watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz - the return !

Started by Robbie, October 01, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

Ruiz is clearly an excellent player to have against a poor side at home. Yesterday he prooved that he simply is not good enough against an opposition that don't give him time on the ball. He goes missing and is a complete luxury.

He still has a role to play, but not against many teams away from home.

hovewhite

One game ruiz is brilliant ,then you wait for the same thing next game he doesn't turn up.
The two sides of an enigmatic player.

HatterDon

ah, so Ruiz is the reason we lost on Saturday.

Now I understand.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whitesideup

Quote from: HatterDon on October 05, 2014, 06:31:54 PM

Now I understand.
Does that mean you think Ruiz played well?

Forever Fulham

I didn't see the game yesterday.  But I know a lot of high paid EPL stars didn't acquit themselves very well this weekend--players one would expect to always play to a high standard, regardless of opponent.  Those of you who did the see the game, in person or via a feed, what do you mark down as the apparent reason Bryan Ruiz wasn't especially effective?  Was he double teamed? Were his teammates making themselves forward movement targets?  Was he simply slow and clumsy?  Did the opposition scout us, and in light of the previous game, decide to win by bottling up Bryan and thus forcing forward movement through other means?  And if so, how effectively did Kit adapt on the fly and adjust accordingly?  Or is the explanation as simple as has been suggested here--that Ruiz can only play well against weaker opponents?  This is a team game.  Individual brilliance has its impact to be sure.  But no single player is going to beat a team by himself.  Not without help.  A great manager sees the impact that an opponent's team is having and adjusts accordingly, not waiting for an entire half to end to start doing so.  Do you feel Kit made formation and style of play adjustments when needed?

HatterDon

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 05, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

Now I understand.

No, it means I understand that the reason we lost on Saturday was Ruiz.

I'm sorry; was that unclear?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Max Headroom

Can be brilliant as he was against Bolton, but they gave him time on the ball. Any team who presses him (especially on his left side) will find him out. He gives the ball away defensively too often.

I like him, but too much of a defensive liability. should be replaced by Williams

Forever Fulham

He loves me.
He loves me not.
He loves me.
He loves me not.
Tuesday, he loves me.
Wednesday, he loves me not.
Thursday, he might love me again.
Goat.
Hero.
Goat.
Hero.

Let's give it another week or two, shall we?   

Whitesideup

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2014, 02:20:16 AM
Quote from: Whitesideup on October 05, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

Now I understand.

No, it means I understand that the reason we lost on Saturday was Ruiz.

I'm sorry; was that unclear?
Sorry but yes. It sounded ironic so I thought you possibly meant the reverse.

As for Forever Fulham suggesting he is given more time... I just don't think he cuts it in tough games for whatever reason. He is a luxury player, technically excellent at times, but too often does not influence the game. His free role behind the front two is one of the most important. No doubt he will start against Norwich so let's see how he does, defensively as well as offensively, because zero tackles for his position means he must make up for that big time going forward.