watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR- technical help

Started by YankeeJim, December 15, 2014, 12:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

I just bought a new 55" Samsung ultra high definition, curved "smart" TV. The tech told me that I can project images from my iPhone onto the screen. I'd like to watch Fulham High Lites on it. Anyone know how?
BTW, the picture is fantastic. Definitely look at Samsung if you are in the market. The picture is as good as plasma. Its like watching video tape it is so sharp.

:merry christmas:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 15, 2014, 12:38:00 AM
I just bought a new 55" Samsung ultra high definition, curved "smart" TV. The tech told me that I can project images from my iPhone onto the screen. I'd like to watch Fulham High Lites on it. Anyone know how?
BTW, the picture is fantastic. Definitely look at Samsung if you are in the market. The picture is as good as plasma. Its like watching video tape it is so sharp.

fries
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MayoDomo

It's going to be hard to help without knowing specifics. =(

What you can do is use the smart TV to connect to the internet and bring the highlights up without the use of your phone. Otherwise you're looking at some fairly complicated stuff without a 3rd party application or piece of hardware.

If you're interested in this sort of thing look into "Chromecast." It's a ~$50 piece of equipment that works wonders in connected devices to your TV.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

VicHalomsLovechild

You need to connect your phone and any other device's laptop etc wirelessly to the tv. Go to your settings and you'll find "connect devices." I'm away from home till Wednesday so can't be more specific than that without the tv and remote in front of me. I'll pm you then.

Jem

From the settings menu you should be able to link your mobile to the TV. I think it is called mirroring. Then go to select input on your controller and go across to mirroring. I use it to play music from my mobile through the TV.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

The Equalizer

Alternatively, just get an Apple TV box. It's very user friendly and allows you to mirror phone, iPad and Macbook, as well as stream music/videos/photos etc.. Nice bit of kit.

Out of interest, which particular model number is this? I'm going to be in the market for a new TV in the New Year and have been looking at the UE48HU7500, I assume your one is the UE55? According to What Hi-Fi they're the best 4K TVs on the market for a reasonable price, although I'd rather it was made by Sony or Panasonic so as not to be associated with that lot down the road.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on December 15, 2014, 01:43:26 AM

fries

I can't get anything by you, can I?  :005:

YankeeJim

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 15, 2014, 05:57:37 PM

fries

I can't get anything by you, can I Don?  :005:

Thanks to others for the impute. I'm working today so won't be home until the wee hours London time but will post the model number tomorrow. The installation tech said something about mirroring but a lot of what was said went by my aged brain. I'll look into it tomorrow.

HatterDon

fries

Nope, but try Kiraly.  :005:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

tommy

As far as I know only Samsung phones can mirror onto Samsung tv's. You can buy an Apple TV for £60 and then mirror your iPhone and iPad to that. Works perfectly.

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on December 15, 2014, 06:03:20 PM

fries

Nope, but try Kiraly.  :005:

Hey, even Kiraly has a clean sheet now & then.

ToodlesMcToot

a television that new and "high tech" will have apps of it's own......including Youtube and an Internet browser. If it doesn't have them pre-loaded, they should be downloadable.

likely, you can view at least the highlights that way rather than broadcasting it from your phone to the t.v.

as you likely know, Fulham publish their full games via Vimeo. I do not know if Samsung T.V.s have access to that app.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: tommy on December 15, 2014, 07:23:27 PM
As far as I know only Samsung phones can mirror onto Samsung tv's. You can buy an Apple TV for £60 and then mirror your iPhone and iPad to that. Works perfectly.

there is an app available (I've forgotten it since I switched to a Samsung phone) that will allow you to broadcast from iphone to samsung. I've done it before.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

YankeeJim

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 15, 2014, 08:04:50 PM
Quote from: tommy on December 15, 2014, 07:23:27 PM

there is an app available (I've forgotten it since I switched to a Samsung phone) that will allow you to broadcast from iphone to samsung. I've done it before.

The installation tech said that it can be done but that things that require Flash Player or Java would not. That is about the time my eyes glazed over.
I think I'll call my grand son, he's 10 and should be able to do it with ease.

watfordwhite

You will find the Samsung app on I tunes. Once installed use your remote. Check the source input, put this on mirroring and it will give you a code from the tv to confirm on the phone. Job done. Works well for me but I have both Samsung tv and phone. Hate Chelsea but dislike Apple more. Good luck.

VicHalomsLovechild

Just a thought I've got a Samsung smart tv and it picks up the internet wirelessly. I've just logged into the Offal and watch that way

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 15, 2014, 10:09:25 AM
Alternatively, just get an Apple TV box. It's very user friendly and allows you to mirror phone, iPad and Macbook, as well as stream music/videos/photos etc.. Nice bit of kit.

Out of interest, which particular model number is this? I'm going to be in the market for a new TV in the New Year and have been looking at the UE48HU7500, I assume your one is the UE55? According to What Hi-Fi they're the best 4K TVs on the market for a reasonable price, although I'd rather it was made by Sony or Panasonic so as not to be associated with that lot down the road.

I bought it at Best Buy. It is entitled Curved LED 4K Ultra Smart TV (telly to you English LOL). The model number is either UN55HU7250FXZA or SKU:8218007. At the same time I upgraded the TV in the bedroom to a Samsung 40" LED 1080p Smart HDTV  UN40H6203AFXZA SKU: 6084131. The 55 is superb and the 40" is of only slightly less quality. The big one went for $1299 US and the smaller for $379 US. Of course they than start selling you upgraded cables & all that. It was set up with a new $30 cable and than my signal provider (Dish Network) came out over a separate issue and sold me a $39 cable and I could see the difference. I had the missus take the first cable back. You could probably go to www.BestBuy.com to see the ad info on both.
Hope that helps.