watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FST meeting today

Started by Jonnoj, September 25, 2014, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

MJG - my concern is over retaining the best of the youngsters if we don't get a  quick return to the PL. Was there any direst discussion of that, or just did they hope to tie them down with suitable contracts?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: Holders on September 27, 2014, 08:01:36 AM
MJG - my concern is over retaining the best of the youngsters if we don't get a  quick return to the PL. Was there any direst discussion of that, or just did they hope to tie them down with suitable contracts?
Not sure if you have seen my thread about asking questions on contracts etc.  That came from a discussion on retaining the younger players. The club are looking at doing everything they can to keep players they see as the future... Within the boundaries that league rules allow with regards contract lengths.
So yes they are planning on doing what they can,  but let's be realistic,  in football players move on and we are like any club. Good offers come in I find it hard to see how club could say no to offers which are too food to turn down.

Burt

Good feedback from the meeting... It does beg more questions but it is good to see more transparency around the FST and the commitment of the club to be more collaborative.

As someone else has mentioned, being part of the FST is probably quite time consuming and on top of day jobs etc. so the people concerned should be commended for their commitment.

And thanks to MJG for being open around it all, and keeping us updated.

b+w geezer

Quote from: e4b on September 27, 2014, 07:46:56 AM
Its the way of the world today,we want everything yesterday and for free!Thanks should go to everyone who has given up their time for free just their love and concern for our great club
Well yes. Inclusive of travelling time to Motspur this looks like a half-day's commitment during the working week, followed by a write-up that's swift by any reasonable standards.

If they are going to start having these meetings monthly, the commitment increases accordingly, but is to be welcomed. Privileged access for paid-up members to news of such meetings is neither necessary or productive. As two of us have explained on here, it's not what we're paying our ten quid for.  (And my inbox does not currently contain anything new from FST -- a statement of fact rather than complaint -- so I'm reading it first on here like anyone else.)

MJG

Quote from: b+w geezer on September 27, 2014, 08:24:39 AM
Quote from: e4b on September 27, 2014, 07:46:56 AM
Its the way of the world today,we want everything yesterday and for free!Thanks should go to everyone who has given up their time for free just their love and concern for our great club
Well yes. Inclusive of travelling time to Motspur this looks like a half-day's commitment during the working week, followed by a write-up that's swift by any reasonable standards.

If they are going to start having these meetings monthly, the commitment increases accordingly, but is to be welcomed. Privileged access for paid-up members to news of such meetings is neither necessary or productive. As two of us have explained on here, it's not what we're paying our ten quid for.  (And my inbox does not currently contain anything new from FST -- a statement of fact rather than complaint -- so I'm reading it first on here like anyone else.)
I know the abridged version went up late last night on the site and I'll look into the emails and come back to find out about them.

Berserker

I'm going to join on Monday when I get paid. I think it's important as many people as possible join as they have the club listening to them now.

Also thanks to MJG for his patience answering questions on here, and I agree with him that fitting voluntary work with working full time in a proper job is difficult as I do that and it's not easy.
I know £10 seems is alot, but as a treasurer of a branch of a organisation I can tell you money is soon eaten up on running costs.  I presume each year they produce accounts where members can see where the money is spent so it will all be transparent anyway.

Fans must be united
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

blingo

Why can't the club publish the results of the meeting on the official website after the meetings? No expenses, and everyone finds out what is going on?

Peabody

Just one question, does Concessions mean older or younger membership? Apologies if I missed it but all I could see was Concession and no explanation as to who qualifies.

MJG

Quote from: Peabody on September 27, 2014, 11:11:07 AM
Just one question, does Concessions mean older or younger membership? Apologies if I missed it but all I could see was Concession and no explanation as to who qualifies.
Membership fees are £10 per year for adults and £5 per year for concessions (juniors and senior citizens).

Peabody

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: MJG on September 27, 2014, 11:13:52 AM
Quote from: Peabody on September 27, 2014, 11:11:07 AM
Membership fees are £10 per year for adults and £5 per year for concessions (juniors and senior citizens).

092.gif Does 64 and three quarters constitute a senior ? 092.gif
I assume so as I just joined for $8 (ish)

It's hardly a fortune is it  ?    (about the cost to watch one sixth of a match)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SouthfieldWhite

The academy HAS had a big cost cut, that's why we have lost 3 valuable members of staff from it.

It's not just London and Surrey we need to scout in, it's all over the world.

If we lose Catergory 1 status , our academy will be in big trouble.

We should be giving more money to the academy, not cutting it.

We are limiting our options just concentrating mainly on London and Surrey, which is also swamped by other clubs scouts including the likes of Norwich, Southampton and Brighton to name 3