Main Menu

Mitroglou to Olympiokas, did you know, letter to Mitro, merged

Started by supersimmo123, August 29, 2014, 08:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: Roberty on August 30, 2014, 05:49:45 AM
Quote from: premFlem on August 30, 2014, 04:26:52 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on August 30, 2014, 03:08:25 AM
I wouldn't criticise Mitro personally, but I think whomever decided to splash the cash on him at the most critical time in the club's history, made the biggest mistake in the club's history. All we needed to keep us up was a semi-competent, fit striker who could lead the line, hold the ball up and score a few goals.

What we got was an injured player unable to contribute. Not his fault (unless he was involved in some deception in this very strange transfer), but his inability to play probably cost us (no pun intended) our place in the PL.

:plus one:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and how wise we all become after the event

When he arrived he was the bee-knees and a Greek friend referred to him as a brute who scores for fun

The fact that it did not work out for him here is now clear but I can remember very little dissent when he signed

So I am sure our club had the best intentions but you have to accept that not everything works out and it is well to remember that the only person who never made a mistake, never did anything

There was euphoria on here when we signed him - he was going to save us, and it was a firm indication of Khan's commitment.

But we all know what happened - the bloke was injured when signed, and never recovered fitness.

Now he is fit but wants to leave/the club wants to sell him.

Yes, a right **** up, but who is to blame? Not Felix imo, anyway.

Pistolero

Quote from: Finnish Cottager on August 30, 2014, 08:20:39 AM

I really hope we get money back from Olympiakos.
Money back no but the fee that Fulham still owes to Olympiacos will be reduced a little bit plus you won't have to pay his wages for this year. Well the fee is already reduced after Kasami's transfer . By the way he is doing great so far playing as a box to box midfielder . I expect him to shine in the Champions League games and bring a huge offer soon.

If Mitroglou is fit and if he performs like last year in the CL then you will probably get your money back from another team in January. Olympiacos won't buy him back but he is still a hot name in the market and a good Champions League performance will give you the chance to sell him big.

As an Oly fan  to be honest i am not thrilled with his return. We are playing our first CL match against Atletico in 20 days and Mitroglou will be hardly ready for that game.

Baszab

He has never shown any inclination to play for FFC - whether fit or not - he never trained properly and would not in a million years have fitted in with the Kaiser's regime.

He was a panic buy made at the last minute on the deadline day of the transfer window when the directors couldn't find anyone else (Long/Jelatavic?)

He had been scouted by FFC for 2 years and the recommendation was "not suitable for English football"

Berserker

Greetings Pistolero. Glad Kassmi is doing well, I was very sad he left us
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Pistolero

Quote from: Berserker on August 30, 2014, 08:58:05 AM
Greetings Pistolero. Glad Kassmi is doing well, I was very sad he left us
Good morning.
I am surprised actually that you let him go so easily. Don't know what the problem was in which position did he usually play for you guys?
From what he's shown us so far he is a beast and with so much potential for improvement. Maybe Fulham's playing style didn't help him to show what he can do, he seems to be perfect for our team. Exactly what we were missing in midfield.

Berserker

None of us are sure why Kasami left. Unfortunately our club has got rid of a few players lately we wanted to keep
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nero

we painting ourselves into a corner with mitro, clubs know felix doesnt fancy him and are bidding low, the club want a high fee for what we paid for him but as hes hasnt played teams also dont want to pay a high fee as they dont know what they are getting. Fulham need to play him if they want the fee they want for him or play him as hes going to be here after the window shuts. I just dont understand why we arent playing these players

grandad

Olympiacos are understood to have made a new offer for the loan of Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou and according to reports in Greece, they are close to taking him back for a season. The Greek champions are offering almost one million euros for the loan and they will also pay the player's wages. Fulham are expected to approve the 26-year-old's return to Athens on Saturday.

Sounds good to me. If he stays fit & does well we will get a decent fee for him next year. Unless of course we have him back to actually play for us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

We have had a number of transfer disasters , but who would have thought anything would ever be worse for us than the Marlet transfer. You just don't know what is likely to happen next.

Martinsback

So we are rumoured to be buying a striker for £500,000 from Leeds who has spent almost his whole career in the lower leagues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(footballer,_born_1989)

and some on here are "delighted" that we are getting rid of a striker that played at the highest level, is a proven goal scorer and has not been given a chance with our club. This is excellent thinking in my book.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 30, 2014, 02:27:40 AM
Good riddance, waste of space!

