more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Anger

Started by The Rock, September 16, 2014, 09:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Harold Shand on September 17, 2014, 12:30:15 PM
Some of you lot need to get a grip on reality.

We've been through a thousand times worse than this.

I am not sure what this is supposed to mean? We have been on the verge of going out of business so why bother to complain now? We all die so don't complain about an illness that could have be cured? Like you I have lived through those days. It is far worse now to come from a position of strength and be heading back to the bad old days. Still if you are content with the present reality then fine. However because we have nearly died as a club doesn't negate complaining about being poisoned now
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChrisB22

I have been a supporter since my dear Uncle took me to Craven Cottage when I was 11 I am now 58 ! It's not just feeling bad about our situation it's the length of time that we have been feeling bad about our situation. It just drains you !

Harold Shand

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 17, 2014, 01:00:26 PM

I am not sure what this is supposed to mean? We have been on the verge of going out of business so why bother to complain now? We all die so don't complain about an illness that could have be cured? Like you I have lived through those days. It is far worse now to come from a position of strength and be heading back to the bad old days. Still if you are content with the present reality then fine. However because we have nearly died as a club doesn't negate complaining about being poisoned now

I'm not questioning peoples right to complain, it's people talking as if it's the onset of Armageddon. When it bears no comparison to our troubles of the 80's & 90's.

Even if we go down again, It's only the same as what happened the last time we got relegated from the top tier.

As long as there is a club called Fulham playing in black & white at Craven cottage that is really the main thing to me.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Harold Shand on September 17, 2014, 01:55:40 PM

I'm not questioning peoples right to complain, it's people talking as if it's the onset of Armageddon. When it bears no comparison to our troubles of the 80's & 90's.

Even if we go down again, It's only the same as what happened the last time we got relegated from the top tier.

As long as there is a club called Fulham playing in black & white at Craven cottage that is really the main thing to me.

Well fair enough but I couldn't disagree more. As long as Fulham are playing at Craven Cottage in the lower divisions you are content. I just don't share that opinion hence the frustration. Having climbed out of the troubles of the 80's and 90's, finding ourselves back there having had the experience of beating big clubs and a European final. I kind of fear the return of watching a small team in a small division again because of mismanagement at several levels. However I do envy that feeling of it being less painful because we have done it all before.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Harold Shand

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 17, 2014, 03:08:11 PM
Quote from: Harold Shand on September 17, 2014, 01:55:40 PM

Well fair enough but I couldn't disagree more. As long as Fulham are playing at Craven Cottage in the lower divisions you are content. I just don't share that opinion hence the frustration. Having climbed out of the troubles of the 80's and 90's, finding ourselves back there having had the experience of beating big clubs and a European final. I kind of fear the return of watching a small team in a small division again because of mismanagement at several levels. However I do envy that feeling of it being less painful because we have done it all before.

I didn't say I was content, I said it was the main thing for me.

Baszab

we can, at the very least, demand and expect the club to do something instead of watching slide down the toilet

In the Enclosure

Billy the Badger was with us the season we got to the Europa Final - In fact I had lunch with him pre match in Hamburg so don't blame him.

Someone said that 3-0 away  win against Swansea lulled the Board into a false sense of security and we started to believe we were better than we were.

Really went downhill when Roy left and we replaced him with aspirational managers Hughes and Jol.