watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Such fickle fans

Started by kempkong, December 30, 2014, 12:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egham White

I also left 2 mins before the end but that was because I felt like crap with a heavy cold. Normally I stay to the bitter end, or in Mondays case the very bitter end, brrrrrr
Everybody hurts sometime

NorfolkJim

Good point about the coaches

Its not meant to be a slight on any individual - It just seems to be a change in behavior that has grown up over the last decade or whatever.

Its been done to death in the past but I still wish, which is all I can do.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: HatterDon on December 30, 2014, 10:33:55 PM
Quote from: kempkong on December 30, 2014, 12:37:32 AM
I'm getting pretty sick of the fans on this site complaining and saying how poor kit is every time we lose and then talking of promotion every time we win. It's the same crack every week.

We are a mid table team this season at best and if we pull off something special and get somewhere near play offs we have done quite incredibly.

I hate to be the one to say it but it's football. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose even at home to a poor side. We are generally doing well so get behind the bloody team even when they play poorly. Write it off and move on.

I agree with this so wholeheartedly, I'm not even going to read the 2+ pages of people telling you you're wrong.

Very well said, sir  065.gif

Actually we are lower mid table @ present

You both are entitled to your opinions (even if HD you don't bother to read other posts)

However, by the same token every one else is also entitled to their opinions, some even quote facts

2 loses on the trot is very disappointing, even for us in the current state we are in, what we have suffered over the last season & the rebuild which is being attempted

To lose away to Bournemouth, well not unexpected really

To lose @ home against Brighton, without a manager & who hadn't won in their previous 7 games, totally unacceptable even given you can't win 'em all   

The mantra used to be along the lines of "having lost it's always about the response / the reaction to playing badly & losing"

It didn't happen - why not?

Down to Kit - most certainly as he is the manager

Down to the players (back @ home) - most certainly they must take part responsibility

Kit is a massive improvement on Magath - fact

Whether he is capable medium / longer term as a young, inexperienced manager?

Kit needs help not just more new players

An old head to help him, but who?

Anyway wishing all FFC fans, supporters, the club & the team a very Happy New Year - & much improved results in 2015!

MJG

We're we without a manager when Kit won his first game?

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on December 30, 2014, 08:37:40 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 30, 2014, 07:10:28 AM
I disagree with the OP, I praise and moan equally if we play well I say so and if we don't then I say so. Last night was one of those where we just didnt perform and I have the right t say so.

My only gripe with Kit is that he seems to play route one / long ball football and I do not believe that is 1) how we should play and 2) that we have the players to play that way.
:plus one: :plus one:
0001.jpeg
Nothing changes.

Peabody

How can we be playing route one, when we consistently pass the ball backwards? That, is what I find the most frustrating, we go forward and make a back pass and loose any momentum we may have gained

Ordar

Because it usually end up being passed back to Bettinelli who is more often than not under pressure who proceeds to hoof it forward, and we inevitable lose the ball

Apprentice to the Maestro

Yes, it is mainly down the the goalkeeper and the two centre backs to start our moves and their problem is that the midfield rarely make themselves available to receive the ball so we are left with the only option to hoof it to Smith, Hugo or Woodrow. And then our midfield are not looking to pick up the second ball so it usually ends up in the opposition's hands.

We have little width or other outlets for the ball.

Parker, in particular, frustrates me.  He tends to come back to wards  the defender with the ball who passes to him thinking he is our captain, most experienced player and central midfielder so he will take responsibility and develop the move but what does Parker do? He returns the ball to the defender who now has a man on him and who has no choice but to hoof it forward.

Compare Parker with Murphy and the midfield under Hodgson. Murphy was always making himself available and Murphy had Duff and Davies as outlets plus Zamora.

Peabody

Quote from: Ordar on April 16, 2015, 09:24:00 AM
Because it usually end up being passed back to Bettinelli who is more often than not under pressure who proceeds to hoof it forward, and we inevitable lose the ball

That's after he has had a think about, which usually lasts about five minutes. Result the same, we lose any momentum gained. Also Ordar, I am being a little facetious, is that allowed?