watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referees are out of control!

Started by Nick Bateman, September 21, 2014, 06:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

As the rotten refereeing Fulham receive continues unabated, the top division carries on with inexplicable decisions which clearly influence results.

I'm no friend of Manchester United but it is clear since Sir Alex left and David Gill (Utd director) vacated the FA, they are now getting the reffing they were dishing out to others.  The shocking penalty call by Mark Clatternburg turned the match they had effectively won, and the now hostile to Utd media will help bury the controversy.

This is the same Clatternburg who last time out helped Arsenal draw with Man.City, which Pellegrini complained about.  It did not save him today with Chelsea, as usual, getting help from the official, but thankfully some sort of justice was done in the draw.

Back to Fulham, Hutchinson's challenge was because he was fouled and the ball went away from him.  Blackbum look as though they have copied Chelsea, in several of them surrounding the ref to get the Fulham man sent off, as Chelsea did today at every occasion.

The victim of Hutchinson's boot rolled around theatrically and he has made a full recovery, as expected, after leaving the pitch.

I hope the next league game Fulham finish with 11 players and have not had a penalty given against us, because so far the Championship refereeing has been a disgrace to every fair-minded person.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

jarv

After watching some world cup games, I have drawn the conclusion that british refs are very poor. many games in the wc had some serious tackles going in (like it used to be) and the refs let it go....fair tackle!
Now we are back to the football season and what do we see on a regular basis...inconsistency, unfair advantages given, wrong calls. Too many refs do not call the first foul (as described on Hutchinson) but then call the second, retaliation foul. Usually committed in frustration.

The card system needs to be amended. Example in the city game. Zavaletta, foul, but soft one...yellow card. Second Foul, definite yellow and he is off, unfairly because the first was never a yellow.

The thing is, none of the problems are hard to fix.

Jonaldiniho 88

I have heard that Hutchinson's foul was a red. No arguments from gentlemen Jim. Just coz a player is fouled you can't excuse him a horrendous foul. Refereeing hasn't gone our way this season but play to the whistle and don't take matters into you own hands. I was taught that at ten. How can professionals make such school girls errors?

Riverside

Can we not stoop to blaming the referee for Hutchinson's sending off . Looked a straight red in real time from the back of Hammersmith end .

I agree though about other play acting and his failure to let Hutchinson back on the pitch when he went off for repairs earlier .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grandad

The refs still have not stamped out the cheating, theatrical dives, shirt pulling, feigning injury, tackled players waving imaginary cards. The overalol standard is very poor.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jamie88

Jeez, you write some crap Nick. So you're basically saying Hutchinson nearly broke a guys leg because he was supposedly fouled in the build up to it?

It was a horrific challenge and no matter how bad a match the ref had he certainly called that right

Andy S

Totally agree. I thought the ref had a reasonable game on Saturday

Nick Bateman

I watched it again today and it was not as 'horrific' as some have claimed.  Hutchinson was pulled from behind and possibly clipped to lose control of the ball, so there were mitigating circumstances which the rubbish ref failed to take into account.

Durso had earlier not allowed Hutch to return to the field waiting instead for a stop in play.  Does he not know the rules, forgot them, or hates Fulham that much he tried to keep us down to 10-men as long as possible??  Later he couldn't wait to reduce our numerical parity while a MOB of Blackbum surrounded him baying for a red, just as Chelsea did several times today!

Football is the only sport where open cheating is encouraged, and yes, the World Cup was better controlled than how the English officials seem to think is right. 

It's about time some Fulham fans wake up to the depth these officials have now sunk to.

Burt

I have no quibble with the red card... It was a stupid, reckless challenge regardless of whether the "victim" seemed to make a meal of it or not.

