News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham player least fit to wear the kit.

Started by robert, November 29, 2014, 05:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jags24

Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2014, 02:09:27 PM
Quote from: jags24 on December 01, 2014, 02:03:10 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2014, 01:32:58 PM
How do I use the ignore button? had enough of this rubbish, one comment too many

Well, I had to endure your silliness over the fullbacks thread, so whatever.
Silliness because I actually came back at you with a coherent argument on their positioning against wide men. The thing you miss watching a game on TV is the full width of the pitch and off the ball positioning.

But forgetting all that at least I did not accuse all fulham fans of being racist as you did earlier in a post that was deleted.

That isn't really what happened now - you posted a strange question using tactical graphics which failed to demonstrate that the entire defense shifts in relation to the ball.  Later you came around and agreed with me, but then you come on here but have nothing concrete to add.  And as for Berbatov, Monaco is paying him 5.6mn.  I am not alone in rating him as a player.  Yes, he is 33 and a bit past his prime, but I already demonstrated my case that last season was not his fault by showing that Dempsey couldn't function either, and he was voted 4th best player in the premier league two years earlier while playing for us.

But maybe Dempsey and Berbatov shouldn't get those accolades.  They should all belong to Steve Sidwell.  The red-haired genius who is the master of the two-footed tackle late in the game when the team has a one-goal lead they are trying to protect.

MJG

Quote from: jags24 on December 01, 2014, 02:52:42 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2014, 02:09:27 PM
Quote from: jags24 on December 01, 2014, 02:03:10 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2014, 01:32:58 PM
How do I use the ignore button? had enough of this rubbish, one comment too many

Well, I had to endure your silliness over the fullbacks thread, so whatever.
Silliness because I actually came back at you with a coherent argument on their positioning against wide men. The thing you miss watching a game on TV is the full width of the pitch and off the ball positioning.

But forgetting all that at least I did not accuse all fulham fans of being racist as you did earlier in a post that was deleted.

That isn't really what happened now - you posted a strange question using tactical graphics which failed to demonstrate that the entire defense shifts in relation to the ball.  Later you came around and agreed with me, but then you come on here but have nothing concrete to add.  And as for Berbatov, Monaco is paying him 5.6mn.  I am not alone in rating him as a player.  Yes, he is 33 and a bit past his prime, but I already demonstrated my case that last season was not his fault by showing that Dempsey couldn't function either, and he was voted 4th best player in the premier league two years earlier while playing for us.

But maybe Dempsey and Berbatov shouldn't get those accolades.  They should all belong to Steve Sidwell.  The red-haired genius who is the master of the two-footed tackle late in the game when the team has a one-goal lead they are trying to protect.
I came on here and gave the player as Mark Cooper being the least fit to wear a shirt.
I then said that Hicks should not be on the list.
I got involved with you in this discussion because you  basically said Fulham fans are racist and that none of the players picked were white.

EDIT: I had no interest in getting involved in the Sidewll/Haynes/Berbatov discussion because others were showing you to be incorrect anyway.

dannyboi-ffc

Jags24 come on now, it's getting silly. Ruiz cost us a lot of money for little return, bent us on 70,000 a week and taarabt  had an awful attitude. I'm not a massive fan of all 3 and I'm certainly not racist.

My all time favourite player is Boa Morte which proves I'm not. How many fans dislike King Louis Saha or Jean Tigana? How many have mentioned dembele as a disgrace? Zesh Rehman was the leagues only Pakistan/Asian player at one point but he was treated no different to anyone else despite being terrible.

What's the most popular chants of today's Fulham?  HUGO! HUGO! HUGO! A black Columbian from a country not a million miles away from Ruiz. The other is "take me Home AL FAYED." An Egyptian controversial man with a high profile anger against our royal family yet he is held very close to most Fulham fans hearts.

You're also ignoring how much hate there is for the likes of Michael brown, a white English man who was a nasty embarrassment.  

Stop looking like most ethnic minorities do for ways to feel discriminated against. There's no connection to the dislike for bent or taarabt, it's not even coincidence because there's just as many English whites that are unpopular. You have a hate for sidwell, but I wouldn't dream of playing the racist card.

You are talking yourself into a reputation as a WUM.  Try thinking before you type certain things, Fulham fans are not racist.

And thanks for the nice comments about my posting, I do try. If you're serious about Fulham though I would research some basic history to help you understand the club better. It can't be easy living in America and not going to many if any games. Trust me you don't get Fulham properly until you've experienced the cottage even if it's just once. Fulham means more than winning or having players like berbatov
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 01, 2014, 03:18:35 PM
Jags24 come on now, it's getting silly. Ruiz cost us a lot of money for little return, bent us on 70,000 a week and taarabt  had an awful attitude. I'm not a massive fan of all 3 and I'm certainly not racist.

My all time favourite player is Boa Morte which proves I'm not. How many fans dislike King Louis Saha or Jean Tigana? How many have mentioned dembele as a disgrace? Zesh Rehman was the leagues only Pakistan/Asian player at one point but he was treated no different to anyone else despite being terrible.

What's the most popular chants of today's Fulham?  HUGO! HUGO! HUGO! A black Columbian from a country not a million miles away from Ruiz. The other is "take me Home AL FAYED." An Egyptian controversial man with a high profile fuel against our royal family yet he is held very close to most Fulham fans hearts.

You're also ignoring how much hate there is for the likes of Michael brown, a white English man who was a nasty embarrassment. 

Stop looking like most ethnic minorities do for ways to feel discriminated against. There's no connection to the dislike for bent or taarabt, it's not even coincidence because there's just as many English whites that are unpopular. You have a hate for sidwell, but I wouldn't dream of playing the racist card.

You are talking yourself into a reputation as a WUM.  Try thinking before you type certain things, Fulham fans are not racist

Quote from: jags24 on December 01, 2014, 02:47:15 PM
Oh I think that racism is endemic to English, and moreover, European football, and if you haven't been seeing that, then I wonder what rock you are hiding under.  And I wonder why Bryan Ruiz has a negative thread written about him every week in spite of the fact that he is playing well.  And no coincidence that ethnic minorities Bent and Taarabt are most listed here as least fit to wear the shirt.

As for the whole Haynes thing, maybe I was being overly enthusiastic about Berbatov last night, and yes of course Haynes is really the greater player just in the sense that he spent eleven years here, even if his ability to finish or receive the ball couldn't possibly compare to Berba.  But what Epsomraver says is just absurd - Berbatov as worst player.  That is laughable - he scored 15 goals for us and as I said earlier I made a concrete argument that his season was better than when he won the Golden Boot.

Now Sidwell, yes, he ran hard.  If he didn't he'd be out of the league because he is so slow.  Not only is he slow, but he often runs in the wrong direction, and when he gets to the player with the ball, he can't stop running and slow down in a measured way, he just runs right through the guy.  And about the racism bit, your xenophobia is apparent just in your comments towards me - I don't even need to prove it, people can just go and read the thread.

But other than Danny-boi and the Haynes argument, has anyone here really provided decent counter-arguments?  No, you've provided claims that you are longtime Fulham fans and I am American and therefore I must be wrong and then you've had your other posters with 7000 posts back up the posters with the 8000 posts, but even with 8000 posts, you could have 8 million posts and it wouldn't matter - you still fail to understand the game.  Which is truly sad.

This has gotten out of control. There is no point in me even responding to you on this thread, but I will for one last little message that has already seemed to have been stated by everyone on this board. In the very beginning you said that Sidwell did not represent what Fulham stands for...I think by this point, my fine fellow, it is obvious that it is YOU who does not understand or represent what Fulham stands for. QPR and Chelsea are accepting applications for more ignoramus to join their numbers, i'm sure you meet the criteria with ease with what you have been spewing on this thread. Good Day, and Good Night.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

dannyboi-ffc

And as for berbatov is the best in the last 14 years..... If you make it 16 I'd say Saha was more talented than Berbatov.  

