https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Smith back for Birmingham?

Started by Jimpav, September 23, 2014, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Or will he have to wait until Bolton?

westcliff white

they said on sky this morning he was back for today, i was surprised as thought he got 3 games
Every day is a Fulham day

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Lighthouse

But he would have been cup tied today so should have one more game suspended?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthWest6

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 23, 2014, 10:18:27 PM
But he would have been cup tied today so should have one more game suspended?

How, has he played any games for Leeds in the cup yet?

The Enclosurite

Yes, played for Leeds.

FA website says back on Saturday but not sure if that is correct as was ineligible for tonight's game so would've technically only missed two eligible games.
¡COYW!

Bill2

According to FA website his last game out was today.

dannyboi-ffc

I wondered that too, technically he should be banned for 3 games which should include birmingham.  He played and scored for leeds against bradford in the last round, it was live on sky.

So how can tonight count as a suspension if he wasnt eligible to play anyway? If thats the case and he can play saturday then the rules are ridiculous and if I was birmingham I would look into it if he plays and we dont lose.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

We need to check it out carefully before playing him and not rely on what's on a website!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Pie and mash

Doubt he'll start even if he's available

res

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 23, 2014, 11:25:02 PM
I wondered that too, technically he should be banned for 3 games which should include birmingham.  He played and scored for leeds against bradford in the last round, it was live on sky.

So how can tonight count as a suspension if he wasnt eligible to play anyway? If thats the case and he can play saturday then the rules are ridiculous and if I was birmingham I would look into it if he plays and we dont lose.

Same as the Polish team's mistake against Celtic in this year's European Championship qualifier? Their sub. (who came on for the last 3 minutes when they were 6-0 up on aggregate) had not served a 3 match suspension as he was not eligible to play in 2 of the 3 matches he missed---so the Polish team were disqualified.

Given decisions we've made in the last 2 years, we could get this wrong and be fined 3 points....so we'll have minus 2. Surely this won't happen!!??

MJG

I look forward to hearing and reading the comments when we knock the ball long to the big man.

cmg

It's quite an interesting little one that nobdy I've asked seems to know for sure.

One would think that the FA's website should be definitive.

The regs say 3 of the Club's competitive matches, without mentioning the player's eligibilty for these games.

filham

Quote from: MJG on September 24, 2014, 09:52:24 AM
I look forward to hearing and reading the comments when we knock the ball long to the big man.

We are knocking the ball long to Hugo with no effect, knocking the ball long to Smith should show some improvement.

westcliff white

Quote from: cmg on September 24, 2014, 10:06:54 AM

It's quite an interesting little one that nobdy I've asked seems to know for sure.

The regs say 3 of the Club's competitive matches, without mentioning the player's eligibilty for these games.
That is how i understand it, its 3 of the clubs games irrespective of if a player is available or not. Imagine if the player was injured, would the 3 game ban not start until he was fit? or if he got injured in training during a ban is it then suspended?

MJG

That would be a knock back by Hugo that led to a goal.... Was that not effective?

You know exactly what I mean. People will moan that we are not playing football and just hitting it long. Last night you could see a deliberate tactic to hit crossfield to Hugo or McCormack,  especially from left. It's all about mix and match.

Anyone who saw Smith first three touches at Reading will know that's not an improvement on what we have.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2014, 10:10:34 AM

That is how i understand it, its 3 of the clubs games irrespective of if a player is available or not. Imagine if the player was injured, would the 3 game ban not start until he was fit? or if he got injured in training during a ban is it then suspended?
you can still play a game injured though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on September 24, 2014, 10:11:39 AM
That would be a knock back by Hugo that led to a goal.... Was that not effective?

You know exactly what I mean. People will moan that we are not playing football and just hitting it long. Last night you could see a deliberate tactic to hit crossfield to Hugo or McCormack,  especially from left. It's all about mix and match.

Anyone who saw Smith first three touches at Reading will know that's not an improvement on what we have.
blokes a donkey just like Hutchinson. if hugo is not to play, it has to be Woodrow as he has a much better touch and is less likely to cost us a game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2014, 10:13:56 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 24, 2014, 10:11:39 AM

blokes a donkey just like Hutchinson. if hugo is not to play, it has to be Woodrow as he has a much better touch and is less likely to cost us a game

But as we saw with the Burn goal it would be nice to have a target to aim for from time to time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2014, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2014, 10:10:34 AM

you can still play a game injured though.
not if you have a hamstring issue or such, my point is the rules stae it to mean games that the club has and not games the player is available for