https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz off. Fofana on. Immediately!

Started by FFCsince64, November 27, 2014, 05:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on November 29, 2014, 11:45:55 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 27, 2014, 11:59:41 PM
For Forfana's sake he will not see the first team. Doubt he will see a squad. But good luck to him anyway.
Doubt ManCity would have loaned him just to play in the under 21s, he could do that in Manchester. Regular sub for Ruiz or Parker is my guess, and a starter if there are injuries.

As I said in the post afterwards I may have to eat my words.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

K33NY

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 28, 2014, 11:06:46 AM
Our formation needs to change. Playing ruiz on the right wing is no different from playing Holtby there last year. Probably worse because ruiz is slower.

Call me old fashioned but I'd either like 442 with Ruiz dropped because he doesn't fit in or 4411 with Ruiz behind a goalscorer. We play with no width and rely on a kid (williams), zverotic and stafylidis for deliveries into the box.  There doesn't seem to be a balance to our style and although results have improved, performances overall haven't.  

I'm not being negative, I like to think of it as trying to be realistic rather than manufacturing a formation to cram all our 'best players' in.

For me it's ruiz OR mcormack behind a goalscorer (Hugo for now). With two proper wide men and a defensive disciplined midfielder to give parker a bit more freedom. I prefer parker driving forward with the ball and I think he's wasted just sitting there helping out burn/bod.

I like ruiz but Ruiz needs to fit the team and not the team fit around him. Especially after paying the earth for mcormack.  I'm intrigued to see how good this lad from city is, it was only a few months ago twitter and this forum went wild for an Arsenal wonder kid who turned out to just be eisfeld. So ill reserve judgement and excitement until I've seen him in the flesh. I have no problem dropping ruiz for him if he turns out to be what we need though.

At least kit is trying to bring players in, January will tell us what our potential will be

Ruiz doesnt play right wing he plays CAM role..... which from what I have seen and learned is his natural role, whic he is stil crap in....

He was such a clutz today, and slow, I dont want to see him play again but I guess I have to wait a long time for that to happen... probably a good guy and all that but I am tired of seeing all that clumsy play of his

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: K33NY on November 29, 2014, 05:06:01 PM
Our formation needs to change. Playing ruiz on the right wing is no different from playing Holtby there last year. Probably worse because ruiz is slower.

Call me old fashioned but I'd either like 442 with Ruiz dropped because he doesn't fit in or 4411 with Ruiz behind a goalscorer. We play with no width and rely on a kid (williams), zverotic and stafylidis for deliveries into the box.  There doesn't seem to be a balance to our style and although results have improved, performances overall haven't. 

I'm not being negative, I like to think of it as trying to be realistic rather than manufacturing a formation to cram all our 'best players' in.

For me it's ruiz OR mcormack behind a goalscorer (Hugo for now). With two proper wide men and a defensive disciplined midfielder to give parker a bit more freedom. I prefer parker driving forward with the ball and I think he's wasted just sitting there helping out burn/bod.

I like ruiz but Ruiz needs to fit the team and not the team fit around him. Especially after paying the earth for mcormack.  I'm intrigued to see how good this lad from city is, it was only a few months ago twitter and this forum went wild for an Arsenal wonder kid who turned out to just be eisfeld. So ill reserve judgement and excitement until I've seen him in the flesh. I have no problem dropping ruiz for him if he turns out to be what we need though.

At least kit is trying to bring players in, January will tell us what our potential will be

Ruiz doesnt play right wing he plays CAM role..... which from what I have seen and learned is his natural role, whic he is stil crap in....

He was such a clutz today, and slow, I dont want to see him play again but I guess I have to wait a long time for that to happen... probably a good guy and all that but I am tired of seeing all that clumsy play of his

He didn't play on the wing today but in other games he was allegedly in front of zverotic and kept drifting in. Hence why we never had any width. He was more central today because mcormack and lvc seemed to be playing wider.

