News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This squad good enough to give Kit a fair chance?

Started by Whitesideup, September 25, 2014, 11:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Kit being touted by many on the forum as the right choice for the job. His attachment to the club and his work with the U21s makes him a popular choice.

But is this squad strong enough overall to give him a fair chance of success?

We played some £25 million pounds worth (of our money) in attack ..all down the middle.... against both Blackburn and Doncaster. (For my money the best was Rodellaga.) Second half against Doncaster we created only a couple of good chances. I know the onus was on them being behind, I know we had to protect our lead, but was the second half performance really good enough against Doncaster.

I also thought Blackburn were poor. We should not have lost that game.

Can Kit turn it around and have us playing good effective football with the current squad?   

K33NY

JDH101

I liked it when he played Ross and Ruiz behind Hugo.

I think he is the right man to take over while we find our long term man. I don't think we need to be in a rush. Kit can steady the ship.

I do not think Kit is the right man for this job beyond the next few months though. Seeing his interview with Sarah on the website just reminded me how inexperienced he is for the position. He needs a lot of work / training on the PR side of the job. He keeps looking up and leaning back when answering a question likes its a nervous tick. He says the usual expected lingo which doesn't inspire me.

Just my two cents before people start to shoot me down.

RaySmith

I do think the squad is good enough.

Kit has credentials of managing a team, though he has never been offered a long term position at senior level - but now is his chance to show what he can do, and he knows he needs to do this immediately, and I'm sure he'll seize  the opportunity with both hands.

Woolly Mammoth

I hope kit is given a chance, after all apart from anything else, I couldn't understand hardly anything Magath was going on about, with his poor English. How can that inspire anyone, and he was given 6 months despite poor results and reputation. So Kit is a breath of fresh air, so we must not dissect every word action or body language, otherwise Jol and Magath should not have lasted 24 Hours.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

The problem is giving Kit the time he undoubtedly deserves.  We are in deep poo, had the club possessed the wit to sack Madgath sooner then we could afford the luxury of giving Kit time.  Now it come down to a test of Khan's nerve.  How long dare he give Kit?

Sorry didn't answer the question; yes, overall I believe we have the squad quality.

dannyboi-ffc

I think hes taking over at the right time, no matter what he does it will be difficult to do any worse than magath. I dont think this squad is capable of performing a miracle but expectation should be a lot lower now than in july. It should have enough to steer clear of relegation but im predicting 56 points which will have us around lower mid table id imagine. Even that is only possible if kit manages superbly but your question asked about the quality of the squad and thats where I think were at. A couple of decent loans would be nice
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

If Kit can play the squad to their strengths and not try and put players in positions they look lost in. As Felix was apt to do. Then we have a chance and our squad is good enough to survive. More than survival may be a bit much to ask until the players are that much more experienced.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

epsomraver

Quote from: JDH101 on September 26, 2014, 01:52:09 AM

I think he is the right man to take over while we find our long term man. I don't think we need to be in a rush. Kit can steady the ship.

I do not think Kit is the right man for this job beyond the next few months though. Seeing his interview with Sarah on the website just reminded me how inexperienced he is for the position. He needs a lot of work / training on the PR side of the job. He keeps looking up and leaning back when answering a question likes its a nervous tick. He says the usual expected lingo which doesn't inspire me.

I wouldn't care if Kit sat there picking his nose at interviews as long as he got the points and the club back on an even keel, that is the problem nowdays, too much emphasis on spin and PR and not about substance, see politicians

TheManOnTheBus

If he loses all 3 of the games before the next international break - he will be replaced then I think.  If things are looking good, and improving, he stays a while longer but only be confirmed until he wins, say, 4 or 5 out of the next 6 or 8 games.  

I do think the quality in the squad is there, though, certainly in attack.  So can he organise and galvanise in short order.....

dannyboi-ffc

I would say he needed 5 points from his four games in charge. We lost blackburn so id say two away draws and a home win vs bolton. Less than that and I think he will be replaced in the international break. Maybe 4 will be enough but I doubt any less than that will be an acceptable audition
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burt

I think we have a good balance of youth and experience in the squad to survive.

It's all down to motivation, tactics, where and when they are used, confidence, etc. etc. and this will be where Kit will either succeed or be found wanting.

We should have a good indication by Christmas of where things are heading.

Holders

Quote from: epsomraver on September 26, 2014, 10:17:31 AM
Quote from: JDH101 on September 26, 2014, 01:52:09 AM

I wouldn't care if Kit sat there picking his nose at interviews as long as he got the points and the club back on an even keel, that is the problem nowdays, too much emphasis on spin and PR and not about substance, see politicians

On that basis, he'll need to develop his nose-scratching skills before he'll ever be as good at PR as Roy.

Leaning back is sign of confidence, scratching is a sign of nerves or displacement.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Deanothefulhamfan

In truth we have, but it is a squad certain for mid table at best. Khan wants instant promotion but that is not going to happen, how he was not gone after Derby is anyone's guess, but now any manger faces the impossible task.

Why did we stick we FM so long????

ToodlesMcToot

For me, our biggest issue is that we don't have enough depth of quality. And where we do have depth, often we're robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. I'm not saying this is the case in every position, but in enough to make this club weakened over the course of a Championship season. Also, we're a very inexperienced side and this will cost us points.

As examples, we have no left midfielder to speak of. So far, our best LM is either our most accomplished striker or our most accomplished left back. Our best pure defensive midfielder is our best right back. Our best right midfielder, no matter which you choose, has little to no experience at this level or in this league. I could go on at every position except striker/forward.

I believe that there is enough talent for Kit to show that he can make do and make something out of this roster (a poorly built one IMO) which is what any incoming manager would have to do until January. Kit's advantage thru to January at least is that he's cheap. He doesn't cost the club much for the position that he holds. As long as reasonable results come, I believe he'll keep the job. If that holds true, then the real test of fairness will be how the club goes about strengthening this roster come the next transfer window. Any new manager we hire will come in with at very least the leverage to spend. I hope that if we keep Kit as manager, he'll be afforded that same ability.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

yes, as long as we get a decent centre half and leader at the back.

Fulham1959

I hope he is given a fair crack of the whip, and that means at the very least 10 games.  As I pointed out in another thread, a certain new manager at a certain Manchester club will be given much longer than that.

I just hope Kit wins 'Manager of the Season", in which case I shall be ecstatic !

The Rock

Our squad in 3 years will be 10-12th in the premier league table. No new players needed. FM fining kids showing up late when the Brom rd bus had delays I mean really?

Kit is the bridge. Life isn't kind. Like Rene he is going to need results because the owner and those in charge won't know any better.

I feel Ray Lewington had a similar effect - maybe great, maybe not, but a fine choice, potentially.

Scrumpy

I'm sorry, but this squad has no chance of promotion or play-offs. It should just about stay safe. That is the aim from where I'm standing.

If Kit can prevent a successive relegation then he is the man for me.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.