watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou to Olympiokas, did you know, letter to Mitro, merged

Started by supersimmo123, August 29, 2014, 08:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Poor old Mitroglou - the more I read about him, the more I feel sorry for him......this must go down as our strangest ever signing......truth is 90% of us have never seen him play, and the 10% who have seen him play watched him while he was carrying an injury........poor bloke hasn't even been given half a chance

J.Perkins

Magath has said he is fit to play. He is one of our best strikers, and will be much better technically than Woodrow, Rodallega and Dembele when fully fit. If he is happy to stay and fight at the club, I for one am really looking forward to the McCormack-Mitroglou combination.

aaronmcguigan

we cant expect him to leave on anything other than a loan deal so I dont see the reasoning behind not playing him to avoid injuries. No one in their right mind will buy based on reputation alone,  especially when he hasnt shown or been able to show any reason for any club to buy him.

Different for Ruiz, as he was able to show glimpses with PSV and obviously at the world cup, so potential suitors will know exactly what theyre getting.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Greek on August 29, 2014, 11:58:22 PM
Was a bad signing that showed poor recruitment systems at Fulham.

He needed games, even if unfit - turns out you failed anyway, may have well taken a gamble playing him as much a possible.

You have devalued him to the stage where everyday that passes you lose more money and further damage him also.

On a side, Olympiakos will probably be his next destination.

I agree with all of that.
To me it's just another indication of Magaths stupidity, arrogance and poor man management.
I know this is football, but does that sort of bombastic attitude take into consideration peoples
lives and the damage tunnel-visioned blinkered pomposity can cause.
When we needed goals what did he continiue to do.
Ignore Mitro a proven goalscorer.

Phsycology plays a huge part in success.
This guy has about as much clue as a person who has no clue

Get this 'Felix the Divot" out of our club

VEE HAV VAYS OF MAKING YOU NOT PLAY
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

greek_coyw

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 30, 2014, 12:18:43 AM
I for one am really looking forward to the McCormack-Mitroglou combination.

yes, that should be probably the most intresting duet of the team

Greek

dannyboi-ffc

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 30, 2014, 01:33:40 AM
Good riddance, waste of space!

I'd give him a game while uninjured before slagging him
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Good riddance, waste of space!

[/quote]

I'd give him a game while uninjured before slagging him

I just don't get posters who critisize people like this.
Yes this is aimed at you Dannyboi (a song that was actually written by an Englishman)

Have you EVER seen him play live?
Do you honestly know the complete story ?
Was he responsible for being signed and negotiating his personal details and fee ?
Do you know who his agent is (before doing a Google)
Do you know his agents previous dealings ?
Did he ever say he didn't want to play for us ?

etc,,,,did

Come on DB give us/me your reason for saying "Good riddance"

He only played 3 short matches whilst unfit, all away, did you see any of them
He's a proven goalscorer at a very high level, and Wakey Wakey we're in the Championship, a division he could terrorize
Have you watched his you tube video, the geezer is a class act who can score from anywhere ?

Or, are you just jumping on the bandwagon and copying other posters thoughts.

I've never seen him play either, but give the geezer a chance.

This is a more annoyed but knowledgable Roger

"I don't like Guiness, but I've never tried it"........springs to mind
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Snibbo

I wouldn't criticise Mitro personally, but I think whomever decided to splash the cash on him at the most critical time in the club's history, made the biggest mistake in the club's history. All we needed to keep us up was a semi-competent, fit striker who could lead the line, hold the ball up and score a few goals.

What we got was an injured player unable to contribute. Not his fault (unless he was involved in some deception in this very strange transfer), but his inability to play probably cost us (no pun intended) our place in the PL.

FortCollinsFulham

'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

premFlem

Quote from: Snibbo on August 30, 2014, 03:08:25 AM
I wouldn't criticise Mitro personally, but I think whomever decided to splash the cash on him at the most critical time in the club's history, made the biggest mistake in the club's history. All we needed to keep us up was a semi-competent, fit striker who could lead the line, hold the ball up and score a few goals.

What we got was an injured player unable to contribute. Not his fault (unless he was involved in some deception in this very strange transfer), but his inability to play probably cost us (no pun intended) our place in the PL.

:plus one:
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Roberty

Quote from: premFlem on August 30, 2014, 04:26:52 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on August 30, 2014, 03:08:25 AM

:plus one:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and how wise we all become after the event

When he arrived he was the bee-knees and a Greek friend referred to him as a brute who scores for fun

The fact that it did not work out for him here is now clear but I can remember very little dissent when he signed

So I am sure our club had the best intentions but you have to accept that not everything works out and it is well to remember that the only person who never made a mistake, never did anything
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HatterDon

Here was my evaluation of him when first he appeared in our kit.

QuoteAnd now about our record signing. Setting aside the question of why we spent so much money on a guy who not only was not match fit but was carrying an injury in the first place, let's talk about what we saw out there today. Yes, I know it was his first match, but Kostas Mitroglou:
can't run
can't jump
can't hold and distribute
can't keep possession
looks petulant
looks lost, BUT
has a devilish beard
The man is NOT an upgrade on Bent. Now he will get more fit and he will look more at home, but he gave no evidence of moving or thinking quickly enough to make a difference for us.

I see no reason to alter that opinion now. I have no ill will for him, and I hope he has a good career, but he's not fit for the English game.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Bye- bye, please don't let the door hit your injured arm/leg/back/foot/head (delete as appropriate) on the way out.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jimpav

This is like Lee Cook but on a much grander scale.

Wish we could buy back Dembele snr from Spurs for £200 and a programme.

Holders

At least he put in more minutes than Jari Litmanen.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

colinwhite

I have no idea how good Mitroglou is .Neither does any of us . We haven`t seen him play in a Fulham shirt enough to make any kind of judgment . End of .
PS It was not just Felix who didn't think he was fit , Mulenstein didn't play him either despite the 12mill paid for him, and Fulham`s desperate situation the time.

FulhamBoston

Finnish Cottager

Quote from: Holders on August 30, 2014, 07:16:34 AM
At least he put in more minutes than Jari Litmanen.

For me this hurts. Jari is a great player, a legend. He would have been huge player at Fulham.

I really hope we get money back from Olympiakos.