

Im pleased parker has voiced his opinion to magath and I think we should be backing parker over that pratt. Scotty must feel humiliated being captain of this shambles with no experience or leaders around him.

Good on ya scotty P, im behind you 100percent. Once a manager loses the fans and the players its only a matter of time before they wave goodbye.
if we lose to brentford, he will have captained us to our worst ever start. he brings nothing to the table and gives as much protection as a split condom

Try watching games properly for a change, he is the only midfielder with any idea at all

totally agree. Maybe the bad startbis down to the manager???? A captain isnt a super hero, even gerrard would struggle in this team.

well ive watched him for over a year now. and ive seen him have about 4 good games. we looked so much better when rene dropped him last season. really cant see anything positive that he brings to the team. what are his best attributes. certainly not running with the ball or even crunching tackles. no pace, slows play down. just what does he bring
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

leonffc

Another thing. His name is Scott, not Scotty!! He's not a poxy little dog!

SouthWest6

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on August 25, 2014, 11:04:36 AM
it is quite clear that around our other players scott parker oozes quality and is a step above everyone else on the pitch. fact 049:gif

That's the worrying thing, when 33 year old Scott Parker is your best player on the field, you know alls not well. Not saying Parker isn't any good, he is, especially at this level, but he shouldn't be doing as much as he does with those type of players around him.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2014, 11:25:43 AM

well ive watched him for over a year now. and ive seen him have about 4 good games. we looked so much better when rene dropped him last season. really cant see anything positive that he brings to the team. what are his best attributes. certainly not running with the ball or even crunching tackles. no pace, slows play down. just what does he bring

I dunno what to say, maybe ask a couple of england managers or mourinho. Maybe redknapp they all signed him or picked him. If nothing else maybe just maybe he brings the tiny bit of leadership and experience at the highest level that no one else in the squad has. Writers player of the year not that long ago and a couple of caps as captain of england. Hes a role model for those kids. Your looking too much into the fancy side of the game, he was never a creative midfielder but because he has to do it all on his own he does his best and I think hes doing an excellent job in the circumstances.

He was awful after xmas but superb before it. Giving his whole career I would just like to point out form is temporary, class is permanent

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 12:41:33 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2014, 11:25:43 AM

I dunno what to say, maybe ask a couple of england managers or mourinho. Maybe redknapp they all signed him or picked him. If nothing else maybe just maybe he brings the tiny bit of leadership and experience at the highest level that no one else in the squad has. Writers player of the year not that long ago and a couple of caps as captain of england. Hes a role model for those kids. Your looking too much into the fancy side of the game, he was never a creative midfielder but because he has to do it all on his own he does his best and I think hes doing an excellent job in the circumstances.

He was awful after xmas but superb before it. Giving his whole career I would just like to point out form is temporary, class is permanent
so we picking him because he is a role model and played well for spurs and england a few years ago.

epsomraver

No he is picked because he is good enough to be selected, or perhaps his team number comes out of the bingo bag that Magrat uses for team selections?

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on August 25, 2014, 12:54:41 PM
No he is picked because he is good enough to be selected, or perhaps his team number comes out of the bingo bag that Magrat uses for team selections?
so you dont think we need to buy a new cm/dm in this window then

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2014, 01:08:11 PM

I think we need a new gk, experienced left sided cb if burn isnt the answer because burgess isnt ready and a new midfielder to play next to parker, not replace him. As good as hyndman is he is only 17. We shouldnt be relying on kids, he should be bedded in slowly but always part of the match day squad. I think you would see a big difference if parker had an adequate player alongside him.

Kids need players that have parkers experience around them. Look at mB utds kids in the 90s, they were fantastic but they had mcclair, pallister, bruce, robson, ince around them. Thats whats missing from our team, the leaders and the role models. Plus parker can play, you really are harsh on his ability. Hes nowhere near crap like most of our older players

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 01:30:52 PM

I think we need a new gk, experienced left sided cb if burn isnt the answer because burgess isnt ready and a new midfielder to play next to parker, not replace him. As good as hyndman is he is only 17. We shouldnt be relying on kids, he should be bedded in slowly but always part of the match day squad. I think you would see a big difference if parker had an adequate player alongside him.

