Main Menu

That was absolute dross

Started by GrahamG, September 23, 2014, 11:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

premFlem

Quote from: SKSW6 on September 24, 2014, 09:30:05 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 24, 2014, 08:45:34 AM
Quote from: millsy on September 24, 2014, 12:09:58 AM
Just got home and I think GrahamG's summary is spot on and also reflects the views of everyone around me in H5.

Instead of going for the kill, we started the usual nonsense of playing backwards balls constantly and standing off the opposition, thus giving them the confidence to go forward themselves. Madness!

Anyway, this led to the inevitable goal, which we could all see coming and even after the penalty save we didn't leArn our lesson and pick up the tempo.

As for the subs!! By all men's take off the re less Amor, who was on a yellow and likely to walk at some stage but why didn't he put Staf back where he belongs and bring on one of the youngsters to exploit the wide open spaces that were available all night long? Very poor decision-making in my view and if he can't see the obvious and do something about it, in game, then I'm sorry, I want someone better in charge.

Huh ?

OK, Kit has had 5 days in charge and he's failed.  Let's sack him.

I despair.

Nah, he's had 3 training sessions, that's plenty long enough to judge a manager...
no, to be fair I think we took our foot off the pedal in the second half, why waste energy or risk injury pushing forward in a cup match when its points on the board we need. Judge them on the first half display.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

filham

2-0 up to a league 1 team at the Cottage and then we turn in a dreadful 2nd half performance like that, something is still wrong. We won but were only a penalty save away from a defeat.
Afraid there is still a lot of remedial work for Kit to carry out.

Lighthouse

Symons hasn't found miracle cure shock.

We all know the state of the club thanks to decisions made by the many fools we have had running the club. I suspect we will know more at Birmingham.

After all that would mean Symons would have had a WHOLE WEEK in charge.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

win-dup

blimey. Nobody's blamed the referee yet when it's ben obvious from the start of the season that a secret cabal of Fulham hating officials have robbed us of a win in every single game.

Oakeshott

It is perhaps worth remembering that the great Roy had an uneven start, and despite the difficulties inherited from the Sanchez regime he took over a much less toxic situation than Kit has.

I hope that Khan gives Kit until the end of November at least, and that critics cut him some slack while he works to engender more effective organisation than we had under Jol or FM, and hopefully re-builds confidence in players who look edgy when under pressure. (Probably still think that if they make a mistake they'll be running another 6 miles after the game is over!)

terryr

"And God forbid we kept the ball by passing it back to keeper to start again. "

REALLY??????
Taking possession from the edge of their box then tap, tap tap passing until eventually the ball is at our keepers feet whereby he hoofs it up field and we lose possession is NOT starting again in my opinion.
Total lack of creativity.
The back pass seems to be the only weapon in our arsenal at the moment.
We seem allergic to shooting so the opposition is very relaxed when we are pressing. Challenge us in the box and we back pass the ball out of danger OR we hang on far too long and lose it.
If you don't shoot you don't score.
simple.
They get possession either way.

MJG

Well I hope you get your manager of choice and enjoy the hoof football you and others clearly want

TonyGilroy

Amongst the many things we need to get right is an ability to dominate matches and that starts with ball retention.

We didn't get it right second half and we got nervous once they scored but the intention clearly was not to give the ball away needlessly and whilst the pessimists can focus on the second half I prefer to remember being impressed with the first half particularly the running off the ball.

There's no miracle cure - I'll be happy with slow, incremental steps.

ToodlesMcToot

After reading this thread in its entirety, I'm going with the theory that after 2+ seasons of nothing really to celebrate, many here have forgotten cheer, hope, and patience altogether. It just seems we go straight for the throat in our criticisms nowadays.

I'm not saying that some of it isn't warranted but, this is a pretty negative thread considering we actually won and are at the beginnings of a nice cup run.

I hope the mood changes here soon.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

absent cottager

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 24, 2014, 01:30:21 PM
After reading this thread in its entirety, I'm going with the theory that after 2+ seasons of nothing really to celebrate, many here have forgotten cheer, hope, and patience altogether. It just seems we go straight for the throat in our criticisms nowadays.

