watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

COTTAGE TALK CONTROVERSY ROUNDTABLE

Started by Admin, September 30, 2014, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

This Friday, Friends of Fulham will be a guest on Cottage Talk for the Middlesbrough preview, and Russ has asked if our members can put forward any Fulham related debates that can be used on their 'Controversy Roundtable' section. If chosen, this will be used as a main topic to debate between Russ, David and any co-hosts. Please post your topics below;   

Burt

Well, what seems to be quite topical is who the next gaffer should be, and the role that the panel will play in getting us to that stage.

eloc

What is the fulham plan in the current defensive quality drought in premier football? it seems like lately there has been a surplus of high caliber strikers, but defenders of top quality have seemingly dried up. As bigger clubs are now hoarding many high caliber prospects, particularly in the fullback position, how can fulham compete and survive?

JIMMY D

Easy question. When will we get back to the premier league? Is this still a goal for the club? Has things now changed from the damage made by Felix..

Russ Goldman

Thank you for your question and I appreciate all of the other ones as well.

NJFulham

Was Magath only sacked because of the planned protests?

Wimbledon_White

Here's mine Admin - hello by the way, hope you're well. Been while old boy.

Shahid Khan choosing to elect a five-man committee of football insiders  (and a random Nike Director STH) to be a selection panel for our new Manager is a damning indictment to our current ownership, their (his) complete lack of football knowledge and their (his) complete lack of appropriateness to run an English Football League club. Debate.

MJG

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 01, 2014, 01:05:50 PM

Shahid Khan choosing to elect a five-man committee of football insiders  (and a random Nike Director STH) to be a selection panel for our new Manager is a damning indictment to our current ownership, their (his) complete lack of football knowledge and their (his) complete lack of appropriateness to run an English Football League club. Debate.
Its a good question, but using that as a basis who would be the right owner for a football club? Can you only own the club (or even business) if you know it inside out?

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: MJG on October 01, 2014, 01:08:18 PM

Its a good question, but using that as a basis who would be the right owner for a football club? Can you only own the club (or even business) if you know it inside out?

Woh woh woh there Mike my man, I am not saying I agree or disagree. I just proposed the debate is all.

MJG

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 01, 2014, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 01, 2014, 01:08:18 PM

Woh woh woh there Mike my man, I am not saying I agree or disagree. I just proposed the debate is all.

Ok brakes on, not the place to debate.

aFFCn_Fan

Here's one:
Are we fooling ourselves into believing that we will return to the premiership? Were we fortunate to have been there for so long and decieved ourselves into thinking we're a Premiership club, when, given the size of the club (and by that I mean addressable supportbase/market), is the Championship the natural home for a club like Fulham? And assuming it is, how long will Kahn continue to back the club?

BTW, I think WW's debate above, I'd rather have a self-made billionaire who has the sense to admit he doesn't know enough about football as a business, is happy to delegate and ultimately happy to keep backing the club, than someone who is simply a 'football man' and too stubborn to ask for help.
@hincharoo

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on October 01, 2014, 01:28:21 PM
Here's one:
Are we fooling ourselves into believing that we will return to the premiership? Were we fortunate to have been there for so long and decieved ourselves into thinking we're a Premiership club, when, given the size of the club (and by that I mean addressable supportbase/market), is the Championship the natural home for a club like Fulham? And assuming it is, how long will Kahn continue to back the club?

BTW, I think WW's debate above, I'd rather have a self-made billionaire who has the sense to admit he doesn't know enough about football as a business, is happy to delegate and ultimately happy to keep backing the club, than someone who is simply a 'football man' and too stubborn to ask for help.

Now now, let's leave the debate upto Russ, Tjannis, David and Mike please*

*i presume that's the panel...if not its a safe enough guess.

Burt

Based on today's handbag-swinging threads, howsabout:

Should we allow Peabody's jokes on FOF?

:dft011:

MJG

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 01, 2014, 01:32:05 PM
Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on October 01, 2014, 01:28:21 PM
Here's one:

Now now, let's leave the debate upto Russ, Tjannis, David and Mike please*

*i presume that's the panel...if not its a safe enough guess.
Not me, I have been relegated for Admin I think.

FFC1987

To bring in a discussion on players, what is the opinion on Tunnicliff. A player who has had an up and down career but clearly has talent yet was sidelined under Magath yet seems early doors is becoming a fan favourite at blackburn. Is his fulham career over or do people think he could show up for a championship charge next year?

TonyGilroy

Me and my daughter are lined up to speak to Cottage Talk early Friday evening.

Perhaps we're being saved for a slow news week.

blingo

Don't forget to mention that Tony Macedo is your all time favourite Fulham goalkeeper. ;)

TonyGilroy

Quote from: blingo on October 01, 2014, 01:43:32 PM
Don't forget to mention that Tony Macedo is your all time favourite Fulham goalkeeper. ;)

He ranks just behind Martin Townshend in my goalkeeping hero list.

blingo

How did I know you would reply instantly  :hook: :hook: :hook: :hook: :hook: 064.gif

TonyGilroy

Because I have faster reactions than Mr Macedo.