Is Smith back for Birmingham?

Started by Jimpav, September 23, 2014, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2014, 10:27:45 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2014, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2014, 10:10:34 AM
Quote from: cmg on September 24, 2014, 10:06:54 AM

It's quite an interesting little one that nobdy I've asked seems to know for sure.

One would think that the FA's website should be definitive.

The regs say 3 of the Club's competitive matches, without mentioning the player's eligibilty for these games.
That is how i understand it, its 3 of the clubs games irrespective of if a player is available or not. Imagine if the player was injured, would the 3 game ban not start until he was fit? or if he got injured in training during a ban is it then suspended?
you can still play a game injured though.
not if you have a hamstring issue or such, my point is the rules stae it to mean games that the club has and not games the player is available for
yes but an injured player is still legible to play, its just they dont, a cup tied player isnt
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

shnlwswlkr

Do we even want him to play? I like the line up how it is.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2014, 10:50:22 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2014, 10:27:45 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2014, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2014, 10:10:34 AM
Quote from: cmg on September 24, 2014, 10:06:54 AM

It's quite an interesting little one that nobdy I've asked seems to know for sure.

One would think that the FA's website should be definitive.

The regs say 3 of the Club's competitive matches, without mentioning the player's eligibilty for these games.
That is how i understand it, its 3 of the clubs games irrespective of if a player is available or not. Imagine if the player was injured, would the 3 game ban not start until he was fit? or if he got injured in training during a ban is it then suspended?
you can still play a game injured though.
not if you have a hamstring issue or such, my point is the rules stae it to mean games that the club has and not games the player is available for
yes but an injured player is still legible to play, its just they dont, a cup tied player isnt
under the rule as written it is irrelevant as its on the clubs games, some people in the past have asked for this to be changed including if a player is injured, stating a ban should only apply to games the a he is illegible for and b is available for selection (as in being fit). so from that perspective and according to the FA site he is now available. if we want to pick him. from Kits perspective it is good news as he has as many fit players as possible to choose form. Personally i think we should be playing Woodrow and Ross up front, with Dembele and Hugo and Smith as their back ups.
Every day is a Fulham day

Deanothefulhamfan

I for one do not want him to start. He should never have been bought in the first place, If FM wanted a big target man, we should have turned to Trotta who is a good target man, but also very capable of playing the ball on the floor.

In an ideal world Woodrow would be ahead of Rodallega and Smith.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 24, 2014, 12:12:29 PM
I for one do not want him to start. He should never have been bought in the first place, If FM wanted a big target man, we should have turned to Trotta who is a good target man, but also very capable of playing the ball on the floor.

In an ideal world Woodrow would be ahead of Rodallega and Smith.

I'm guessing we'll know good and well how the club views Marcelo by how Kit treats him in his time as caretaker/manager.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

grimmynz

"a ban should only apply to games the a he is illegible for "

I guess that means you can't see his name on the team sheet ?

hovewhite

As it stands he should be available for sat v brum.

J.Perkins

A straight red is a 3 match ban. This ban is only for games he is eligible for. As he wasn't eligible for Doncaster due to being cup-tied, he should have 1 more game of his ban left.

HatterDon

Quote from: Holders on September 24, 2014, 07:33:33 AM
We need to check it out carefully before playing him and not rely on what's on a website!

you mean in fantasy football? Cause, you know, WE don't play him otherwise.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cmg

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 24, 2014, 09:33:24 PM
A straight red is a 3 match ban. This ban is only for games he is eligible for. As he wasn't eligible for Doncaster due to being cup-tied, he should have 1 more game of his ban left.

Thank you for clarifying that in such a dogmatic fashion.

Will you tell the FA they are wrong, or shall we take a chance that they don't notice?
He no longer appears on their current suspension list.

domprague

David Beckham intentionally committed a yellow-card foul against Wales in a World Cup qualifier played in October 2004. He later explained he'd sustained a rib injury which he knew would sideline him for the next match, so wanted to get his second caution of the qualifiers to allow him to serve the one-match ban while hurt and then be all square afterwards.
It didn't matter that he was unfit to play so clearly injuries don't count.
I think the club does need to check about Smith. It doesn't matter if the FA has made a mistake, if we play Smith and he later turns out to be ineligible - even if we picked him in good faith - we'll lose the points.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

westcliff white

that actually may not be the case anymore, Sunderland played an ineligible player last season and got a warning.
Every day is a Fulham day

cmg

Quote from: domprague on September 25, 2014, 10:43:50 AM
David Beckham intentionally committed a yellow-card foul against Wales in a World Cup qualifier played in October 2004. He later explained he'd sustained a rib injury which he knew would sideline him for the next match, so wanted to get his second caution of the qualifiers to allow him to serve the one-match ban while hurt and then be all square afterwards.
I think the club does need to check about Smith. It doesn't matter if the FA has made a mistake, if we play Smith and he later turns out to be ineligible - even if we picked him in good faith - we'll lose the points.

Points? Sorry, not familiar to me. Please explain.

FFC1987

Quote from: domprague on September 25, 2014, 10:43:50 AM

I know some parts of the club have been ran dreadfully but I'm sure they're on top of eligible players!!!!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on September 25, 2014, 10:45:07 AM
that actually may not be the case anymore, Sunderland played an ineligible player last season and got a warning.

Apparently the premier league has different rules to the football league. Had they done that in the championship they probably would've been deducted points. I personally think its dodgy and maybe we should just not play him saturday.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

domprague

Exactly.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/03/gus-poyet-sunderland-points-ji-dong-won-ineligible

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 25, 2014, 02:50:20 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 25, 2014, 10:45:07 AM

Apparently the premier league has different rules to the football league. Had they done that in the championship they probably would've been deducted points. I personally think its dodgy and maybe we should just not play him saturday.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

The Enclosurite

I think the big question is: Do we trust the administration at the club to get this right?  On their recent showings I would say no and to err on the side of caution would probably be the best move.
¡COYW!

sunburywhite

Just ring the bloody FA and get an answer in writing. Then if it is wrong it is down to them
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HatterDon

these last couple of posts are kind of hilarious
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel