more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still can't defend, West Ham 3-3 Fulham

Started by SouthWest6, November 13, 2014, 06:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Thursday 13 November 2014 16:00

Fulham and West Ham United played out a 3-3 draw in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Upton Park on Thursday afternoon.

The home side took the lead early on when Ricardo Vaz Te volleyed in following good work by Matt Jarvis, before Moussa Dembélé levelled things up with a good finish.

Kevin Nolan hit the crossbar for the hosts, but then Fulham went in front for the first time courtesy of a Chris David strike.

Powerful frontman Andy Carroll made it 2-2 from close range and the goals continued to flow when Matt Smith restored the Whites' lead.

But Nolan was on hand late on to ensure the spoils were shared in what was an entertaining friendly match between the two London sides.

Northern Cottager

Riverside

Any more details on who else played ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ffc_beason

Moussa made his debut at Upton Park last year, why did he not score then :(
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

MikeR

Our 2nd team vs. their 2nd team, but still a good result against the team that sits 4th in the PL table.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

PaulJ123

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Doesn't doing well in irrelevant matches get you a shot in ones that count?
To be fair to Smith, he hasn't been given a chance. Its like Mitroglou under Felix.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Sgt Fulham

Considering we lost 3-0 there last season and we weren't playing our first team, and the fact that they sit 4th in the PL I would say that thats a decent result. I would like to see Smith used as a sub in a few games.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HatterDon on November 13, 2014, 08:02:19 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager linnk=topic=43991.msg607952#msg607952 date=1415904765
Matt Smith scored again...

He really does well in matches that count for nothing.

He cant do it in others if he isnt getting picked can he.. fp.gif

Jem

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 13, 2014, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 13, 2014, 08:02:19 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager linnk=topic=43991.msg607952#msg607952 date=1415904765
Matt Smith scored again...

He really does well in matches that count for nothing.

He cant do it in others if he isnt getting picked can he.. fp.gif
Fair comment.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

ffccornwall

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 13, 2014, 08:17:54 PM
Considering we lost 3-0 there last season and we weren't playing our first team, and the fact that they sit 4th in the PL I would say that thats a decent result. I would like to see Smith used as a sub in a few games.
Agree

Mhbruce

The Old Count

Why put the 'still can't defend' in front of a short match report.  Negativity for Negativity's sake.  Boring!

ChesterTheTabby

I count that as 7 games unbeaten with 3 wins and 4 draws, not as a poor defensive display. 4th place PL team? Yup I'd take it
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jimpav

Smith may be scoring in reserve matches but we have not been short of goals since Kit took over. Why try and fix the attack when it is not broken?

If the goals dry up and we start losing games then I'm all for giving him a start - until then I'm happy with McCormack and Rodders.

Hong Kong Fulham fan

spoonffc

Quote from: Jimpav on November 13, 2014, 10:17:17 PM
Smith may be scoring in reserve matches but we have not been short of goals since Kit took over. Why try and fix the attack when it is not broken?

If the goals dry up and we start losing games then I'm all for giving him a start - until then I'm happy with McCormack and Rodders.

I agree, however there have been times when Kit should have brought him off the bench when we needed a goal. - Blackpool in particular.

fiveclack

Good result against an in form team. With international week I'm pretty sure it was nowhere close to the team sitting 4th in the PL. Vaz te, Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll? Anyone have the team sheets as would be interesting to see both line ups.

DeuceBigelow

Did George Williams play? Call me cynical, but aren't West Ham after him?
Riverside Block W