watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Roy stays...

Started by Admin, June 22, 2010, 03:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Would he be able to replicate what he did in the Europa League into the F.A / Carling cup this season?

I don't care what anyone else say's but we could have met either Chelsea, United, Arsenal along the way in that run and brushed them aside just like we did with Juventus, Shakthar, Hamburg, Wolfsburg etc.

Something was deifferent with that Europa League run than our standard Premiership football. People say it was luck but I beg to differ. The club, the players, the supporters all formed a 'belief' a 'togetherness' a 'fellowship' throughout make us practically invinsible..

I honestly belive to this day that if that final was over two legs, we'd be sitting here now the proud owners of a Europa League trophy. Unfortuntaley, finals don't work out that way...

So..

People say Roy doesn't have anything else to achieve at Fulham? Again, I beg to differ. Not only is Roy establishing himself as a good English manager at a tradishional English football club, he is also put Fulham on the map in Europe, captured hearts of many and made Fulham NOT the team to be messed with in regards to cup competitions..

So..

Roy, you do have something else to prove. Win us or at least get us to the final of the F.A / Carling Cup and do your C.V a world of good rather than being sacked within 6 months at Liverpool. In Roy we trust..

WhiteJC

I believe that Roy started to build Fulham into a team, with young players coming through the ranks, 'back-room' staff and facilities that are 2nd to none, and who finish in the top 10 every year.

Roy wants to leave a legacy, Fulham is one of the few places that he'll have that chance.

The reason I believe this is because I heard him say it after the great escape, Roy said that the reason Arsenal and Utd have such strong youth programs is the fact they have 'long serving' managers who have the ability to influence every aspect of the football club.

White Noise

If Roy stays he will have to start by giving Tom the freedom of Craven Cottage!

I agree with admin though I think under Roy we kept have a Cup win in is never mind another final. The FA Cup means a tremendous amount to every English manager and it is not beyond our ability to win it at all. Last season will have taught this set of players an awful lot about themselves and what they can achieve as a team. Absolutely no reason to think we won't kick on from here.

FC Silver Fox

What Roy has in spades is the ability to instil self-belief in players and get them playing as a single unit. Even if the lads are 2 down, they will continue to battle and be absolutely convinced in their ability to get something out of the game. The number of times we saw that last season.  Its not only skilled footballers who win games, more often than not its the team that wants it the most.  Roy makes them want it.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Lighthouse

If he stays he will have to start building on an ageing side, a side with no away form and a side whose tactics sometimes verge on the dull. If he stays or goes I just wish the club knew and could build on buying players or improving contracts. Roy is great but not irreplaceable.

But Roy please stay or go but make it clear which.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bigalffc

Yeah! Fulham for the cup!! make next season another historic one.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum