watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr..Disgusting Celtic Fans

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 10, 2014, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Good letter and reasons for not wishing to wear the poppy are clearly stated. I would, however, say that unless people are willing to let some things pass into history, then there is little hope for anything. He wants his daughter to grow up in a peaceful world, but perhaps she will have some preconceived ideas following her fathers stance. I speak from personal experience, a lad I grew up with, whom I respected and considered like an older brother was a British Soldier killed in the troubles. For so very long I hated all Irish people for just that one life, but as time has passed, I have come to understand it was the same for both 'sides' of the troubles, many people died for what they either believed in for, as in the case of my mate, for doing the bidding of their political masters, and I cannot disrespect all Irish just because of the actions of a few. James can have is opinion, but as much as he believes he is right, there are others that can believe he is wrong.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Irelands_number1

Letting some things pass into history and personally commemorating those who were killed in the troubles is a different thing altogether and  should she not grow up with 'preconceived ideas' histories of her family's life?

Are you implying or stating that he is wrong or just stating people are entitled to believe he is wrong?

Anyway, things like this have no place on a football forum. That is the real shame of this whole incident as I'm sure its cropped up in many more.

Logicalman

Quote from: Irelands_number1 on November 11, 2014, 02:19:09 AM
Letting some things pass into history and personally commemorating those who were killed in the troubles is a different thing altogether and  should she not grow up with 'preconceived ideas' histories of her family's life?

Are you implying or stating that he is wrong or just stating people are entitled to believe he is wrong?

Anyway, things like this have no place on a football forum. That is the real shame of this whole incident as I'm sure its cropped up in many more.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have commented or asked questions of others in either reply.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Irelands_number1 on November 11, 2014, 02:19:09 AM

Yes its a football forum and its yourself who has turned it political.
My original post was about the Celtic fans disgusting behavior as the
minutes silence was being observed. .

YankeeJim

I've never understood this type of 'in your face' fan. Often, when the US plays one of the CONCACAF Hispanic teams  either here or in their country, the US National Anthem is booed. We yanks don't do it to them. The worst are the resident immigrants who enjoy the largeness of this county but hate us non the less. I know that England and Ireland have a troubled history but that is no reason to treat a fallen soldier with disrespect. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 11, 2014, 07:17:03 PM
I've never understood this type of 'in your face' fan. Often, when the US plays one of the CONCACAF Hispanic teams  either here or in their country, the US National Anthem is booed. We yanks don't do it to them. The worst are the resident immigrants who enjoy the largeness of this county but hate us non the less. I know that England and Ireland have a troubled history but that is no reason to treat a fallen soldier with disrespect. 

Agree completely Jim.  The funny part for me is the whole "Respect" thing that FIFA is promoting.  Guess that isn't meant for the fans.  It's fine if you don't want to wear a poppy or like another country, but show some respect for those that do. 

A little more tolerance would go along way in this world. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?