H4usuallysitting

As a Manager Felix has had the following success rate (including Fulham):
48,4 % Wins
22,2 % Draw
29,5 % Losses

Just as a Manager of Fulham Prem & Champ:
Played    Won      Drawn     Losses       Win       Draw     Losses
18            4           4             10          22%      22%      56%

At Fulham it is almost the polar opposite of Mr Magath's general Managerial career to date

FPT

Lets also bare in mind that he took over a team of crap and had us have something that looked like a push for safety, and transformed the squad essentially 20 in and 20 out.

Whilst also trying to play some good, attractive football, I don't think anyone would have better statistics.

H4usuallysitting

That's what I've been saying....need more time....I've said many times, we shouldn't expect much until the Blackburn game

ToodlesMcToot

One of the biggest problems of this season is that Khan opened his mouth about immediate promotion with "finances be damned" and that sort of talk.

No matter the intent (people can speculate but no one knows), it set expectations waaaay too high for a team with so much turnover and for a manager that had to put it all back together.

Playoff places would have been a better target with middle of the table being more realistic.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: FPT on September 04, 2014, 12:48:21 PM
Lets also bare in mind that he took over a team of crap and had us have something that looked like a push for safety, and transformed the squad essentially 20 in and 20 out.

Whilst also trying to play some good, attractive football, I don't think anyone would have better statistics.

Agreed. Look at our last match and how we played, yeah it didn't last the full 90 minutes! But surely this shows it's starting to come together!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

FFC1987

I believe Rene inherited and improved said squad yet people easily judge him. Not sure why Magath should be handled any differently. It's been a shambles from day one. Not pointing at Felix totally, but he certainly hasn't steered the ship. 

H4usuallysitting

I've also got a vested interest (bet) with my brother that we end up top 10.......we have to stick with Felix, he's slowly turning the tanker around

FFC1987

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 04, 2014, 01:16:56 PM
I've also got a vested interest (bet) with my brother that we end up top 10.......we have to stick with Felix, he's slowly turning the tanker around

slowly turning the tanker.....the only facts im looking at is 1 point from 15. Shocking statistic for the club.

nose

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 04, 2014, 12:16:42 PM
As a Manager Felix has had the following success rate (including Fulham):
48,4 % Wins
22,2 % Draw
29,5 % Losses

Just as a Manager of Fulham Prem & Champ:
Played    Won      Drawn     Losses       Win       Draw     Losses
18            4           4             10          22%      22%      56%

At Fulham it is almost the polar opposite of Mr Magath's general Managerial career to date

Even though they are bound to be interesting,
18 games is far too few to consider these types of stats to be even remotely significant.

And even if it were 100games in charge i have to say i am not a fan of such stats as they do not take account of circumstances. In the end the judgement is did the manager get the best from his squad, and second was he responsible for the squad.

westcliff white

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 04, 2014, 01:13:23 PM
Quote from: FPT on September 04, 2014, 12:48:21 PM

Agreed. Look at our last match and how we played, yeah it didn't last the full 90 minutes! But surely this shows it's starting to come together!
I am not his biggest fan I will admit that, but at the end of the day he has reduced the age of the squad, with better quality that is yet to be shown.

It is a results game and at present he isn't getting them, yes we played a good half against Cardiff, the second half was a little better than average and we allowed Cardiff back in the game. Considering FM is all about fitness (that's what I read on here and in the papers, I don't know personally as I am not at the sessions) then it is surprising to see us drop away in  later on in games. We can make more passes, have a better completion rate of the passes, more possession and more chances, however the only stat that counts is the one at the end of 90 minutes and we quite simply are not getting those.

Hopefully he will turn it around the next few fixtures are tough, Reading (perennial play off team), Forest (perennial play off team and one of the favorites to go up, plus had a great start), Blackburn (always tough to beat), 4 points form those games would be good but would it be enough? who knows. My fear is that the team will get sucked into the same mind set as last seasons squad and the longer we go with out results it will be harder to get up the table (obviously), and then if a manager change comes along the harder it is again to get a new style implemented and a new mindset. SO much so we could end up in a cycle many other teams have found themselves in (maybe Forest after relegation from the prem)
Every day is a Fulham day

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 04, 2014, 01:14:42 PM
I believe Rene inherited and improved said squad yet people easily judge him. Not sure why Magath should be handled any differently. It's been a shambles from day one. Not pointing at Felix totally, but he certainly hasn't steered the ship. 

You got to get it under control before you can steer it and I believe he is doing that.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Rupert

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 04, 2014, 01:23:54 PM

You got to get it under control before you can steer it and I believe he is doing that.