Saha was the complete footballer, he could do everything. A more Athletic version of Didier Drogba and only didn't last at man utd because of injuries.

Wayne Rooney played with both and claimed saha was the best partner he's ever played with. Add to that saha's best career was with Fulham and Berbatov's career was better at spurs and utd. I'd happily say saha was more gifted and greater for us.  Maybe saha would still count for last 14 years because it was in that time he proved good enough to interest utd but his best year was 16 years ago.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

snarks

Hey C'mon sidwell's a special one (g inger) what more of a disadvantaged group could there be

jags24

Quote from: maoconnor on December 01, 2014, 03:27:08 PM

In the very beginning you said that Sidwell did not represent what Fulham stands for...I think by this point, my fine fellow, it is obvious that it is YOU who does not understand or represent what Fulham stands for.

Maybe you're right.  Maybe Fulham stands for reckless tackles, being out to position, carelessly lunging or sticking a leg out, and making late-game defensive errors which lead to disastrous goals.  At least, that's what it stood for last year.  My mistake - I thought that Fulham was supposed to stand for something else.

jags24

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 01, 2014, 03:52:07 PM
And as for berbatov is the best in the last 14 years..... If you make it 16 I'd say Saha was more talented than Berbatov. 

Saha was the complete footballer, he could do everything. A more Athletic version of Didier Drogba and only didn't last at man utd because of injuries.

Wayne Rooney played with both and claimed saha was the best partner he's ever played with. Add to that saha's best career was with Fulham and Berbatov's career was better at spurs and utd. I'd happily say saha was more gifted and greater for us.  Maybe saha would still count for last 14 years because it was in that time he proved good enough to interest utd but his best year was 16 years ago.

Saha was another player who took his fair share of criticism, but yes he was very talented.  Yet not as talented as Berbatov.

jags24

Jags24 come on now, it's getting silly. Ruiz cost us a lot of money for little return, bent us on 70,000 a week and taarabt  had an awful attitude. I'm not a massive fan of all 3 and I'm certainly not racist.

What's the most popular chants of today's Fulham?  HUGO! HUGO! HUGO! A black Columbian from a country not a million miles away from Ruiz. The other is "take me Home AL FAYED." An Egyptian controversial man with a high profile anger against our royal family yet he is held very close to most Fulham fans hearts.

You are talking yourself into a reputation as a WUM.  Try thinking before you type certain things, Fulham fans are not racist.

And thanks for the nice comments about my posting, I do try. If you're serious about Fulham though I would research some basic history to help you understand the club better. It can't be easy living in America and not going to many if any games. Trust me you don't get Fulham properly until you've experienced the cottage even if it's just once. Fulham means more than winning or having players like berbatov

Right but some of those players, for instance Ruiz got destroyed last year by being played out on the wing.  It was a failed idea that for some strange reason was brought back into effect by Kit for one game a couple weeks ago, only to once again confirm that he can't play there.  Ruiz was completely misused last year, while Sidwell got to start every game in his most favored position.  Even the match against ManU, Rene kept Sidwell as a CM, but then we blew the game because Sidwell failed to make a late tackle (swing and miss) and then a ManU MFer scored.

As far as Taarabt goes, yes there were character flaws, but Taarabt entered the season very excited and energized to play at Fulham.  He destroyed Arsenal early on in what was his first outing, but instead of being played, Jol put him on the sidelines and we didn't see him again for three weeks, which made no sense whatsoever.  It seemed that whenever Taarabt played well, he never returned to the lineup anyways and that isn't much of a motivator you know.

As for Bent, well he was 30 years old, most speedsters begin to lose it at about that time, witness Michael Owen.  Bent had a couple winning goals for us but again as a forward in last year's team, no support.  So Sidwell winds up being the leading scorer, and indeed he put in a few crackers but that was in spite of his overall suspect play.

