watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still can't defend, West Ham 3-3 Fulham

Started by SouthWest6, November 13, 2014, 06:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Baron

George Williams is away training (and hopefully playing) with Wales. None of the internationals would have played in this game.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: maoconnor on November 13, 2014, 10:13:55 PM
I count that as 7 games unbeaten with 3 wins and 4 draws, not as a poor defensive display. 4th place PL team? Yup I'd take it

If you're counting a friendly behind closed doors you should probably count the cup game against Derby, too.

Lighthouse

Just seen the short highlights. Our keeper had a poor game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Zu-Meister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTL3k5UwMM

Every attack we had went through Chris David, plus One assist, one goal. Give him a proper chance Kit.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 14, 2014, 11:10:18 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on November 13, 2014, 10:13:55 PM
I count that as 7 games unbeaten with 3 wins and 4 draws, not as a poor defensive display. 4th place PL team? Yup I'd take it

If you're counting a friendly behind closed doors you should probably count the cup game against Derby, too.

That's a fair comment, I'll NOT count this behind door games in my tally.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

cmg

Very interesting, although as it seems to have been shot from the Rosetta spacecraft, some details are a bit obscure.

David's class shines through.

No.8 first half looks for all the world like Dickson Etuhu. Seemed to have shrunk second half - but I think that was Sol Sambou.

Voser at fb?

Matt Smith - are you Carroll in disguise?

Magnus Norman is our only listed keeper not away on International duty, but it didn't really look like him. Didn't really look like a goalkeeper to be honest.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2014, 12:24:24 PM
Just seen the short highlights. Our keeper had a poor game.

Keeper played very poorly.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

love4ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 13, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
Doesn't doing well in irrelevant matches get you a shot in ones that count?
To be fair to Smith, he hasn't been given a chance. Its like Mitroglou under Felix.

Agree.

While we are scoring goals I still think Smith would be useful sub.  Especially as an aerial threat as one can see by how easily he headed the lopped ball in to the net. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Craven Mad

Keeper looked young. Didn't play well, but Vaz Te and Nolan are good/experienced players who seemed to exploit our keeper's inexperience.. I hope his confidence isn't too badly knocked.

David looked great. He sometimes tries to be too "hollywood" for me, missing the easy option and giving away possession from a 40-yard strike, but, still, a great assist and goal from him. Can't knock the performance. Undoubted successor to Ruiz, should Bryan depart in Jan.

Moussa needs first team games. He's not ready yet. He knows how to finish, but - for me - he's prone to some very costly poor decisions (the decision to shoot rather than pass in the first half being an example). Get him on loan. Stick Cauley and Smith on the bench - bring on Cauley when we're dominating but can't find a goal; bring on Matt when we're being dominated and need a lump at the top/on corners to drill it in or knock it down to Ross/Rod ("the speedsters").

Sambou is the player who intrigues me most. I've always been HUGELY impressed by him. He clears up brilliantly, reads the game and affects the tempo of the side. Quality beyond his years. I really hope Kit sees him as a first team option from hereon in.

Finally, nice to see Voser back, even if just so we can sure-up RB once again (I'm not a Zverotic fan, if you hadn't guessed).

Sgt Fulham

One another note this is the fourth 3-3 we've had this season. Rotherham, Wigan, Cardiff (friendly) and West Ham (friendly). Am I missing any?

Stefano Okaka Chuka

She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Greek

Ricardo Vaz Te is in the Championship? What a decline this player has had... super talent.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Greek on November 14, 2014, 03:32:40 PM
Ricardo Vaz Te is in the Championship? What a decline this player has had... super talent.

You're not from around these parts are you..

Craven Mad

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 14, 2014, 03:35:47 PM
Quote from: Greek on November 14, 2014, 03:32:40 PM

You're not from around these parts are you..

I think his name gives that away. Give him a break!

Vaz Te is with West Ham in the Premier League. Our game against them was effectively a friendly, so doesn't matter we're in different leagues. Vaz Te has suffered some bad injuries lately, and has lost some quality/fitness, but he's still deadly on his day and - if goals had been a problem for us - would be someone I'd welcome at our club. Good player.

ffcjazzle

Who played GK? Maybe a bit harsh considering the fact that we only have the highlights, but what a bad game. Absolute dog shite in my opinion

Jamie88

Quote from: ffcjazzle on November 14, 2014, 03:52:54 PM
Who played GK? Maybe a bit harsh considering the fact that we only have the highlights, but what a bad game. Absolute dog shite in my opinion

May have been one of our U18 keepers Jake Soutter -
http://www.fulhamfc.com/player-profiles/jake-soutter

....mind you, he didn't look as tall as his bio states. Some sort of trialist then maybe..

Couldn't have been Norman as he's actually a good keeper!

FPT

Quote from: Riverside on November 13, 2014, 06:56:51 PM
Any more details on who else played ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like (maybe)...

Norman
Voser Hutchinson Burgess Evans
Dickson Fotheringham
David Eisfeld* though Eisfeld hard to spot in first half highlights.
Dembele Smith

- Plumain and Sambou come on, but that's about as much as I could give you.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: FPT on November 14, 2014, 06:37:49 PM
Quote from: Riverside on November 13, 2014, 06:56:51 PM
Any more details on who else played ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like (maybe)...

Norman
Voser Hutchinson Burgess Evans
Dickson Fotheringham
David Eisfeld* though Eisfeld hard to spot in first half highlights.
Dembele Smith

- Plumain and Sambou come on, but that's about as much as I could give you.

I was about to ask where the hell Plumain and Passley had gone!
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

horse1031

Quote from: ffcjazzle on November 14, 2014, 03:52:54 PM

All three of the goals were his fault no?!!  Terrible goalkeeping...we should have won that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTL3k5UwMM