News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham player least fit to wear the kit.

Started by robert, November 29, 2014, 05:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Yes I heard first hand that he couldn't even keep up with a lap round MP pitches - no I won't say who told me because that would be stupid wouldn't it ?

Tonywa

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 29, 2014, 11:05:30 PM
I have one more candidate I took a dislike too, however others may know him better and my one brush with him may be discoloured.

Managed to blag some hospitality in the early nineties ( pre Maf days) and ended up in the players bar after the game.
Glen Thomas (former captain) was in attendance, although not playing that day giving it large how he had been offered a new contract at £1300 per week and had told Fulham where they could stuff it.

My opinion of him that day could not have been lower

I remember booing him every time he touched the ball for several months after that.  If memory saves there was another player in a similar situation at the same time, but I have forgotten who it was.

Humbled

Domino 1879

Fotheringham without a doubt, sunday pub footballer..............and Eddie Johnson (possibly Roy's worst signing)

dannyboi-ffc

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

epsomraver

reading comments likes Jags who I assume is American by the moniker I can understand why so many of the decent posters who used to grace this board don't bother anymore fp.gif

Twig

Quote from: epsomraver on November 30, 2014, 10:06:38 AM
reading comments likes Jags who I assume is American by the moniker I can understand why so many of the decent posters who used to grace this board don't bother anymore fp.gif

I share your view, to suggest that Steve Sidwell is even a remote candidate for someone least fit to wear a Fulham shirt is clearly a nonsense.  Frankly, despite our appalling last couple of years I don't think any of the recent squad members qualify for that dubious honour (recent managers yes, players less so), we have had far worse.  Storey and Brown have rightly been mentioned and I would probably add Frank Large to that mix, not a thug like the other two but a hopeless flop. Still I guess if you are a newish fan you might pick on Mitro although that ignores the fact that injuries played such a big part in his failure.

alfie

Mr E by your post I am assuming that this Jags chap is not entitled to his OWN opinion?, whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant, and I guess because of his opinion you are inferring he is not a decent poster.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Putney

Quote from: Domino 1879 on November 30, 2014, 09:26:20 AM
Fotheringham without a doubt, sunday pub footballer..............and Eddie Johnson (possibly Roy's worst signing)

As bad as Eddie Johnson was, at least he kept us amused.

Berserker

I think Sidwell was better last year than he was previous years with us, so I beleive he redeemed himself. Saying that I remember the time he was sent off with a red card for a bad tackle, then the first match on his return from suspension he got another red and was sent off again. Can't remember if Jol or Sparky was in charge then.
I like Steve but I always felt he was likely to make a rash challenge and get himself in trouble, although as I said I felt he did this less last year.
Anyhow I was still sad to see him leave us last summer
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: alfie on November 30, 2014, 10:25:58 AM

Mr E by your post I am assuming that this Jags chap is not entitled to his OWN opinion?, whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant, and I guess because of his opinion you are inferring he is not a decent poster.

Take it how you like Mr A but it is a fact that because of some inane posts on here a lot of those who I and others deem to be very knowledgeable about the club and the game have all left this forum or visit it very infrequently.A post about who would win a fight between  managers for example?

jags24

Quote from: epsomraver on November 30, 2014, 12:46:38 PM

Take it how you like Mr A but it is a fact that because of some inane posts on here a lot of those who I and others deem to be very knowledgeable about the club and the game have all left this forum or visit it very infrequently.A post about who would win a fight between  managers for example?

Well, I think that Americans can have something to say, too.  I remember that Sidwell received a lot of criticism from the blogger on soccernet and as I read it, I just could nod because I realized everything he said is true, and already felt the same way.

Last I could tell England didn't make it out of the first round of the World Cup - maybe their views need some examination as to whether players like Sidwell, no brains included, really are the bee's knees.  If we American posters are terrifying these ignorant types, is that really a loss now?

Yes Sidwell did better last year, but only in the context of the miserable campaign we had, and he doesn't make the players around him better and I don't think he is a team player.  But I'm sure if he is as fantastic as you claim that then his time at Stoke will be a smashing success.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Putney on November 30, 2014, 10:33:48 AM
Quote from: Domino 1879 on November 30, 2014, 09:26:20 AM

As bad as Eddie Johnson was, at least he kept us amused.

And at least Eddie Johnson played some games, how about Jari Litmanen?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

alfie

I agree with you regarding stupid posts, but what constitutes a decent poster, I do not agree with his opinion far from it in fact, but the guy gave his opinion that he believed was his honest answer, that that we don't agree with it is neither here nor there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jags24

Another faulty assumption a.k.a. the moniker being short for Ashkan Dejagah number 24 check avatar for reference.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: jags24 on November 30, 2014, 01:55:31 PM

Well, I think that Americans can have something to say, too.  I remember that Sidwell received a lot of criticism from the blogger on soccernet and as I read it, I just could nod because I realized everything he said is true, and already felt the same way.

Last I could tell England didn't make it out of the first round of the World Cup - maybe their views need some examination as to whether players like Sidwell, no brains included, really are the bee's knees.  If we American posters are terrifying these ignorant types, is that really a loss now?

Yes Sidwell did better last year, but only in the context of the miserable campaign we had, and he doesn't make the players around him better and I don't think he is a team player.  But I'm sure if he is as fantastic as you claim that then his time at Stoke will be a smashing success.

Brother, I also am American, and I respect your opinion, but you are taking this a little too far. Epsomrover is a fine chap with many years of history within and around the club. Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but I would suggest a deeper analysis into the team if Steve Sidwell is your man least fit to wear the jersey. Even if you only started watching Fulham two years ago, there is no logical reason why he should be named. The reasons you give, such as failing to be a team player, should be more pointed at players such as Berbatov or Bent (not claiming Berbatov, but in the last two years maybe Bent). Again, I'd suggest doing some research before crucifying Sidwell
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

VicHalomsLovechild

Jari Litmanen for me. If he ever did wear the shirt someone must have helped him on with it!

MrProphet

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on November 30, 2014, 04:47:07 PM
Jari Litmanen for me. If he ever did wear the shirt someone must have helped him on with it!

Good shout I'd chuck Lee cook in as well

jags24

Quote from: maoconnor on November 30, 2014, 03:24:07 PM
Quote from: jags24 on November 30, 2014, 01:55:31 PM

Brother, I also am American, and I respect your opinion, but you are taking this a little too far. Epsomrover is a fine chap with many years of history within and around the club. Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but I would suggest a deeper analysis into the team if Steve Sidwell is your man least fit to wear the jersey. Even if you only started watching Fulham two years ago, there is no logical reason why he should be named. The reasons you give, such as failing to be a team player, should be more pointed at players such as Berbatov or Bent (not claiming Berbatov, but in the last two years maybe Bent). Again, I'd suggest doing some research before crucifying Sidwell

Funny that you would suggest a deeper analysis when EpsomRaver provided no analysis whatsoever.  I have done research, and unfortunately, have watched Sidwell extensively, and I just don't rate him.  I provided my reasons, and look, I get it, Sidwell is capable of popping the occasional goal from the midfield.  But I don't think it equates to his defensive liabilities and reckless attitude on the pitch, and therefore I don't think he ought to represent what Fulham stands for.  And for the do more research comment, I really suggest that you do more research yourself, as opposed to just relying on the Goals Scored statistic, which is superficial.  Check out the nuances and see if he had the troubles which I have discussed.  Hope that helps.  As for EpsomRaver and his 8000 posts, I find his history meaningless.  Dick Cheney had a lot of experience and I wouldn't have said he did a terrific job or is hardly right about anything, although perhaps you'd care to disagree.