I'd give him a game while uninjured before slagging him[/i]

I just don't get posters who critisize people like this.
Yes this is aimed at you Dannyboi (a song that was actually written by an Englishman)

Have you EVER seen him play live?
Do you honestly know the complete story ?
Was he responsible for being signed and negotiating his personal details and fee ?
Do you know who his agent is (before doing a Google)
Do you know his agents previous dealings ?
Did he ever say he didn't want to play for us ?

etc,,,,did

Come on DB give us/me your reason for saying "Good riddance"

He only played 3 short matches whilst unfit, all away, did you see any of them
He's a proven goalscorer at a very high level, and Wakey Wakey we're in the Championship, a division he could terrorize
Have you watched his you tube video, the geezer is a class act who can score from anywhere ?

Or, are you just jumping on the bandwagon and copying other posters thoughts.

I've never seen him play either, but give the geezer a chance.

This is a more annoyed but knowledgable Roger

"I don't like Guiness, but I've never tried it"........springs to mind
[/quote]

Calm down mate, dont take it so personally. Maybe he is good, no ive never seen him play other than what ever he was trying to do in a fulham shirt. I was at wba cardiff and stoke all away when he popped up and I can honestly say I didnt see much.

Not all his fault, who ever signed him was a muppet but he was deemed fit enough to go to the world cup. That tells me maybe just maybe he wasnt fully committed to fulham last season with a world cup coming up. He hasnt been fit in 8months, looked terrible in his 3pathetic appearances and never ever fit.

He could go on to be a superstar for all I care, he was a waste of space for us just like kvist cole and tunnicliffe were too. I say good riddance because no doubt he is on top wages and we are better off without a player who cant play.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

I saw him at both Anderlecht games last season and he was outstanding, by far the difference between the two teams. When I say saw, I mean in the stadiums
Every day is a Fulham day

blingo

did he take a medical at FFC if so what was the result? I think that RM and mac have a LOT to answer for if they knew for sure that he was crocked and don't tell me that Olympiacos are angels in this. Smells like envelopes to me.

f321ffc

I would love to know who was responsible for buying him seems a very strange deal to me, if he does go back to Olympiakos for 1m Euros as reported someone needs sacking.
I compare it to a car salesman buying in a car at say £11,000 having it on the forecourt for six months and then asking the original owner if they would like to buy it back for £1,000 I don't think that car salesman would have his job for very long.
I would really like to see him play a few games for us , he must have something going for him but I guess we will never see it, Shame. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Quote from: f321ffc on August 30, 2014, 11:56:14 AM
I would love to know who was responsible for buying him seems a very strange deal to me, if he does go back to Olympiakos for 1m Euros as reported someone needs sacking.
I compare it to a car salesman buying in a car at say £11,000 having it on the forecourt for six months and then asking the original owner if they would like to buy it back for £1,000 I don't think that car salesman would have his job for very long.
I would really like to see him play a few games for us , he must have something going for him but I guess we will never see it, Shame. 049:gif
the million is a loan fee not a perm transfer, they also pay all his salary if it goes through

f321ffc

:dead horse:
Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2014, 12:00:36 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 30, 2014, 11:56:14 AM
the million is a loan fee not a perm transfer, they also pay all his salary if it goes through

OK a loan move, Fulham pay £11m or so we are led to believe keep him six months and loan him back for 1m Euros and they pay his wages. Someone still needs sacking. :dead horse:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

we have only paid 6.4 million the rest was due after every 10 appearances, so its not to bad. he in my opinion would score a shed load in the championship

f321ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2014, 12:29:29 PM
we have only paid 6.4 million the rest was due after every 10 appearances, so its not to bad. he in my opinion would score a shed load in the championship
I think you are probably right there, I would love to see him get a run of games for us but it looks unlikely .
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Aaron

Quote from: Finnish Cottager on August 30, 2014, 08:20:39 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 30, 2014, 07:16:34 AM
At least he put in more minutes than Jari Litmanen.

For me this hurts. Jari is a great player, a legend. He would have been huge player at Fulham.

I really hope we get money back from Olympiakos.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I recall hearing Jari missed training on account of a "sore ear" once.

cmg

A million pound loan plus full wages? Sounds like such a good deal I, being a cynic, can hardly believe it could be true.

He looks, to me, like a once excellent player who is struggling to recover from the effects of a serious injury (this is quite separate from the issue of 'fitness' i.e having the stamina and physical capacity to run around for 90 minutes). Hopefully he will eventually do so.

Given that he could (it seems to me) be of no immediate help to us, a season back in Greece with financial benefit to us would seem ideal.
If he doesn't regain what he had before then we have at least got something out of it.
If he regains former glories, he is still our player. In that case I doubt that he would want to return to us (unless we were back in the PL as most of us expect...What's that? We don't? Oh, well.) but we would at least get a big fee.