watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker

Started by irishfulham, September 27, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

is everyone in agreement scotty has had a reasonably good season so far considering most on here were absolutely livid he was staying for another year i think hes done a great job alongside the youngsters so far thoughts??

Deanothefulhamfan

I was certainly one of the biggest voices with the dissapointment that we kept Parker, however I feel he has had a pretty good season. I am still not convinced by him in truth, but he is proving to be more useful than I thought he would.

A little more is needed from him, but under Kit he seems focussed and interested again, so I expect him to improve further.

Forever Fulham

Everyone says this is a physical league full of bangers and maulers.  If so, then on paper, at least, Parker would be a liability, as he is small, lightweight, and not at all fast.  But he brings real character and leadership to the team.  I would imagine the younger players benefit from his qualities.  Kit probably benefits from having an player like Parker to influence the others.  But do his positives outweight his negatives?  I think Hoogland is more effective in that position.

robert

Sorry,no.In my opinion he is highly overrated as a player,even if a decent human being given what he did for our younger players during FM time.I still think we'd do better without him however.

J.Perkins

Quote from: robert on September 27, 2014, 01:41:06 PM
Sorry,no.In my opinion he is highly overrated as a player,even if a decent human being given what he did for our younger players during FM time.I still think we'd do better without him however.

Work on your English, then we can talk.

The Rock

He has outperformed my expectations as well, on and off the pitch.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 27, 2014, 01:11:53 PM
I was certainly one of the biggest voices with the dissapointment that we kept Parker, however I feel he has had a pretty good season. I am still not convinced by him in truth, but he is proving to be more useful than I thought he would.

A little more is needed from him, but under Kit he seems focussed and interested again, so I expect him to improve further.

That's the significant factor, I believe.

Fulham76

Generally, he seems to be improving but overall this season think we would have been better off with him OUT of the team.
He's been at fault for too many of the goals we've conceded! May just be bad luck but I can think of 3-4 times he's mid-placed a pass or pulled out of a challenge which has ended up with the ball in the back of our net.

robert

Yes,agreed.He is improving but still too often plays like a crippled raver from Epsom!!!

itombomb

His lack of pace and propensity for clogging everything up is very problematic.

Tonywa

His performance against Blackburn last week was probably the best performance I have seen by a Fulham player this season. Not much competition admittedly but.......

F.luke

Absolutely the best player for Fulham this season !!!!!!

SouthfieldWhite

What people don't realise is Parker wasn't fit and playing with an injury for most part of the second half of last season, but Magaff didn't care and wanted him on the pitch.

ChesterTheTabby

Today wasn't Scotties best day...but once we started playing the ball out to the wings in the second half Scott looked far more comfortable.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Julius Geezer

Nice to see Parker so passionate at the end - clearly delighted with the win!

grandad

The position he plays is perhaps the most demanding of all. Of course he will lose the ball a few times. Just look at the number of times he has possession compared with others. This season he is vital to us. However we must start looking for his replacement soon. He can´t go on for many more seasont. Great bloke .
Where there's a will there's a wife

MasterHaynes

Thought he has really shown his worth in the last 3 games

Bracken White

I believe it'd be crazy not to play him.
He is a real general in midfield & brought on v Doncaster because we were up against it.
Thought he had another good game today and am bamboozled by those wishing for him to be dropped.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

bill taylors apprentice

I'm not a fan.
IMO he simply has an inability to see a pass that can hurt the opposition.

The standard at this level allows him to look good at times without actually contributing anything offensively and he is a liability as he dwells on the ball.

Apart from his character, he offers nothing special and most importantly slows almost every attacking move, his team mates seem compelled to give him the ball regardless of his lack of vision going forward.

leonffc

I was critical of the start he made this season and still blame him for at least three goals we conceded but from what I've seen of him lately he's looked good.
Especially against Cardiff, I thought he was superb but seemed to pushed on more. He's too dangerous pirouetting in our defensive third.