Main Menu

....and who are the bottom ten....?

Started by ron, January 06, 2015, 06:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: ron on January 06, 2015, 07:06:37 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on January 06, 2015, 06:50:41 PM
...Bulstrode, Henry Norris...

Henry Norris makes interesting reading at Wikipedia.........presumably we got dumped by him when Arsenal took off at the new Highbury - and anyone who did the groundwork to getting Chelsea started won't win any popularity contests down at the Cottage - but the details of exactly how he got us into the league will make still more interesting reading....

Even more interesting is how he got Arsenal promoted despite finishing only fifth in Div2. A useful skill.
If he was around today he'd be President of FIFA...or running a Bank.

Deanothefulhamfan

Berbatov in our bottom ten ever????

He is the most technically gifted player I have ever seen a Fulham shirt, he also had one decent season for us. Ok he may have had an attitude,and been very un Fulham like, but he was a class act, and for his good memories I would have him nowhere near the bottom, but each to their own.

Felix Magath is head and shoulders above everyone else. He was the worst thing to happen Fulham that I have ever seen

My list in my lifetime as a Fulham supporter ( no order)

Felix Magath
Lawrie Sanchez
John Arne Riise
Michael Brown
Martin Jol
Mark Fotheringham
Adel Tarrabt
Maarten Steklenberg

Will add the final two later.....

Apprentice to the Maestro

The two players I am most ashamed about for having played for our club are Michael Brown and, top of the list, Peter Storey for their cynical scything down of opposition players.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2015, 06:37:24 PM
Clay
Miller
Litmanen
Sanchez
Bent
Michael Jackson
Sir Craven
Riise for going back on his handshake the first time around. No honour.
Whoever was in charge when we turned down Stamford Bridge (there would never have been a Them)

That's nine.

Sir Craven? I bet you preferred Terry Bytes when he was with us. One of those absolute WTF is that moments from me when it walked onto the pitch for the first time.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 06, 2015, 06:57:27 PM
Tiny Tim
The Singing Nun
Benny Hill
Lieutenant Pigeon
Keith Harris and Orville
St Winifred's School Choir
Joe Dolce
Little Millie Small
Anyone who ever recorded - "How much is that doggy in the window"
1919 Fruit Gum Company

Sub:  Black Lace

Benny Hill? Surely not sir.
One of my favorite quotes of his: "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Harold Shand

Who was it that knocked back Jim Gregory ?

HatterDon

I'm thrilled to see Mark Hughes' name on some lists. All he did was lead us to our highest league position in history. We played attractive football, did well [for us] on the road, and his one signing of note was Moussa Dembele.

I know many of you are upset that when he left he said he did so because the club lacked ambition. The truth is that we did. the three following seasons of cutting back on quality signings and signing has-beens  on short-term loans, while getting rid of our own quality players is the very essence of lacking ambition. So, we had perhaps our best league season during his one year, but he's one of the 10 worst because he told the truth.

I guess for a lot of Fulham supporters ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on January 07, 2015, 04:18:32 PM
I'm thrilled to see Mark Hughes' name on some lists. All he did was lead us to our highest league position in history. We played attractive football, did well [for us] on the road, and his one signing of note was Moussa Dembele.

I know many of you are upset that when he left he said he did so because the club lacked ambition. The truth is that we did. the three following seasons of cutting back on quality signings and signing has-beens  on short-term loans, while getting rid of our own quality players is the very essence of lacking ambition. So, we had perhaps our best league season during his one year, but he's one of the 10 worst because he told the truth.

Er, the 7th place finish was under Roy Hodgson in the 08-09 season.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

dannyboi-ffc

Sorry to mention Mark Hughes, I didn't realise opinions had to be polished for the approval of others. Good manager but disrespectful regardless of whether he was right or not. We are Fulham not Man City and I don't see what he expected. Stoke aren't exactly ambitious either, just run better.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

LBNo11

...@rogerpinvirginia - Simple Simon Says it was the 1910 Fruitgum Company!

Sad to say but I can name most of the hits of these 'one hit wonders', perhaps these novelty one-offs carry more resonance than the artists/bands producing songs on a conveyor belt to suit the record company's targets. You could say it's all down to Mouldy Old Dough...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Re Hughes:
Didn't want him before he joined

Demeble was on our watch list for a while and when he was signed under his watch but was recommended to Roy beforehand.

I wanted Hughes gone even before the West Ham boxing day non performance.

Only a team meeting.. As confirmed by Baird on espn,  got the team back to the unit required for second half of the season.

One of the lowest points totals ever for an 8th place finish,  so not a great season results wise really.

He never really looked as if he wanted to be here,  looking down on us almost. His whole buildup to that City game was about how he should not have been sacked.

