watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, December 18, 2014, 08:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Records that had a brilliant guitar solo that you never expected from that particular music maker.  Mine...Goodbye to Love by The Carpenters.

092.gif   

WhiteJC

Quote from: bog on December 18, 2014, 08:58:20 PM
Records that had a brilliant guitar solo that you never expected from that particular music maker.  Mine...Goodbye to Love by The Carpenters.

092.gif   

and the buggers faded it!

HatterDon

Quote from: bog on December 18, 2014, 08:58:20 PM

092.gif   

The best example I can imagine
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bog

Yes they did fade it! I have to say I think there is no better. And that Karen Carpenter had voice laced with silk. 

092.gif

Holders

KC sang lovely and could play the drums as well.

I used to like the mandolin solo from Maggie May. Recently thought I'd try and learn to play it and surprised how simple it was. Don't know why John Peel mimed it, anyone could learn it in 5 minutes!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Quote from: Holders on December 19, 2014, 09:17:34 AM
KC sang lovely and could play the drums as well.

I used to like the mandolin solo from Maggie May. Recently thought I'd try and learn to play it and surprised how simple it was. Don't know why John Peel mimed it, anyone could learn it in 5 minutes!

Love that mandolin -I think recently read that it was Ray Jackson from Lindisfarne.

Agree -Karen Carpenter was a great drummer as well as singer - such a shame what happened to her.

bog

Holders, it would take me for ever to never learn!!

cmg

It's a pretty turgid number and Annafrid Lyngstad proves, even with more electronics than it takes to run the Space Shuttle, how vocally dependent she was on BB and A but Darryl Steurmer's guitar rescues the sinking ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXo_LXknYg

Frida - I Know There's Something Going On