I totally get why you don't like him. I don't dislike him as much as you but he is very slow and frustrating.  A gifted player but very over rated. He isn't suited to English football and hasn't really adapted in 3 and half years. He was getting stuck in today and second half was much better but he does nowhere near enough overall.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

@jolslover

I actually thought he was really good today, but hey ho thats football, everyone's got a different opinion
STH H3

HatterDon

Gentleman Jim couldn't stop talking about how well he played. But it doesn't matter to some.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

snarks

The thing with Ruiz, and I noticed that I was doing it during the game, when he lost it, it was FFS Bryan what are you doing, when he did things well I just ignored it. Overall his performance in the first half was the same as Scotty's - patchy, the 2nd half was so much better as a team

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: snarks on November 30, 2014, 08:44:39 AM
The thing with Ruiz, and I noticed that I was doing it during the game, when he lost it, it was FFS Bryan what are you doing, when he did things well I just ignored it. Overall his performance in the first half was the same as Scotty's - patchy, the 2nd half was so much better as a team

But the key thing here is Ruiz as much as his fan club believes he is too good for this level of football and Fulham for that matter. Even before he signed he admitted he didn't really want to come to us.

So i think most fans who pick on him want him to prove he's the best and far too good for this division. Parker doesn't have that mentality and he's happy here as is Hugo now.

Ruiz blows hot and cold, when he's good he's good but when he's bad he's bad. No matter what level were playing at. Prove your outstanding Bryan.  

Last year our scapegoat was senderos which was out of order. He wasn't brilliant but he knew that.  He was happy at Fulham,  respected Fulham and most importantly tried his best.

Ruiz berbatov and bent should have been the scapegoats.  There game scrutinised to find ways of improving them because we depended on them to win. They thought they were superior to our standard and their wages were the highest yet they were just as much to blame as senderos!

It's the same this year, ruiz parker Amorebieta mcormack and Hugo should be guiding this team and carrying us through a handful of matches on their own. I don't like it when a scapegoat is the type of person who is picked last for something all the time or the one who is clearly not as good as everyone else. I much prefer to see the 'best ones' prove they are the best and if they don't they should be the ones questions are asked of.

I'm always criticising zverotic but it's not his fault we lose. There's a difference between identifying the teams weakness and blaming every defeat on the same person. Grimmer weren't brilliant but did ok for his debut and zverotic did well when he came on yesterday but kit was right to drop him. Providing the big guns get dropped when they don't pull there weight. Which was jol's biggest mistake with his favourites. 
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

My take on yesterday was that after 20 mins Ruiz should have been dragged off. Two lazy passes and three headers (that he at least jumped for) that went the wrong way. He got steadily worse after that, getting caught in possession etc but did improve slightly in the second half (half time PCP injection maybe?).

And if that Fofana is better than anything we have in our academy then our youth system isn't as good as we are led to believe. I think I counted three time where his foot totally missed the ball. Room for improvement shall we say.

Fulham1959

Quote from: leonffc on November 30, 2014, 10:08:02 AM
And if that Fofana is better than anything we have in our academy then our youth system isn't as good as we are led to believe. I think I counted three time where his foot totally missed the ball. Room for improvement shall we say.

Bit harsh to judge Fofana on one substitute appearance less than a week (?) after joining the club from 'up North'.

leonffc

Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 30, 2014, 10:32:21 AM
Quote from: leonffc on November 30, 2014, 10:08:02 AM

Bit harsh to judge Fofana on one substitute appearance less than a week (?) after joining the club from 'up North'.

Then Kit shouldn't have thrown him in if he wasn't ready. Poor management.

Skatzoffc

Totally

Call me old fashioned but I'd either like 442 with Ruiz dropped because he doesn't fit in or 4411 with Ruiz behind a goalscorer. We play with no width and rely on a kid (williams), zverotic and stafylidis for deliveries into the box.  There doesn't seem to be a balance to our style and although results have improved, performances overall haven't. 

I like ruiz but Ruiz needs to fit the team and not the team fit around him. Especially after paying the earth for mcormack.  I'm intrigued to see how good this lad from city is, it was only a few months ago twitter and this forum went wild for an Arsenal wonder kid who turned out to just be eisfeld. So ill reserve judgement and excitement until I've seen him in the flesh. I have no problem dropping ruiz for him if he turns out to be what we need though.

Totally agree Danny.
Hopefully he will be the partner  Parker requires to shape the team properly.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !