watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

**Transfer Deadline Day 01/09/2014** : Merged

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 31, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Never understood why he regressed so much. Loan spell for a bit, with, I assume, Southampton picking up some of his finances may build up his confidence and we retain him as our asset...so may be the best outcome. In the meantime we've cover, albeit mostly young, in our squad

shnlwswlkr

I think he would be a good fit for Southampton. Can see him doing well there.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

grandad

More of a bench player for them or back up. Wish him well though.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Can't believe we haven't announced a signing yet ;)

In all seriousness though, Matt Smith if the links are true would not be a bad option, we certainly need to score more goals as 3 from 5 league games is a very poor return. also think we are crying out for an experienced central midfielder who can pass.

I do not expect it but would love to have a signing today where we all go wow didnt see that coming and its a great signing.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

admin can you move this to the post you created, didnt see it when i did mine, apologies

Northern Cottager

Why would we loan another experienced player out? What if Magath decides to play with wingers?! Who are we even left with?

We could do to use wingers and try keep McCormack central!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 01, 2014, 09:42:17 AM
Why would we loan another experienced player out? What if Magath decides to play with wingers?! Who are we even left with?

True enough. Even the Cardiff contingent next to us could not understand why the big 44 was out wide trying to get crosses in when the only place he has ever been any good is at the other end of aforementioned crosses. I suppose he opened up the midfield area for Parker to surge forward and that might work one day. Kaca was on the Cottage balcony signing autographs and doing the selfie thing whilst dangling over the edge when the other guests were doing the munchies at half time. Mid chocolate wafer Brian the Brain said "He's off then". I'll get six numbers off him at Reading..................

grandad

Get Matt Smith now. He was a great partner for McCormack. To be honest we do not really need any more players unless there is someone head & shoulders above who we already have. We have plenty of squad players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MasterHaynes

Quote from: res on September 01, 2014, 09:08:33 AM
 may build up his confidence and we retain him as our asset...
I think his contract only has no more than 18 months so if he does it will be for peanuts. good move for him.

westcliff white

must have more than that otherwise he would leave while the season was still in progress, it could end at the end of this season which i don't think it does.

I think he has at least this season and next with us

Toby Ward-Smith

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 01, 2014, 09:52:51 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 01, 2014, 09:42:17 AM

True enough. Even the Cardiff contingent next to us could not understand why the big 44 was out wide trying to get crosses in when the only place he has ever been any good is at the other end of aforementioned crosses. I suppose he opened up the midfield area for Parker to surge forward and that might work one day. Kaca was on the Cottage balcony signing autographs and doing the selfie thing whilst dangling over the edge when the other guests were doing the munchies at half time. Mid chocolate wafer Brian the Brain said "He's off then". I'll get six numbers off him at Reading..................

What about Hatem Ben Arfa he looked close to going to Birmingham so why don't we go in for him to play on the wing. He would be quite possibly a way to replace Dejagah and has brilliant skill, pace and has goals in him.

westcliff white

Apparently Ben Arfa doesn't want to or has refused to go to a championship club. Cheeky bid for a loan late on when he is desperate to play lol

Ordar

Given Ben Arfa has a well publicised work ethic issue and overall attitude problem, I think theres very little chance in us signing him

Pluto

Ben Arfa is extremely talented but a fat lazy lump. God knows why we're loaning out Kacaniklic. He could certainly do a job for us and has ample championship experience. If Southhampton, an upper premier league club, think he's good enough then he's good enough for us.

Southdowns White

Someone on one of the BBC transfer deadline day forums thinks Scott Parker could be off to QPR today.

filham

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 31, 2014, 09:58:02 PM
Quote from: filham on August 31, 2014, 09:47:15 PM
We have a lot of players in our squad,23 have already made championship appearances , surely we have to sell before we can buy. This must mean any signings must be late in the day and we risk missing the deadline especially if medicals are involved.

Oh why is it always left so late.

It's left late because one transfer move triggers another move, it's called the domino effect. Now Mitroglou has gone and off the wages bill we can now go for someone we have hopefully lined up to replace him etc, etc.

Oh dear ,the domino effect, let's hope we don't have a double blank in our hand.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Southdowns White on September 01, 2014, 11:09:08 AM
Someone on one of the BBC transfer deadline day forums thinks Scott Parker could be off to QPR today.

He still has 3 years remaining of a 4 year contract. I can only see this happening if we've got a younger, cheaper option lined up. If not, can't see it happening to be honest.

supersimmo123

Only real updates so far is Matt Smith and Mark Hudson looking likely.

The one I really want to happen is MuGugan, cracking CM who can run with the ball and has a good goalscoring record.

westcliff white

if the rumours are true that Parker told FM where to go after the derby game (when the manager called a meeting upon arrival back to the cottage where he ordered them in to train the next day) then it would not surprise me. However they are just rumours and nothing substantial to back it up that i have seen.

Apart from Matt Smith & Lewis McGugan are there any rumours at all about in coming players.

filham

Of course we need the ball playing midfielder with pace and the killer pass and a target man with strength in the air. We have been in need of these two for some time now, can't see them rushing to the Cottage at the moment.