more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Director of Football

Started by MikeW, October 29, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: K33NY on October 30, 2014, 01:08:23 AM
I think it would be better to keep Huw Jennings to be in hes position, he has done a great work for the academy as well, getting our academy to Category One status, I think he would be vital to keep in that position to keep developing youths. But who am I to know :P maybe he would do well, but then I hope someone of the same caliber is brought in to the academy

Maybe promotion could be reward and recognition for his success, as DoF he would still oversee the academy.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MasterHaynes

I think it would be better to keep Huw Jennings to be in hes position, he has done a great work for the academy as well, getting our academy to Category One status, I think he would be vital to keep in that position to keep developing youths. But who am I to know :P maybe he would do well, but then I hope someone of the same caliber is brought in to the academy
I would like to see the DoF role split, the moneyside, corporate & contracts with one person, all things football related, scouting,academy training plans etc with another which would then determine the type of people for each role.

epsomraver

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 30, 2014, 08:52:59 AM
I would like to see the DoF role split, the moneyside, corporate & contracts with one person, all things football related, scouting,academy training plans etc with another which would then determine the type of people for each role.

Thats easy then Curbs for the money Ray the crab for the football, back where we started :005:

TonyGilroy

We need football know how on the Board.

The problem sometimes with a Director of Football is that he can be at odds with the manager and sometimes chasing his job. We've had enough conflict at the club.

It may be that Niall Quinn as a consultant would be adequate - someone whose input would be valued when needed.

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 30, 2014, 08:59:16 AM

The problem sometimes with a Director of Football is that he can be at odds with the manager and sometimes chasing his job. We've had enough conflict at the club.

It may be that Niall Quinn as a consultant would be adequate - someone whose input would be valued when needed.
0001.jpeg

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 30, 2014, 08:59:16 AM

I know we have discussed this before, but the DOF or whatever name you give the person running football operations,  does not have to be someone after the managers job.
Given the correct remit and boundaries (for both manager and DOF)  it is is possible to work.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 29, 2014, 07:45:23 PM
Quote from: cmg on October 29, 2014, 07:30:44 PM

Dunno and Dunno. (Sounds like a firm of Dickensian solicitors.)

Let's set up a five man committee to decide if we need one.
And then set up another five man committee to decide who should get the job.

I wonder how much dosh he threw at the panel of 5?
If he had listened to us in the first place it wouldnt have cost him nothing.
We have all said for weeks Kit was the man...

Think it was more of a sure fire way to make sure it was explored properly, he hired the 5 man panel before Kit did well. If he'd hired Kit straight off or anyone else and it didn't work out we'd all of blamed Mackintosh and Khan, now he has the responsibility taken from him and he looks as though he's put a lot of thought into people he trusts to look out for the club. A good move in my mind and played it safe considering we have been crap for years.

Peppo

A director of football should be a person who could never be a contender to be a manager. If he could be the manager then his presence would seriously undermine the manager's job.

alexbishop

i am surprised nothing was announced in today's press conference about what the plan was in terms of those working around Kit.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

FulhamStu

I would like to see Quinn given the role of Football General Manager to over-see the football side of things joining up the Academy, U21s and 1stTeam, help recruit players and support Kit in the Boardroom.  I would be ok with Mackintosh being kept on as CEO looking after the rest, the Finance and Admin.  Someone like Murphy assisting Kit would also be great and would also help recruitment of new, better players.

Ichabod Magoo

"I heard" ... whispers in the office.  :023:   Why doesn't anyone ever attribute their whispers.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III