watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack move to Fulham article

Started by Lighthouse, September 05, 2014, 11:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Black, White and Fred

Nice find.

I am little bit split though, he doesn't sound too happy that he ended up at Fulham. It's nice to see how loyal he was to his old club but the line about it was either Fulham or nowhere got my goat a bit. I am sure he will speak as highly about Fulham in the future.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

leonffc

More worrying is that in an apparent open honest interview there is no denial over the price paid. It really does sound like we paid £11m for him!!
He hasn't played the price down saying that it is made up of add one etc, he said Leeds got their price.
Jesus!!

Lighthouse

To be fair he wouldn't really know about the details of the fee other than what he heard. So it could still be made up of odds and sods.

He certainly doesn't sound as if he has great love for Fulham but then why would he? Once he starts banging them in I am sure his acceptance will turn to love for the club. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

I'm slightly disappointed by the interview if I'm honest. Obviously it's focused on the actual transfer, but it feels like he's trying to build bridges with the Leeds supporters; no mention of how he's settled in at Fulham and I think the closest he's been to saying something really positive about being here is "it's nice that a club is willing to pay so much to get you."

Of course, he's only been here for what, 2 months? Plus he arrived unfit, and he's yet to really hit the ground running, but it would have been nice to read something about Fulham; for example, training, or how the squad can turn it around. The only place he's praised the youngsters has been on the Fulham site.

Although, a good read for what it is focused on, I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of FFC content.

dannyboi-ffc

Bit disappointed by those comments. Basically he could of gone to better clubs than fulham but only fulham were stupid enough to pay so much? Cheers ross, you know how to make a club feel special.

Pointless interview really unless the world actually cared about why he left.

Little tip ross, we paid 11million for you to score goals. Not to tell the media fulham was my only option and that you never wanted to leave the great leeds utd.

Not one mention of how nice fulham is or that hes happy, im not surprised as it seems a very unhappy camp with felix but he could of at least tried to be grateful that fulham signed him.

disappointed
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 06, 2014, 12:02:32 PM
To be fair he wouldn't really know about the details of the fee other than what he heard. So it could still be made up of odds and sods

If he received 10% of the fee (assuming that still happens?) I'm sure he, or at least his agent could work it out

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: leonffc on September 08, 2014, 07:08:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 06, 2014, 12:02:32 PM
To be fair he wouldn't really know about the details of the fee other than what he heard. So it could still be made up of odds and sods

If he received 10% of the fee (assuming that still happens?) I'm sure he, or at least his agent could work it out

Of course he knows. His agent will know every inch of that transfer
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

RaySmith

The interview will have been edited to make it interesting to the general reader - which means highlighting the conflicts McC had.

But I don't see a problem with it - he was Leeds favourite, but was forced out it seems, and could maybe have gone to a Prem club, but we came up with the money Leeds asked.

He wants to do well wherever he plays I'm sure - to be a success, and carry on scoring goals, with a successful club, which he hopes he can help Fulham to be.

Canary White

Quote from: RaySmith on September 08, 2014, 09:12:08 PM
The interview will have been edited to make it interesting to the general reader - which means highlighting the conflicts McC had.

But I don't see a problem with it - he was Leeds favourite, but was forced out it seems, and could maybe have gone to a Prem club, but we came up with the money Leeds asked.

He wants to do well wherever he plays I'm sure - to be a success, and carry on scoring goals, with a successful club, which he hopes he can help Fulham to be.

Plus 1