But the other Prem teams see Sidwell's goals and sure enough there is demand - enough demand for Sidwell to sign with Stoke, only to once again have a late foul and blow a game for Stoke!  It never ends, meanwhile, Bryan, who is easily a more skilled player than Sidwell, gets no interest whatsoever.  Well, since then Bryan excelled at the WC and here at Fulham once a manager was found who was reasonable enough to insert him in the lineup.  My point being about these players is that a lot of it came down to how they were (or weren't used), not that they were really so bad.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: jags24 on December 01, 2014, 04:29:32 PM

What's the most popular chants of today's Fulham?  HUGO! HUGO! HUGO! A black Columbian from a country not a million miles away from Ruiz. The other is "take me Home AL FAYED." An Egyptian controversial man with a high profile anger against our royal family yet he is held very close to most Fulham fans hearts.

You are talking yourself into a reputation as a WUM.  Try thinking before you type certain things, Fulham fans are not racist.

Right but some of those players, for instance Ruiz got destroyed last year by being played out on the wing.  It was a failed idea that for some strange reason was brought back into effect by Kit for one game a couple weeks ago, only to once again confirm that he can't play there.  Ruiz was completely misused last year, while Sidwell got to start every game in his most favored position.  Even the match against ManU, Rene kept Sidwell as a CM, but then we blew the game because Sidwell failed to make a late tackle (swing and miss) and then a ManU MFer scored.

As far as Taarabt goes, yes there were character flaws, but Taarabt entered the season very excited and energized to play at Fulham.  He destroyed Arsenal early on in what was his first outing, but instead of being played, Jol put him on the sidelines and we didn't see him again for three weeks, which made no sense whatsoever.  It seemed that whenever Taarabt played well, he never returned to the lineup anyways and that isn't much of a motivator you know.

As for Bent, well he was 30 years old, most speedsters begin to lose it at about that time, witness Michael Owen.  Bent had a couple winning goals for us but again as a forward in last year's team, no support.  So Sidwell winds up being the leading scorer, and indeed he put in a few crackers but that was in spite of his overall suspect play.

But the other Prem teams see Sidwell's goals and sure enough there is demand - enough demand for Sidwell to sign with Stoke, only to once again have a late foul and blow a game for Stoke!  It never ends, meanwhile, Bryan, who is easily a more skilled player than Sidwell, gets no interest whatsoever.  Well, since then Bryan excelled at the WC and here at Fulham once a manager was found who was reasonable enough to insert him in the lineup.  My point being about these players is that a lot of it came down to how they were (or weren't used), not that they were really so bad.

That has nothing to do with what I said though.  I didn't ask you why you dislike sidwell and stick up for bent taarabt and ruiz. I just pointed out you're being ridiculous suggesting they were picked on because of their race.

To the other post about saha, saha was better than Berbatov and more gifted. Berbatov was very one dimensional. Very good touch etc but there was many parts of his game that weren't great.  Saha didn't really have a weakness and could fit into any system.  He was the best at playing up top on his own as well.

You're not telling me anything I don't know about sidwell,  I didn't rate him but he was not a disgrace and he wasn't dirty. He was just slow and mistimed tackles, he wasn't malicious.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

ffc_beason

Didn't Sidwell score one and assist one that Man U game?
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

Ubik

jags24

That has nothing to do with what I said though.  I didn't ask you why you dislike sidwell and stick up for bent taarabt and ruiz. I just pointed out you're being ridiculous suggesting they were picked on because of their race.

To the other post about saha, saha was better than Berbatov and more gifted. Berbatov was very one dimensional. Very good touch etc but there was many parts of his game that weren't great.  Saha didn't really have a weakness and could fit into any system.  He was the best at playing up top on his own as well.

You're not telling me anything I don't know about sidwell,  I didn't rate him but he was not a disgrace and he wasn't dirty. He was just slow and mistimed tackles, he wasn't malicious.
Well, I think that there are far more racial undercurrents than you are cognizant of, and in fact foreigners and minority players get picked on much more often than you think, not only by the fans but also by teammates.  It has been a classic American story there - even Dempsey got benched for being an American every time a new manager appeared at Fulham.  Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it isn't there - witness the endless Ruiz threads or even this thread, where I get jumped on for being an American just for expressing my opinion.