GrahamG

You are talking like a complete idiot Bateman. Hutchinson's tackle was dreadful and, apart from the danger to the Blackburn player, it cost us the match. The referee was fine - the only issue I had with him was the different way he treated our player versus Blackburn's in allowing them back on the pitch after injury. I think our players didn't show good discipline and haven't all season, which I guess is what happens when a team is struggling so badly. If we continue to think (wrongly) that we are being treated unfairly it will only deflect us from the truth that we have not been good enough. I thought that Amorborieta was incredibly lucky to survive 90 minutes yesterday and I'd be quite happy to never see him again in a Fulham shirt.

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Baszab

I think Hutchinson was still suffering from a bad cut to his head which had blood pouring out of it - there is no logical reason for such a poor tackle in an advanced area of the pitch in the first half of Kit's first game - utterly reckless and stupid

westcliff white

seen it on tv and its a red all day long, we cant ut every defeat down to refereeing decisions
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Quote from: Andy S on September 21, 2014, 07:43:45 PM
Totally agree. I thought the ref had a reasonable game on Saturday

Got a spec savers near you? D'urso was awful, he gave them so much, got the red right but the pulling back, the elbows and he fell for all the play acting they clearly had practiced  Northerners tough? but of woosers

Nick Bateman

If you recall the reaction from Hutchinson - he did not want to leave the field.  He did not make any apology to the player rolling around holding his leg while the baying Blackbum mob surrounded the useless Durso demanding a red, just as Chelsea practise and do every chance they can.  Hutchinson knew the opponent was 'acting' to get him sent off, and on television they confirmed the man had got out of the way.  Common sense would have been a yellow card, in my view, because that he had lost control for a brief moment.

Hutch was fouled first which caused him to lose control - why was this not taken into account?  Why was he kept off the field of play earlier and not allowed back on until the play had stopped??  If you are saying Durso is honest then he does not know, or forgot what the rules are about players returning to the field of play.  I would say he is part of a gang of bad refs who will try their darnest to foil Fulham .  

And you are incorrect about it costing us the game - Dan Burn gave the ball away sloppily for a goal Blackbum didn't look like they would score.  After that Fulham were ALL OVER Blackbum and I was really proud of the way our team reacted, 10-men, 0-1 down and a hostile referee!  It was a pity our caretaker boss didn't send them out like that in the first place.

But so far this season the refereeing Fulham have received has been worse than anytime in the Premier League.  I only hope our "luck" changes in the future although I highly doubt it.

epsomraver

Quote from: GrahamG on September 21, 2014, 09:09:37 PM
You are talking like a complete idiot Bateman. Hutchinson's tackle was dreadful and, apart from the danger to the Blackburn player, it cost us the match. The referee was fine - the only issue I had with him was the different way he treated our player versus Blackburn's in allowing them back on the pitch after injury. I think our players didn't show good discipline and haven't all season, which I guess is what happens when a team is struggling so badly. If we continue to think (wrongly) that we are being treated unfairly it will only deflect us from the truth that we have not been good enough. I thought that Amorborieta was incredibly lucky to survive 90 minutes yesterday and I'd be quite happy to never see him again in a Fulham shirt.

Kit says we need a bit of grit and not be bullied off the ball, This is a very physical league and you want a player who gave as good as he got not ever to play for us, good old softie Fulham relegated but we did play fair and did not do any rough things that the others did fp.gif fp.gif

bucksfulham

I thought Durso was poor overall but from my view at the game and again on TV he got the red card right. I do think, however, that we are not had even treatment in any game this season.

GrahamG

More rubbish Bateman! Hutchinson certainly seemed to be apologizing to everybody as he left the pitch. Also, I heard Kit say that he had no issue with the red card.  The Blackburn player DID NOT cheat to get our man sent off.  You are just a fool. Nothing new there then.

Nick Bateman

Exactly.  We give the Northerners some wellie back and they 'bitch' to the referee and roll around ACTING!

Hutchinson must feel he is cursed, after the previous week DEADMAN awarding probably the worst penalty decision EVER for a great tackle, which was also outside the penalty box. 

GrahamG

Epsomraver - I don't want him to play because he is no good!