News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham player least fit to wear the kit.

Started by robert, November 29, 2014, 05:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

I was about to write what a negative post this was, until I saw Mr. Fernhurst mention Michael Brown. For me, the most despicable player to wear our shirt. Good post!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

The Enclosurite

I hope Stockdale or Hughes put one on Bent in the dressing room after the game.
¡COYW!

Putney

Quote from: Jem on November 29, 2014, 09:25:49 PM
I was about to write what a negative post this was, until I saw Mr. Fernhurst mention Michael Brown. For me, the most despicable player to wear our shirt. Good post!

And to think he was our captain at one point too.

Snibbo

Mokes

Quote from: Baszab on November 29, 2014, 06:47:24 PM
Mitroglou =- he had no interest on playing/training WHATSOEVER

That is pure speculation. Felix immediately froze out Mitroglou, Ruiz and Stek and gave them no chance and (allegedly) treated them like dogs by making them train away from the first team, Stek ended up refusing all together. Ruiz has been given a chance by Kit and has shown plenty of desire to be in the side and done well. Mitroglou had an Injury and when he was eventually fit was given one game to do it all but it was more convenient to use him as a scapegoat so that was the roll he played.

Mitroglou wanted to play, when he was asked why he was not playing he coldly replied, "ask the manager". Felix made up his mind and said they're not getting a go. It would be interesting to see how it would have panned out if Rene was not shafted immediately after signing him.

We probably never will see him play again as his transfer fee is more valuable to us than another striker as scoring goals is not our problem at the moment. If he was up top with Ruiz, LVC and McCormack playing him in he would be a huge asset in the championship. Rodders has stepped up though and we have a fair bit of depth up front so he will be most likely be sold, to re invest in our defence.

Bent however was given more chances then he deserved and proved to be useless.

Mokes

Quote from: jags24 on November 29, 2014, 08:53:47 PM
Taarabt had some bright moments, particularly a really wonderful showing against Arsenal.  But the character flaws were there for all to see.  Well, I've only supported the club a few years, so my history is pretty shallow.

My vote, however surprisingly, lies with Steve Sidwell.  He was completely undisciplined, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, receiving cards and missing tackles.  That has to have been my least favorite Fulham players.

Jags, Sidwell was one of about 3 players to come out of last season with any integrity whatsoever. He got a few cards because he actually put everything into making his tackles rather than the half assed defending the rest of the team showed.

jags24

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 29, 2014, 09:05:23 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on November 29, 2014, 08:58:47 PM
Taarabt had some bright moments, particularly a really wonderful showing against Arsenal.  But the character flaws were there for all to see.  Well, I've only supported the club a few years, so my history is pretty shallow.

My vote, however surprisingly, lies with Steve Sidwell.  He was completely undisciplined, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, receiving cards and missing tackles.  That has to have been my least favorite Fulham players.

what what waaaaat???

If I didn't understand this Jags geezer better, I would think he was having a laugh.
Unfortunately I think he believes what he wrote.
Who was our top goal scorer and hardest worker last year ?

Perhaps it's the initials that have confused him

Haha, Roger.  Well, here is my critique of Steve Sidwell.  Yes, he scored the occasional goal, particularly last year, but the year before he was pretty much useless, and the team finally won some games in the stint where he was absent in the spring of 2013.

Moreover, he lunges into tackles.  He often made defensive errors late in games, including and often just outside the 18 yard box, which would result in a late and devastating goal.  He would lunge and swing and miss - when he was in the correct position at all.

Rene realized his uselessness and started Kara alongside Parker, but the trouble was that Kara couldn't go all 90 minutes and Sidwell was even more useless as a sub.  So he wound up reverting to Sidwell over Kara, and the losses then began to mount again.

Fernhurst

I have one more candidate I took a dislike too, however others may know him better and my one brush with him may be discoloured.

Managed to blag some hospitality in the early nineties ( pre Maf days) and ended up in the players bar after the game.
Glen Thomas (former captain) was in attendance, although not playing that day giving it large how he had been offered a new contract at £1300 per week and had told Fulham where they could stuff it.

My opinion of him that day could not have been lower
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mokes

It's a bit harsh, because his time with us overall was pretty good and he scored some huge goals for us, but, at the end Zamora was a jerk. Instead of thinking of him as an integral part of our best ever season, I just look at him as being a bellend that would cup his ear at his own fans after scoring 1 goal in 30 odd attempts, most of which terrorised the spectators that were sitting in row Q.   

ChesterTheTabby

Taarabt had some bright moments, particularly a really wonderful showing against Arsenal.  But the character flaws were there for all to see.  Well, I've only supported the club a few years, so my history is pretty shallow.

My vote, however surprisingly, lies with Steve Sidwell.  He was completely undisciplined, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, receiving cards and missing tackles.  That has to have been my least favorite Fulham players.

...how long have you been watching Fulham? You are very much entitle to your opinion, and I will respect it, but to say Steve Sidwell...you must be joking, surely. How can he of all people have been your least favorite player?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jags24

Quote from: maoconnor on November 29, 2014, 11:54:14 PM

...how long have you been watching Fulham? You are very much entitle to your opinion, and I will respect it, but to say Steve Sidwell...you must be joking, surely. How can he of all people have been your least favorite player?

I just detest him, I think he is reckless in the tackle and leaves his feet far too often, lunging in on the opposition, who quite frequently juke right by him.  I don't think he's very strong on the positioning, either.

I'm not the only one who doesn't rate him, I guess Stoke has picked him up so he has a fan in Mark Hughes, but only six appearances so far suggests that he is there more for squad depth than to be an important player.

jags24

Here he fouls a QPR player and the guy nails a free kick in the 88th minute to cost Stoke a victory:

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premier-league/match/395721/queens-park-rangers-stoke-city/report

Same old Sidwell act.  It worked on a struggling Fulham side, but it won't work on a good team.  People are fooled by his goals last year.

Sgt Fulham

Out of all the players to choose from and you pick Sidwell? Maybe if you analysed the failings of every player in such depth then you'd find far worse players than Sidwell...

My vote goes to Michael Brown. Detestable character.

EJL

Quote from: the nutflush on November 29, 2014, 08:48:14 PM

How do you know that?  Did you take the reins at training for Felix or did Felix just tell you this? 
I think Hangeland was the one who criticised Mitroglou for being "fat and lazy", or something like that.

HatterDon

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 29, 2014, 06:52:25 PM
Peter Storey
Terry Hurlock
Michael Brown

I don't know about the first two gents, but I take your word for it since you included Brown. He is the greatest embarrassment to wear the Fulham strip in the 10 seasons I've been following the club.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fernhurst

Just a flavour of Peter Storey......

True Storey is the compelling autobiography of notorious 1970s football legend Peter Storey, dubbed 'the bastard's bastard', who gained a reputation for ultra-violence on the pitch and had a capacity to find even greater trouble off it - a fact borne out by a string of criminal convictions and several jail sentences.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

dannyboi-ffc

I detest brown!!!!! Up until yesterday he was a clear winner for this subject but after bents celebration I'm not so sure. Both a disgrace for different reasons but I think they draw.

I don't know what's harder to believe...
1) a club would be stupid enough to pay bent 70,000 a week
2) Michael Brown was a Fulham captain for a whole season!!!

Both quite incredible yet painful at the same time.

Just a word on sidwell, for his heart and kind nature as a person he doesn't deserve to be mentioned here.  This is player not fit to wear our shirt, I don't think sidwell fits that ttitle. Having said that I did not rate sidwell at all. Very average and apart from bagging the odd goal he was a liability. Reckless and always running around tirelessly, but not because he had an amazing work rate. It was because he was never in control and opposition midfield had him all over the place.

The fact he was our best player last year makes it obvious why we went down.

To say he was the worst in this particular thread is ridiculous though considering some of the embarrassments we've witnessed.  So not a very good player YES but a disgrace to the club? NO WAY!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

K33NY

Quote from: EJL on November 30, 2014, 02:35:29 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on November 29, 2014, 08:48:14 PM

How do you know that?  Did you take the reins at training for Felix or did Felix just tell you this? 
I think Hangeland was the one who criticised Mitroglou for being "fat and lazy", or something like that.

your right, I heard saw a interview with him on Norwegian TV2 which is covering PL and Championship, and he said straight out on TV Mitro didnt give an effort on training and was the most lazy player he had ever seen