I'm not saying that some of it isn't warranted but, this is a pretty negative thread considering we actually won and are at the beginnings of a nice cup run.

I hope the mood changes here soon.

Here bloody here! We'll said COYW

jarv

I thought my post was quite positive. I said it will take a long time to fix the mess!  Realistic as opposed to totally positive. Personally, I am being patient now and hoping for the best in the long term.

Realistically, I think we can get back to being a top 6 championship team, like Fulham was in the 70s.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: jarv on September 24, 2014, 01:53:00 PM
I thought my post was quite positive. I said it will take a long time to fix the mess!  Realistic as opposed to totally positive. Personally, I am being patient now and hoping for the best in the long term.

Realistically, I think we can get back to being a top 6 championship team, like Fulham was in the 70s.

I didn't say everyone. And I don't mind criticisms, as much of it is warranted. It's just the seeming need to tend toward criticizing first rather than enjoy what was earned last night that I don't get.

I wasn't there last night. I listened to GJ though. I never got the impression that what was on display was ever synonymous with "dross". A play here and there, sure. But overall, never.

FFC1987

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 24, 2014, 02:06:48 PM

I didn't say everyone. And I don't mind criticisms, as much of it is warranted. It's just the seeming need to tend toward criticizing first rather than enjoy what was earned last night that I don't get.

I wasn't there last night. I listened to GJ though. I never got the impression that what was on display was ever synonymous with "dross". A play here and there, sure. But overall, never.

It's funny because I criticized the first two games of the season for not winning points and was told I should appreciate the performance over the reward.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 24, 2014, 02:16:12 PM

It's funny because I criticized the first two games of the season for not winning points and was told I should appreciate the performance over the reward.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.  063.gif

Lighthouse

I think we are all in a constant state of disappointment. As I have always been in this state I find it sad that Fulham have dragged so many down to my level. There is very little to get excited about at Fulham. A win is rare so I guess we should try and enjoy it.  :016:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

millsy

Not sure if Amor was injured or not but my earlier post typo meant to describe him as reckless, which I think he is, both in his challenges and in his pushing and shoving at set-plays. As an established pro he should know better. He's a strong player at this level and I saw no injury, so looked like he was taken off as an insurance against a second yellow.

My main point was though, that this gave the perfect opp to pull Staf back to his best and, for me, only viable, position at full back, thus giving possibility of shaking things up and getting us back on front foot by bringing on either Williams or Roberts. A bit too negative for my taste but at least he had the good sense to take Staf off and bring in a proper midfielder to give us some measure of control over that area.

The positives for me? Of course the win but also Burn solid again, as was Bod and I applaud Hyndman starting. He is always available, takes the ball neatly and moves it on without fuss, rarely losing possession, misplacing his pass and, unlike others, looks for a forward pass first.

I also think Ross will be a regular match winner for us - another great fee kick and he is our best crosser of a ball. What he needs is someone to hold the ball up and lay it off in and around the box. Not sure if it's Cauley or the new guy but doesn't look like it will be Hugo, whose first touch is dodgy, to say the least!

Overall, happy to go through and win good for morale but over the course of the evening, generally underwhelmed and worried at Kit's impact on events. He will clearly have some time to impress, while the short list to examine alongside him is compiled. Hope he can take advantage of this.

hovewhite

Just hapy for smorkel of joy this season so I'll take win as its a start,small acorns n all that,and congratulations on the win Kit.

Baszab

KS spent most of the two games telling Amoriebeta to calm down - Amor looked like he was possessed

Peabody

Those of you who are critical of last nights efforts, do you really believe that KS can turn it round in two games plus three or four training sessions, which have to, no must be different to FMs training sessions. Yes the second half was a tad disappointing but and I know a lot of you will react to this word, we must be patient. There, I bet that upsets some of you, so I will say it again, we need PATIENCE.

horse1031

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 24, 2014, 02:16:12 PM

except we won last nights game...