watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Such fickle fans

Started by kempkong, December 30, 2014, 12:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kempkong

I'm getting pretty sick of the fans on this site complaining and saying how poor kit is every time we lose and then talking of promotion every time we win. It's the same crack every week.

We are a mid table team this season at best and if we pull off something special and get somewhere near play offs we have done quite incredibly.

I hate to be the one to say it but it's football. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose even at home to a poor side. We are generally doing well so get behind the bloody team even when they play poorly. Write it off and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

I disagree that those on here are being fickle.

Yes, there has been great optimism when we win and, yes, there have been considerable doubts expressed when we lose. And if it were the same contributors who were posting these contrary opinions, it would be fair to say that they were fickle.

If you take note of the monikers, however, you will find that the optimists and the doubters are two different groups and that, actually, both camps have, thus far, been consistent in their views and far from fickle at all.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with what Arthur says, and it is important to respect those opinions of the optimists and the pessimists. My only slight gripe is that the timing of the posts.... Nowhere to be seen if we win, but all over the board the moment we lose, but each to their own.

If you want to see some fickle fans then you need to look no further than the mess that is going on at Newcastle at the moment, and even West ham to an extent earlier in the season.

Fulham have fallen a great height, and some simply expect better.

Arthur

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 30, 2014, 05:55:27 AM
My only slight gripe is that the timing of the posts.... Nowhere to be seen if we win, but all over the board the moment we lose, but each to their own.

True, but inevitable surely.

We've all seen the dismissive, Pavlovian reactions of: 'We won and still you're moaning!' to those who, after a victory, dare to suggest that maybe everything in the Fulham garden isn't a bed of roses.

westcliff white

I disagree with the OP, I praise and moan equally if we play well I say so and if we don't then I say so. Last night was one of those where we just didnt perform and I have the right t say so.

My only gripe with Kit is that he seems to play route one / long ball football and I do not believe that is 1) how we should play and 2) that we have the players to play that way.
Every day is a Fulham day

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: westcliff white on December 30, 2014, 07:10:28 AM
I disagree with the OP, I praise and moan equally if we play well I say so and if we don't then I say so. Last night was one of those where we just didnt perform and I have the right t say so.

My only gripe with Kit is that he seems to play route one / long ball football and I do not believe that is 1) how we should play and 2) that we have the players to play that way.
:plus one: :plus one:

PokerMatt

Agreed. Things aren't constantly bleak just as things aren't constantly rosy.

We shouldn't have been beaten by the manageress, second from bottom rabble without a midfield that turned us over last night, but the writing was on the wall for an away win, that's just what happens to us.

As far as I can see there's nothing positive to come out of last night. So why should there be positive posts?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Peppo

Agree completely. It's boringly predictable.

The Enclosurite

The games we play well in show us all the potential of the squad we have and what they are capable of.  I think that in turn magnifies the frustration from us fans who know we could/should be doing a lot better, that's why it's always so heated after a defeat or poor performance.

Frustration.
¡COYW!

epsomraver

Quote from: kempkong on December 30, 2014, 12:37:32 AM
I'm getting pretty sick of the fans on this site complaining and saying how poor kit is every time we lose and then talking of promotion every time we win. It's the same crack every week.

We are a mid table team this season at best and if we pull off something special and get somewhere near play offs we have done quite incredibly.

I hate to be the one to say it but it's football. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose even at home to a poor side. We are generally doing well so get behind the bloody team even when they play poorly. Write it off and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you sit there and freeze your nuts off watching that dross last night?

Burt

Yes... And what makes it all the more perplexing is that when he was in charge of the development squad the philosophy was much more keep it on the ground, pass and move. Strange that we are not seeing this with the first team.

Lighthouse

As a negative who at the moment is more positive. It is simply the case of most football fans who will over praise when their club wins and are overcritical when we lose. I look at last night as a positive. Had Brighton played like us and we had won 2-0. There would be fans talking about how many points away from the play offs we are and telling us we really have a great squad with a future.

Now we know that we still badly need investment in the side. I have no idea if we will ever get it in the right places. But we can stop pretending that we are anything but what we are. A struggling side whose complete lack of investment and mismanagement in the past has brought us to our knees.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

colinwhite

Quote from: Burt on December 30, 2014, 10:06:54 AM

Yes... And what makes it all the more perplexing is that when he was in charge of the development squad the philosophy was much more keep it on the ground, pass and move. Strange that we are not seeing this with the first team.

We don't play route one football . But , we have a lot of young players who are not cool under pressure (which is how young players mostly are) so when we are under pressure take the safest option.

MJG

Quote from: colinwhite on December 30, 2014, 10:21:12 AM

We don't play route one football . But , we have a lot of young players who are not cool under pressure (which is how young players mostly are) so when we are under pressure take the safest option.
Colin I wouldn't waste your breath,  despite stats showing we don't play route one people still think it. Yes we knock yhe ball long at times but every club does that.

mangoputney

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 30, 2014, 10:20:21 AM
As a negative who at the moment is more positive. It is simply the case of most football fans who will over praise when their club wins and are overcritical when we lose. I look at last night as a positive. Had Brighton played like us and we had won 2-0. There would be fans talking about how many points away from the play offs we are and telling us we really have a great squad with a future.

Now we know that we still badly need investment in the side. I have no idea if we will ever get it in the right places. But we can stop pretending that we are anything but what we are. A struggling side whose complete lack of investment and mismanagement in the past has brought us to our knees.

+1 last sentence is why Ive remained a negative and don't buy into the 'he's one of our own' rose tints

Tough job, flawed squad, Shahid Khant & Symons lack of Plan B / strategy

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

westcliff white

Quote from: colinwhite on December 30, 2014, 10:21:12 AM

Have to say Colin I disagree, the 4 games i Have been to since Kit took over and the couple of game son TV i saw, we have certainly become more direct. Yes we have won games doing that but we have also come unstuck in games. For me you will always start slow if your first idea is to go long, you have no more than a 50/50 chance in that scenario of retaining the ball, so therefore you defend a lot more and put pressure on yourselves. That leads to errors from the defence, as we have seen. Although errors in that part of the field have troubled us for a while now. You do not get the best of Hugo or Ross by doing that, we need to play the ball around more, which we only seem to do when we go behind, we look a far better team when we are passing it around in my opinion.
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

nothing wrong in posting your dissapiotment when defeat happens the joy of winning is always more positive than defeat,also when you play poorly you have accept critisicum.

J.Perkins

My problem is that every defeat, bar a couple, seem to be avoidable if Kit had made changes earlier in the game. We have lost a couple of games to better teams, AFCB and Watford to name two, but most of the others we should be winning. Symons lack of Plan B is now costing us in games, once we go 1-0 down, we haven't been recovering.

MJG

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 30, 2014, 10:56:12 AM
My problem is that every defeat, bar a couple, seem to be avoidable if Kit had made changes earlier in the game. We have lost a couple of games to better teams, AFCB and Watford to name two, but most of the others we should be winning. Symons lack of Plan B is now costing us in games, once we go 1-0 down, we haven't been recovering.
He probably made his two earliest subs for any game yesterday.  So he tried a double change and didn't work. 
Now if it was the right thing to do or not is another question. But he did exactly what people have had a go at him for not doing.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 30, 2014, 10:56:12 AM
Apart from coming from behind to beat Brighton and Birmingham and get draws against Rotherham, Wigan and Blackpool you are spot on, we never come back from going behind. But don't let facts get in the way of a good moan.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae