watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LVC

Started by MrProphet, October 24, 2014, 10:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

The maturity and composure of the kid is fantastic another cracking performance and along with Burn man of the match for me. Take a 067.gif kit for having so much faith in him!  049:gif

Jamie88

Agreed, his hunger to chase every ball and his creativity as well it's like we've got a better Kasami imo

dannyboi-ffc

Where has this lad come from? He's a completely different player to the one who played the first half vs cardiff.  Fast becoming one of our most important players and certainly has more to his game than hyndman.

I thought he was motm today, although Ross was superb I think his reputation goes before him and he gets more recognition. Nothing against him because he played really well but lvc was different class tonight and very mature.

This is what Fulham's about!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Peppo

There's a couple of people around me that moan about him which I find really annoying as I think he is a top talent already and he is only going to get better.

JackyFulham90

My old man thinks he is just okay but the last few games I have been really impressed with him, he has a great work rate & can pick a pass aswell. A good talent for sure

MiltonBurrows

He was brilliant tonight. He is so neat and tidy on the ball, and was beating men for fun tonight in the middle of the park. If your going to be a really harsh critic, his final ball was lacking at points tonight, but redeemed it by setting up the 3rd. He's going to be key in that midfield for me this season, and he is only going to get better.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

fulhamben

unlucky not to score too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TrexFFC

I agree. He has looked very good.  Good team inclusion from Kit. He does know these young players very well.

HatterDon

He's a good example of the fact that regardless of how good any of us is at assessing talent, we don't really know about player development. I am willing to say that exactly NOBODY on this board would have predicted that LVC would play a key role in our first team squad. And thank goodness that we have Kit in charge, or he'd still be a cypher for us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on October 25, 2014, 06:22:48 AM
He's a good example of the fact that regardless of how good any of us is at assessing talent, we don't really know about player development. I am willing to say that exactly NOBODY on this board would have predicted that LVC would play a key role in our first team squad. And thank goodness that we have Kit in charge, or he'd still be a cypher for us.

Couldn't of put it any better! I feel very lucky to have kit and I don't think anyone and I mean anyone could understand this squad and it's capabilities like kit does.

I certainly didn't see this coming from lvc and I doubt many if any at all did
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

res

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 25, 2014, 08:38:24 AM

Couldn't of put it any better! I feel very lucky to have kit and I don't think anyone and I mean anyone could understand this squad and it's capabilities like kit does.

I certainly didn't see this coming from lvc and I doubt many if any at all did

I saw LVC make his debut at Norwich in last year's Cup and thought he wouldn't make the grade...too lightweight. Always nice to be proved wrong...he's hardly missed a minute under Kit, takes so much pressure from Parker, and is now a dynamo in midfield. Great spot from Kit.

PokerMatt

What strikes me about him is his intelligence and maturity already.

A lot of his time is spent starting moves, but as shown by his goal and the good chance he had last night he's got a brilliant eye for when his presence will overload the opposition defence without causing damage to ours. The sort of runs that are so hard to track. That sort of thing can turn a narrow 1-0 and possible 1-1 into a 2-0 win.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MJG

I wrote this about LVC lAugust 2013 in a report from an U21 game:

CM: Lasse Vigen Christensen (19)

Had the job of keeping that central position solid while David had the freedom to move around the pitch. Had a couple of good runs into the box arriving on the end of passes, also had a decent header. You could quite easily ask what did he do, but it was holding position and keeping the shape of the team at times.

First Team Chance this season: I would like him to be sub in the cup maybe, but I doubt we will see him this season. Needs a loan like a few others.
http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/are-they-first-team-ready-7-275.html#sthash.GuTKu6pv.dpuf

I have always liked him from the U18's onwards and while I thought this season be too early he has really won people over and I could not be happier for him. Hes a nice lad, talks sense and works bloody hard.

The club rate him so highly he's the one with the longest contract from the youngsters.

filham

In earlier games I couldn't understand why LVC was selected in preference to one or two other young players who had caught my eye, but last night the reason was made clear to me by a dazzling performance from LVC.

I am learning to have faith in Kit.

cmg

Almost exactly one year ago today (Oct 27, 2013) a thread was posted concerning the possibility of Kit Symons becoming First Team coach which lead to some discussion about the then u21/u18s who had been under his charge. I am somewhat surprised to find that part of my contribution to this debate was:

"So what do we have in midfield, which is where we are, in my opinion, currently so lacking.?
Ronnie Minkwitz hasn't really come on, an all too familiar tale with young talent. He has a fantastic attitude, but isn't really Prem material at present.

Chris David often looks good and is said to be 'on the verge' He's been ignored by Netherlands recently but might be worth a look.

Better, perhaps, might be Lasse Vigen Christensen. I've always liked him and he has impressed for Sweden u21 recently. Snag is he's a bit more defensive than we really want just now.

Hyndman is a genuine creative talent - but it's too early for him and he is much too little."

I wouldn't like to have much of what I have said in the past used in evidence against me...but I'm quite happy at that one (apart from confusing Denmark with Sweden!). To be totally honest, in the early part of this season I would have put LVC behind David and Hyndman in the pecking order but he is now showing that he might be a real top-notcher. One of his many attributes is that he is physically quite imposing and as they say ' a good big 'un will always beat a good 'little 'un.'

MJG

CMG, He's definitely been on the radar of those who watch u18/21 games,  Dembèlè and Roberts goy the headlines but it's others who have broken through.

Deanothefulhamfan

When Kit took over from FM I mentioned it would not be a surprise if LVC was favoured over Hyndman, Kit knows him better than most and believes he can rely on LVC to give his all, no matter what. Another decent performance last night and he is now rightfully an established member of our team.

Scrumpy

I think he needs a song! I know Ryan Tunnicliffe had this one, but since he's somewhere in deepest Lancashire .......

049:gif "Here's to you Vigen Christensen, Fulham loves you more than you will know" 049:gif

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.