watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

Started by os5889, June 29, 2010, 09:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

It seems Mr Hodgson is set to pursue avenues fresh, and while obviously disappointed by developments I've not been too impressed by some of the comments directed at the club and the man by some posters, which is fine opinions are the fuel of message boards.

It is however a complicated and difficult situation for the clubs to release statements about and I can certainly see why its taken so long for the smoke to pass to reveal the fire what with Roy being in South Africa with the BBC and Liverpool looking for some cash to meet Roys demands.

That said it seems Liverpool is a temptation Roy can't resist and in all honesty without the blindly delusional belief of fans that Fulham is the best job ever for a manager could you say in Roys position you wouldn't bite someones hand off for the opportunity at such a huge and historically significant club (even if it is on Merseyside). I mean Roys not a Fulham fan is he?

Hamburg was and forever will be our day in the sun so to speak and its as good a send of for the old fella as I can think of!

The man saved our skins when even the bookies had given up hope (50-1 to stay up!!) , led us to 7th in the league, beat Man United twice at home! beat West Ham at home (first time since '66), need I mention 4-1 and the euphoria of last season!

So putting aside all the F off Roys, the sod off if your not Fulhams, I'm using this thread to say Thanks, its been one hell of ride I'll never forget or experience again and good luck!

WhiteJC

I agree,

its the waiting thats doing me in!

Lighthouse

Roy is a manager who somehow attracted all the good comments without the bad. He took us from relegation fodder to Europa and Prem success. He will be impossible to match. However looking around the MBs there are not many anti Roy poasts just get on with it posts. We support Fulham not Roy. His departure and the time it has taken has done damage to Fulham.

So thanks for all the fish and for giving us the answer 42. But let us find out, so near to the new season, what the bloody question was, so we can save our season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

perhaps 42 is the number of points we'll get next year?

AlFayedsChequebook

Good post.

I wish Roy all the best up at Lpool, hopefully he will do well and not get sacked by the new owners.

As for the club, I am sure that they started their search for a new manager 2 weeks ago when Roy was supposedly 'first asked'. It seems to me that we have a pretty smart board and set up at the club (which is the most important thing to have, even more than the manager) who will pick someone to take Fulham forward.

Fernhurst

After watching my recently acquired Season Review DVD, it is somewhat incredible just how much good football our manager squeezed out of this journeyman team.

I would also like to add my respect and good wishes to Roy on his departure, we are so sorry to see his caravan disappearing in the distance .... but quite honestly "how the hell was he going to top this season"?

He will require a good healthy modicum of luck to regalvanise an ailing team with his Fabio like insistence on 424. Maybe Gerrard and Carragher have seen and experienced enough of that.

All the best Roy, really hope you discover how to chew more than you can manage!     

finnster01

Big mistake on Roy's part.

But I guess he has enough money to retire comfortably when Liverpool's new owners fire him and put their new man in charge.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

bigalffc

I too would add my thanks it was a great season and I never believed I would be standing on the terraces of Hamburg cheering Fulham in a European final. So thanks muchly Roy. Now COYW I want to be at a domestic cup Final next season.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

blingo

I am of the same opinion Finny. I think that Roy is about to make a very serious error of judgement here. Liverpool will not give him the same backing that MAF has. The owners have bled the club dry and will continue to take whatever they can. Roy will become just another disposable statistic at LFC, and will end up very demoralised. In saying that, if he does go, I personally will wish him good luck but bad results against us. He has been the best manager we have EVER had and has given us a season I will never forget.

Admin

He hasn't gone yet and still won't be before Friday...

Tonywa

Quote from: blingo on June 29, 2010, 02:30:36 PM
I am of the same opinion Finny. I think that Roy is about to make a very serious error of judgement here. Liverpool will not give him the same backing that MAF has. The owners have bled the club dry and will continue to take whatever they can. Roy will become just another disposable statistic at LFC, and will end up very demoralised. In saying that, if he does go, I personally will wish him good luck but bad results against us. He has been the best manager we have EVER had and has given us a season I will never forget.

I fear you're right Blingo and it would be very sad if what Roy must be seeing as a dream move ended in tears for him.  That said I can't blame him for wanting to try, but we'll miss him hugely at Fulham both for what he has done at the club and also for the way he has done it.  A fine manager and a fine man.  thanks Roy!

TW

jarv

Agree with Mr Finn and Blingo. Big mistake. (I said it the other day) However, make no mistake, FULHAM is a very attractive job right now. Proven owner, decent playing staff, good infrastructure, mid table premier team, based in London.  Biggest problem is picking the right man.

blingo

Tonywa, Roy's last jaunt up to the North West ended up badly and so will this one. I can just see it coming.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Good luck Sir Woy,sometimes the grass really isn't any greener on the other side..................................

vagrant

I just hope Liverpool realise that they may not score in more than a third of their league games, and they can kiss any away wins goodbye.......

os5889

P.S I do feel its  a mistake for Roy to leave as I've said before it stinks of Roy Evans 2, and also I'm still clinging on to the faintest hope he stays!

Chopper

Well os5889 sums up my view quite well so thanks for that.

I can understand him going despite the obviously dire situation Liverpool are in. He has a shot to manage one of the biggest British clubs. He has enough confidence in his own ability to believe he can achieve success (though maybe not as quickly as the unrealistic 'Pool supporters would like). And, if he does fail, he'll be probably get a decent pay off.

I'm going to be very sad to see him go but I wish him well.

Statement or no, you can be sure that if talks are in progress our club will also have begun making plans to replace him. I think as long as this is resolved by early July we won't be in a worse situation than if he'd left at the end of the season.

I'm naive/optimistic enough to still cling to the hope he turns them down though.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

OldBrownShoe

Quote from: vagrant on June 29, 2010, 03:20:53 PM
I just hope Liverpool realise that they may not score in more than a third of their league games, and they can kiss any away wins goodbye.......

And no young players in the team/given the opportunities to play or coming through. Just like in our team.  The difference is at Liverpool they expect success - Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalgleish. At Fulham we seem more than grateful for the occasional big scalp and a couple of away wins per season.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again