Kids need players that have parkers experience around them. Look at mB utds kids in the 90s, they were fantastic but they had mcclair, pallister, bruce, robson, ince around them. Thats whats missing from our team, the leaders and the role models. Plus parker can play, you really are harsh on his ability. Hes nowhere near crap like most of our older players
i saw parker next to sidwell and that made no difference

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2014, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 25, 2014, 01:30:52 PM

i saw parker next to sidwell and that made no difference

Well I werent a sidwell fan in the slightest but thats a different argument altogether. Sidders did brilliant to score the goals he did but he was too limited in other departments to compliment parker. Who was more creative of the two? Neither.   Who had more pace? Neither. Who was better at passing the ball or running with it? Neither.

Im not saying sidwell was better or worse than parker but they wasnt a partnership. Keane and scholes, makelele and lampard, etuhu  and murphy. Chelsea holding.midfielder- cant remember his name and fabregas. Parker is capable of playing at this level  and very few will be better than him but he needs a partner whos strengths are parkers weaknesses. At the minute parker is doing everything which is not his game, he needs the right help in the middle.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Logicalman

Personally I feel that, given the experience level we currently enjoy (or not) in the squad, Parker does provide some stability and leadership. You don't have to be the best player on the pitch to lead, Danny did a great Captains job for us when there were far superior players in the squad, but none could match his leadership abilities.

It may be easier to shine when those around you are inexperienced youngsters by comparison, but that doesn't mean the old guy doesn't bring something to the table each week. Yep, the GK is the suspect one presently, he needs to settle down as this obviously unsettles the back line as well.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Logicalman on August 25, 2014, 01:55:04 PM
Personally I feel that, given the experience level we currently enjoy (or not) in the squad, Parker does provide some stability and leadership. You don't have to be the best player on the pitch to lead, Danny did a great Captains job for us when there were far superior players in the squad, but none could match his leadership abilities.

It may be easier to shine when those around you are inexperienced youngsters by comparison, but that doesn't mean the old guy doesn't bring something to the table each week. Yep, the GK is the suspect one presently, he needs to settle down as this obviously unsettles the back line as well.

the goalie is another stupid decision from felix. You cant play a back 4 with two kids burgess and kav/staf and two foreigners new to england with a rookie goalie between the sticks. They are nervous as it is, having an unpredictable goalie makes things so.much worse. I dont even think its a case of not being ready, I just dont think hes good enough. Stockdale shouldnt of been forced out until an experienced goalie was brought it.  Stek had to go but selling stocko created a problem that wasnt needed when we already needed to replace the.likes of brede and a midfielder.

One of the 1000 reasons magath is the wrong man. I should write a book

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 25, 2014, 02:03:34 PM
May I suggest that Scott Parkers critics get off his back. He has the heart the size of a football. He is Fulhams most Senior player at the moment, and also the Captain. Try and imagine what it must be like to have a Dictator, Drill Sergeant, Control Freak without any Man Management Skills, whose English is mediocre running the club you play for, it must be a nightmare at team talks as well as training, to be controlled by a complete madman, no wonder the team are bottom of the League, and morale around the club is at Rock Bottom. With supporters confused and wonddering when the next victory will come, trying to second guess the team before every game, the players probably don't know what say it is with all this unnecessary tinkering, no one knowing whether there going to playing each week, knowing the team is not picked on merit, and if a player sneezes at the wrong moment, he is frozen out by this individual, who is impersonating a Football Manager, so please save your energy and criticism to get Magath out before he does further irreparable damage to Fulham FC.   

A few weeks ago you corrected me for saying premiership rather than premier league which I thought was very petty but since then my opinion of you has changed. I agree with pretty much everything you have said since and a hater of magath, fan of parker is a friend of mine!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Baszab

Wooly Mammoth, DB - I am firmly in your club which quite honestly, is the only sensible club in town

Reznor

Quote from: epsomraver on August 24, 2014, 08:58:31 PM
Quote from: Reznor on August 24, 2014, 05:23:12 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 24, 2014, 04:38:26 PM
Quote from: Baider on August 24, 2014, 12:09:39 PM
It makes you wonder how the papers come out with these stories, like theres a journo hiding away in the dressing room or something

Fabricated crap

Its the Mirror!
I wouldn't wipe my with it

8-)

That may be true but Lewis has been good to Fulham over the years and sounds like he may even be a supporter. It may be a rag but he's not a bad reporter.

Lewis is a useless twerp being polite  who copies other journos copy and certainly is not a supporter, he regularly slags off the cottage with it's" stinking toilets" I think the phrase was

You may be right but I had a chat with him a few years back and he had a lot of love for the club, maybe he was just bulling but he had no need to really.

SouthfieldWhite

Epsom Raver , agree, I always say, some fans watch football, others actually understand it,
I always skip past people like Fulham Ben posts as it seems he just watches football