Similar to Ian Branfoot all those years ago, very unpopular at the time, only after Mickey Adams had taken over did the benefits of his time in charge become apparant to us. I wonder if Felix will get the chance to show his true mettle (assuming we are not seeing it at present, of course).
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

TrexFFC

No I don't believe at all. The experimentation is stupid.  Anyone with any trace of a football brain knows Burn should have started long ago and Fotheringham should have never taken the field. We'll be lucky to stay up. I don't care what his CV says.  It's misleading by the way.  His last reign at Schalke also had questionable squad selections and tactical shortcomings. Then he took a Wolfsburg team who had quite a bit of talent and just got a mid-table finish.  So why is he so great again? Oh yeah for stuff he did years ago avoiding relegation and winning championships with Bayern. I'm inclined to believe that has to do more with the talent of the team and the competition surrounding them than his difference making as a manager.

nose

Quote from: Rupert on September 04, 2014, 01:35:35 PM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 04, 2014, 01:23:54 PM

Similar to Ian Branfoot all those years ago, very unpopular at the time, only after Mickey Adams had taken over did the benefits of his time in charge become apparant to us. I wonder if Felix will get the chance to show his true mettle (assuming we are not seeing it at present, of course).

sorry but I am not sure what you are saying. Is that mickey adams was lucky to follow branfoot who was misuderstood? or are you saying branfoot was an idiot and anybody would have been good after him?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: TrexFFC on September 04, 2014, 01:45:28 PM
No I don't believe at all. The experimentation is stupid.  Anyone with any trace of a football brain knows Burn should have started long ago and Fotheringham should have never taken the field. We'll be lucky to stay up. I don't care what his CV says.  It's misleading by the way.  His last reign at Schalke also had questionable squad selections and tactical shortcomings. Then he took a Wolfsburg team who had quite a bit of talent and just got a mid-table finish.  So why is he so great again? Oh yeah for stuff he did years ago avoiding relegation and winning championships with Bayern. I'm inclined to believe that has to do more with the talent of the team and the competition surrounding them than his difference making as a manager.

True. But, anyone who isn't in the locker room with the team and the coaching staff is a person who doesn't understand plenty that is going on that isn't being stated in public. You're eliminating plenty of possibilities by continuing with the "Magath is a loon" or "Magath doesn't know anything" mantra.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Rupert

Quote from: nose on September 04, 2014, 02:03:53 PM

sorry but I am not sure what you are saying. Is that mickey adams was lucky to follow branfoot who was misuderstood? or are you saying branfoot was an idiot and anybody would have been good after him?

Mickey was lucky to follow Branfoot, who had restored some much needed discipline to the club after the Dicks/Mackay era shambles. He was also good enough to make use of the players available, which Branfoot had struggled to do. Luckily both Hill and Muddyman realised this and persuaded Branfoot to step upstairs as general manager, letting Mickey start us on the road to promotion.
There are certain similarities to the current situation, but I would like to see if Felix can succeed rather than yet another man come in and take over.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

jmh

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 04, 2014, 01:10:49 PM
One of the biggest problems of this season is that Khan opened his mouth about immediate promotion with "finances be damned" and that sort of talk.
I feel like this is probably overblown.  Didn't he say something along these lines (though not, as I recall, anything so reckless as "finances be damned") like one time and then everyone else repeated it over and over?

premFlem

No I don't believe at all. The experimentation is stupid.  Anyone with any trace of a football brain knows Burn should have started long ago and Fotheringham should have never taken the field. We'll be lucky to stay up. I don't care what his CV says.  It's misleading by the way.  His last reign at Schalke also had questionable squad selections and tactical shortcomings. Then he took a Wolfsburg team who had quite a bit of talent and just got a mid-table finish.  So why is he so great again? Oh yeah for stuff he did years ago avoiding relegation and winning championships with Bayern. I'm inclined to believe that has to do more with the talent of the team and the competition surrounding them than his difference making as a manager.
Taking wolfsburg from mid table to champions... a piece of cake , stuttgart and schalke to runners up positions...pieces of cake,  and bayern champions twice and cup twice . Some people read the negative bs on the internet and believe every word and it clouds their judgement.
I know I'm beginning to sound like a magath fan boy but I'm not I just believe in giving a decent manager a decent chance.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: premFlem on September 04, 2014, 05:46:17 PM
No I don't believe at all. The experimentation is stupid.  Anyone with any trace of a football brain knows Burn should have started long ago and Fotheringham should have never taken the field. We'll be lucky to stay up. I don't care what his CV says.  It's misleading by the way.  His last reign at Schalke also had questionable squad selections and tactical shortcomings. Then he took a Wolfsburg team who had quite a bit of talent and just got a mid-table finish.  So why is he so great again? Oh yeah for stuff he did years ago avoiding relegation and winning championships with Bayern. I'm inclined to believe that has to do more with the talent of the team and the competition surrounding them than his difference making as a manager.
Taking wolfsburg from mid table to champions... a piece of cake , stuttgart and schalke to runners up positions...pieces of cake,  and bayern champions twice and cup twice . Some people read the negative bs on the internet and believe every word and it clouds their judgement.
I know I'm beginning to sound like a magath fan boy but I'm not I just believe in giving a decent manager a decent chance.
Just to muddy the waters a little bit about the Magath 'Legacy'.  If he is such a fantastic Manager, why was he out of work for over 18 months??  Who are you trying to convince?  If he is such a legend than why did no-one rush in to make him their Manager? Especially in Germany, where he had all of his success?  Could it be that people realised he was trying to still use 20th Century methods in the 21st Century? Time moves on and if Managers don't they stagnate and so do the teams stuck with them.  Just throwing that out there.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"