A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moronic music

Started by 2013, September 20, 2014, 06:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So Hangeland returns to the Hammy End - amazing - and is welcomed. It's Kit's first game as manager and he leads out his tea. Brian Ruiz starts his first game. All reasons for cheering pre kick off, but crowd drowned out by loud music - incessant London's Calling - right up to the kick off. STOP IT once the teams are lined up and allow the fans to cheer the team - Bede, Brian, Kit and the others ... 096.gig

alfie

Quote from: 2013 on September 20, 2014, 06:00:43 PM

So Hangeland returns to the Hammy End - amazing - and is welcomed. It's Kit's first game as manager and he leads out his tea. Brian Ruiz starts his first game. All reasons for cheering pre kick off, but crowd drowned out by loud music - incessant London's Calling - right up to the kick off. STOP IT once the teams are lined up and allow the fans to cheer the team - Bede, Brian, Kit and the others ... 096.gig

London calling does not get played until they come out 2nd half, I think most people then were a little bit stunned/bored or at least I was.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

I'm on Paddington station with a headache now, probably cider and crappy football though not music as I'm deaf
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham76

Quote from: alfie on September 20, 2014, 06:02:28 PM

London calling does not get played until they come out 2nd half, I think most people then were a little bit stunned/bored or at least I was.

Either way, it's a crap song & hardly pumps the atmosphere

crazycottager

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 20, 2014, 06:13:32 PM

Crap song? I disagree ?Atmosphere... Erm...

Mokes

That clash song is such a bore at football matches and does nothing to amp the crowd up. I have heard it at Emirates, White Hart Lane, Upton Park and i'm pretty sure Stamford bridge too. It's got no attachment to anything fulham other than the fact it has the word London in it. It is a lame gimmick (not a bad song though). If the fans are singing let them sing.

The only song worth hearing over the PA at the cottage is 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' at the end of the match. Sadly they have probably lost the cassette

crazycottager

see, i'd like to hear them play something a little more hyped-up, you know? just get the crowd going. happens all the time in hockey back in canda, loud music that get's the fans rocking, but not loud enough to drown out the fans

Bedford White

Quote from: Mokes on September 20, 2014, 08:36:43 PM
That clash song is such a bore at football matches and does nothing to amp the crowd up. I have heard it at Emirates, White Hart Lane, Upton Park and i'm pretty sure Stamford bridge too. It's got no attachment to anything fulham other than the fact it has the word London in it. It is a lame gimmick (not a bad song though). If the fans are singing let them sing.

The only song worth hearing over the PA at the cottage is 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' at the end of the match. Sadly they have probably lost the cassette

"London is drowning and I live by the river" it's The Clash! It a classic but it's hardly contemporary. Is it time for a new song? Maybe Hot Chocolate's You Win Again?   :drums: :Get Coat gif:

SouthIslandWhite

Cottage Talk uses it as their theme song and being that the primary point of the online show is to listen to "Fulham SMEs" (subject matter experts) phone in from the UK and discuss all things Fulham with its Massachusetts based moderator, the song makes some sense, I suppose for the show.  But remember the song is about social unrest in the UK and general nastiness.  Joe Strummer's 1979 lyrics talk about the problems of rising unemployment, racial conflict and drug use which continue to be a problem today.  Sure its catchy, and I suppose it did hit the Top 20 in 1980. But is social strife, drug use and violence a theme of FFC?  I think not.  Sorry Cottage Talk (if that sounded like a blast), love your show, but your choice of this theme music and Fulham using it as its "Second Half Anthem" is wrong and do not properly represent what the club stands for.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

the nutflush

I think most people with any musical taste would disagree with that statement.  Probably more that the song has been done to death but Joe Strummer deserves better. 

Wimbledon_White

Well we used to come out at half time to a LostProphets song...so perhaps we're just best off sticking with what we've got.

cookieg

Have they not played this song for the last couple of years? I'm sure if we were winning every game no one would give a toss what music was played or is this the next thing to beat the club with now that Felix has gone.

Putney

The atmosphere at the cottage is dreadful but listening to the Clash is a good thing. Stop complaining.

Flipper

You think you have it bad now - we used to have to put up with this........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1ex78QeQI

The Swan

Mokes.
            The song Cant' Take my Eyes off You used to be played at the end of the game especially if we had won the match.
          It is now played before the game starts. Since they play it before the game Fulham have not won a game.
        They should revert to playing it when the game has finished. We might start winning again.
The Swan

Buffalo76

:plus one:

That's it and that's all.

Dixie

What about using the music from the Gladiator film?
Then at the end Scott Parker can look up at the Hammy End and shout 'Are you not entertained!'
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Chesh

Quote from: Mokes on September 20, 2014, 08:36:43 PM
It's got no attachment to anything fulham other than the fact it has the word London in it.
I'd say the 'live by the river' bit gives it a lot more relevance to us than most other London clubs - plus I like it.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Burt

Quote from: Dixie on September 22, 2014, 01:49:52 PM
Then at the end Scott Parker can look up at the Hammy End and shout 'Are you not entertained!'

What if the answer was "no!"?
:dft011:

Berserker

Quote from: Dixie on September 22, 2014, 01:49:52 PM
Would he be wearing the same gear as Maximus
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.