watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England?

Started by blingo, September 03, 2014, 09:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

I enjoyed the performance against Cardiff more than the England v Norway match tonight. 049:gif

Berserker

I don't like to say this but i can see them changing  manager if things don't pick up.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Pie and mash

It's been pretty dire for a while. Half empty stadium, even the happy clappys can't get up for it any more

shnlwswlkr

I would of enjoyed watching paint dry more than I enjoyed watching England last night.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

ron

What amused me was Roy's statement about crowds remaining low for the upcoming home qualifiers because England's opponents fail to excite the public's imagination....

Come off it mate !!!! .....perhaps people just don't want to spend fifty quid or whatever on a evening of boredom from a home side...

dannyboi-ffc

Didnt see it because of work and by the sounds of it im glad. On talksport sports bar last night one of them was slating hodgson for being a useless dinosaur.

I hope woy turns it round but to be fair I think england are so over rated and over hyped. Most of the players are plain average, even the very good ones In this squad arent anything special. The likes of sterling gerrard rooney hart shaw wilshire would struggle to make the germany squad but they are our best players.

The expectancy is far too high, they won.didnt they?

And they are definitely gonna qualify in this micky mouse qualification process which means we have another tournament to look forward too.  What more do people want? To win it????? Im sorry but not even a magician could do that.trick, we are light years behind some countries.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

epsomraver

Get rid of Rooney, bad mistake to make him captain and play him, without him with Sterling moving inside it is a different team, much like us and Berbatov, however they won't because Rooney sells the shirts as he is the one England player most can name

epsomraver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 04, 2014, 09:40:15 AM
Yes Rooney is a liability and slows the tempo down, England looked far better without him. With Welbeck. Sturridge and Sterling all playing better together, Rooney seems to have the movement and body of a 40 year old, he is being selected on reputation only. Hodgson has to man up and face facts, and leave Rooney out, he was dire again last night. If a youngster had played like that on his debut, people would be saying he isn't good enough to be an Internatiomal player, but cause it's Rooney and he plays for Somebody called Manure he gets away with it. 
0001.jpeg

Slaphead in Qatar

gave up at half time. I love roy, but hes no england manager.

vagrant

Quote from: epsomraver on September 04, 2014, 09:45:17 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 04, 2014, 09:40:15 AM
Yes Rooney is a liability and slows the tempo down, England looked far better without him. With Welbeck. Sturridge and Sterling all playing better together, Rooney seems to have the movement and body of a 40 year old, he is being selected on reputation only. Hodgson has to man up and face facts, and leave Rooney out, he was dire again last night. If a youngster had played like that on his debut, people would be saying he isn't good enough to be an Internatiomal player, but cause it's Rooney and he plays for Somebody called Manure he gets away with it. 
0001.jpeg

0001.jpeg

grandad

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 04, 2014, 09:48:16 AM
gave up at half time. I love roy, but hes no england manager.

Roy has certainly gone backwards since he left us. Absolute dire performance. Mind you the players don´t really give a toss about playing for their national team. Get Patrick Roberts & the other top youth players involved. Players used to play for England for sheer pride. Not any more.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Pluto

If he gets sacked do you think he'd come back to us? Perfect man for the job right now in my opinion.

Woolly Mammoth

When Roy was Manager at Fulham I felt it was a good fit. He was good for Fulham, and Fulham were good for him, in fact the ideal club for him in some ways at the time.  I wonder what would have happened to Fulham if he had stayed and not gone to Liverpool when he did, maybe he would have still been offered the England job, but I just wonder where we would be now if he was still the Manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 04, 2014, 06:46:29 PM
When Roy was Manager at Fulham I felt it was a good fit. He was good for Fulham, and Fulham were good for him, in fact the ideal club for him in some ways at the time.  I wonder what would have happened to Fulham if he had stayed and not gone to Liverpool when he did, maybe he would have still been offered the England job, but I just wonder where we would be now if he was still the Manager.
we wouldn't see any of our youth. he didn't like players that expressed themselves, that's why he shipped jimmy out.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

With all the English talent available to him he can´t put out a decent team. He would do no better with our current squad as he would stifle the flair of our youngsters.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Hmmm yes that's a good observation, and a good point.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Neil D

Quote from: Pluto on September 04, 2014, 05:08:02 PM
If he gets sacked do you think he'd come back to us? Perfect man for the job right now in my opinion.
I know he's a good manager of average players (which is why he's so suited to England) but he went down in my estimation when he got angry because some journo commented on the risible two shots on target against Norway.  What about the ones that got blocked, he said? No manager with a grip on reality would have offered such a lame defence of such ineptitude.

hovewhite

England ,lost interest years ago.

Apprentice to the Maestro

There is some use of selective memory here.

Did we have any decent young players at the club that Roy could have brought into the team? If so, where are they now? He did bring in Smalling and we made a nice profit from that.

As for England, Roy is bringing through young players. The trouble is he is not helped by the situation in the PL. Roy has played Sterling since he can on the scene. Oxlade-Chamberlain isn't a regular for Arsenal. Welbeck has been sold by Man. Utd. after being replaced by expensive imports. He needs to find a partner for Cahill in central defence but Jones, Smalling and Jagjelka all look vulnerable. And where can you find a couple of English playmakers for midfield?

The trouble for any manager of England is that we don't have the quality of players to be really competitive with the top sides or to turn over more modest sides like Norway.

Having said that we should have done better than we did yesterday.

Roy is an experienced manager with a good record. The team is going through a major rebuild. He has got rid of all the old deadwood and is rebuilding with youth. The team needs more time to gel. The manager needs time.

Less negativity please. Be positive. :021:

Burt

I do feel sorry for Roy. Worst management job going, a real poisoned chalice... The press are starting to get on his back now. He was quite snappy/defensive during the post match conference. You could hear the media sharpening their knives...