watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou to Olympiokas, did you know, letter to Mitro, merged

Started by supersimmo123, August 29, 2014, 08:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersimmo123

Never played at Craven Cottage in a competitive game.

Shocking.

Riverside

And many think he has been useless rather than injured ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westcliff white

he should have played there already this season
Every day is a Fulham day

cmg

And so the epic rumbles on. Tragedy or Comedy? Who knows?

Since his injury in Greece last season he has scored only 2 goals, both in an u21 game. In three PL games, three WC games and a bit of pre-season he has not really looked like any kind of threat. He has not, in truth, looked like any kind of footballer at all. From what has been seen, I can find no evidence that he would currently be any particular use to us at first team level.

It is a classic Catch-22. He's too expensive for us to jettison but has not shown any prospective buyer any reason to hope that his past glories (and there is no doubt that he was a considerable player) are recoverable. A sad, sad situation for all concerned.

ron

Mitroglu...a modern take on the old adage; "Marry in haste, and repent at leisure..."

Burt

I do remember when he walked over from the Cottage to the Hammersmith End after being introduced to the crowd.

Funny to think that was the highpoint of his career  :dft011:

the nutflush

He's played more than Jari Litmanen though.

Bill2

I am sure I saw him warming up once.

the nutflush

HatterDon

As I've said before, the longer the time since he's played for us, the more brilliant a striker he's become. It was just like BEFORE he played for us. He was world class then and we pulled off a great coup to sign him.

It's only when he IS playing for us that he's absolutely useless in all facets of the striker's arsenal.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riverside

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2014, 02:29:18 PM
As I've said before, the longer the time since he's played for us, the more brilliant a striker he's become. It was just like BEFORE he played for us. He was world class then and we pulled off a great coup to sign him.

It's only when he IS playing for us that he's absolutely useless in all facets of the striker's arsenal.

How many times has he played for us ?
When has he ever played fit ?

I would judge him after 3 or 4 consecutive games for us .
But sadly we will never get a chance to do that .

( I personally think that he and McCormack would score 50 + plus between them if they were the front 2 )

horse1031

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2014, 02:29:18 PM

he needs to get off the books.  if we can get 8 mill for him I would be happy.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He should be on the bench tomorrow.
Even not 100% he could be more penatrative than Rodellega/Dembele
If the scoreline is close 20/25 minutes to go, bringing him on
with Roberts could be interesting.
Hopefully he would really 'give it a go' as he knows he has something to
prove (not necessarily of his own making though)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

nose

and i feel sure after tomorrow the trend will continue.

ToodlesMcToot

Won't be making our bench until after the window closes IMO. If they get any reasonable offer, they'll be snatching the other party's arm off in order to ship him out. Why would they risk him being injured in a game? And why waste a bench spot on a player who shouldn't be here. All my opinion, of course.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jmh

Quote from: cmg on August 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM
Since his injury in Greece last season he has scored only 2 goals, both in an u21 game. In three PL games, three WC games and a bit of pre-season he has not really looked like any kind of threat. He has not, in truth, looked like any kind of footballer at all.
This isn't true.  He wasn't very good in the PL games last year, but he also wasn't fit.  He almost scored for Greece against Costa Rica and had a couple of other useful passes.  He also almost scored a nice volley against Rizespor, the only friendly in which he played.  Given matches, some of those shots will start to go in for him again.  It's not like he's entirely forgotten everything he knows about football in the past nine months.

greek_coyw

This is the letter i wrote to Kostas Mitroglou and i hope somehow he will get it (through the forum,twitter,fb etc)

Dear Kosta Mitroglou,
My name is Manos and I am a fan of yours since 2007 when you helped the Greek U19 team to almost become European champions. Your scoring skills and foremost your Passion led me to believe that you are one of the greatest ever Greek scorers. When you signed for my favorite Greek team, I believed in you through the good and the bad times. You are a warrior and you managed to establish yourself as the best Greek scorer! The strength, craziness and energy you give made me come to the stadium after years because you are a real football player and you give all that you have. In an early age you managed to make most Greeks accept and respect you for your skills, no matter the team they supported. You got a great offer and took a big chance to move to Fulham last year which even though it seemed as the right time to do, it proved to be an up-until-now disaster.
To be honest I do not understand how it is to be a professional football player and I cannot feel your problems. I do not know if Magath (dis)likes you, how it is to work under him, or to work for a club that had such a bad start after a relegation, when at the same time you have to make the best out of your football years. There are rumors and different possibilities until the transfer window closes, but if you finally do stay in Fulham, let me share with you my opinion.
What I know is that IF there is a player that could turn everything upside-down this is you. I know that you have the skills to do so and I am sure that you can be a God-sent gift to the team. Fulham fans seem great guys and they will support you 100%, especially when they will see you play more. I am definite that if you give your best self for a season, you can become part of a great club's history. This can be your chance to show your greatness and re-establish yourself as one of Europe's best strikers. Who knows, maybe next year you will go to a bigger club, but until then you are part of a great club that trusted to sign you and this is the time for the big come back! You did overcome a lot of obstacles in your way, you succeeded in Champions League, the National team, the Greek league and now you can overcome one more obstacle and be a top striker in Championship.
Pistolero, around January-February I will try to come and visit Craven Cottage and I hope to see you play, score and celebrate like you always do. Make sure by then that the whole London knows your name and you who truly are on the field
Prove them you are still the best

Respect and good luck from a big fan of yours

aaronmcguigan

Dear Kostas me oul chum,

Remember when you used to be a footballer?

Artful Dodger

Even I managed one (sort of) competitive game at the Cottage! England Unis v Fulham reserves, Dec 1991!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Greek

Was a bad signing that showed poor recruitment systems at Fulham.

He needed games, even if unfit - turns out you failed anyway, may have well taken a gamble playing him as much a possible.

You have devalued him to the stage where everyday that passes you lose more money and further damage him also.

On a side, Olympiakos will probably be his next destination.