Finally he leaves stating lack of ambition... Something he said last year was a mistake.... And if that meant we didn't sign SWP on 70k a week then thank God for that.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on January 07, 2015, 05:12:30 PM
Re Hughes:

Demeble was on our watch list for a while and when he was signed under his watch but was recommended to Roy beforehand.

Only a team meeting.. As confirmed by Baird on espn,  got the team back to the unit required for second half of the season.

One of the lowest points totals ever for an 8th place finish,  so not a great season results wise really.

He never really looked as if he wanted to be here,  looking down on us almost. His whole buildup to that City game was about how he should not have been sacked.

Finally he leaves stating lack of ambition... Something he said last year was a mistake.... And if that meant we didn't sign SWP on 70k a week then thank God for that.

100 percent agree and for all those reasons I put him in my top 10. Belittling us all season and then topping it off with the ambition comments. I don't care how good he was, his heart wasn't here and Fulham was like a rebound for man city a bit like a relationship.  Just to get back at your ex and prove you are better.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

LBNo11

Quote from: MJG on January 07, 2015, 05:12:30 PM
Re Hughes:

Only a team meeting.. As confirmed by Baird on espn,  got the team back to the unit required for second half of the season.

One of the lowest points totals ever for an 8th place finish,  so not a great season results wise really.

He never really looked as if he wanted to be here,  looking down on us almost. His whole buildup to that City game was about how he should not have been sacked.

...much the same feelings for me too (sorry Don) I cannot think of a stand out game under his reign, I felt that I endured rather than enjoyed his time in charge; and before the WHU game the rumours that the players, through Danny Murphy as spokesman, asked that they change the style of play and revert in part to the Hodgson way. I felt and feel no remorse about the disposal of the 'Taffia', but I do wonder what happened to the £3,000 desk..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Old Count

Quote from: ron on January 06, 2015, 06:33:28 PM
rather more interesting....I'll kick off with that comedy twosome Eric and Ernie (No, not those two, I mean Clay and Miller)......

The ten worst for me are:
Clay
Bulstrode
Satan
Hitler
Stalin
Mao
Pol Pot
Isis
Darth Vader
Nick Bateman

Holders

Quote from: The Old Count on January 07, 2015, 08:30:27 PM
rather more interesting....I'll kick off with that comedy twosome Eric and Ernie (No, not those two, I mean Clay and Miller)......

Clay
Bulstrode
Satan
Hitler
Stalin
Mao
Pol Pot
Isis
Darth Vader
Nick Bateman

No place for Bin Laden, Felix Magath, Genghis Khan or Ostrich Watch?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Clay
Bulstrode
Satan
Hitler
Stalin
Mao
Pol Pot
Isis
Darth Vader
Nick Bateman[/i][/i][/b][/i]

You forgot The fat Controller from Thomas the Tank Engine
and Nick Cotton, and for anyone old enough  Mick McManus (wrestler)

Nick Cotton makes Nick Bateman seem like Lady in Lady and the Tramp
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 07, 2015, 04:38:31 PM

okay, 2nd best.

What? Only SECOND BEST!!!!!!!???????!!!!!! He definitely deserves to be in the worst 10

Holders

Here's another rogues' gallery:

William the Bastard
St Augustine
The Emperor Constantine
Oliver Cromwell
Hitler
Napoleon Bonaparte
Tony Blair
Stalin
Osama bin Laden
King Aethelbert of Kent
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Clay
Bulstrode
Satan
Hitler
Stalin
Mao
Pol Pot
Isis
Darth Vader
Nick Bateman

I'll go with that, with a tie for 11th between Tony Blackburn and Andrew Lloyd Weber

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on January 07, 2015, 09:01:25 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 07, 2015, 04:38:31 PM

I know many of you are upset that when he left he said he did so because the club lacked ambition. The truth is that we did. the three following seasons of cutting back on quality signings and signing has-beens  on short-term loans, while getting rid of our own quality players is the very essence of lacking ambition. So, we had perhaps our best league season during his one year, but he's one of the 10 worst because he told the truth.

okay, 2nd best.

What? Only SECOND BEST!!!!!!!???????!!!!!! He definitely deserves to be in the worst 10

Martin Jol finished 9th, it's not always about the glory. There's 3 posts from MJG  myself and LB explaining the reasons for regarding him so low. He achieved 8th with a team that was European finalists the year before, hardly achievement of the century. He walked away at the first sign of his reputation being risked through lack of investment. His heart was never in it and it was a year that backfired because Fulham was only there to prove he could manage anyone. He expected a villa or a Chelsea and ended up with Qpr and Stoke. 

That's why I don't like him, he was a good enough manager to keep us a float but he only cared about himself and we ended up with the three stooges one after the other

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]