....and who are the bottom ten....?

Started by ron, January 06, 2015, 06:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 07, 2015, 10:34:05 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 07, 2015, 09:01:25 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 07, 2015, 04:38:31 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 07, 2015, 04:18:32 PM
I'm thrilled to see Mark Hughes' name on some lists. All he did was lead us to our highest league position in history. We played attractive football, did well [for us] on the road, and his one signing of note was Moussa Dembele.

I know many of you are upset that when he left he said he did so because the club lacked ambition. The truth is that we did. the three following seasons of cutting back on quality signings and signing has-beens  on short-term loans, while getting rid of our own quality players is the very essence of lacking ambition. So, we had perhaps our best league season during his one year, but he's one of the 10 worst because he told the truth.

I guess for a lot of Fulham supporters ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM

Er, the 7th place finish was under Roy Hodgson in the 08-09 season.

okay, 2nd best.

What? Only SECOND BEST!!!!!!!???????!!!!!! He definitely deserves to be in the worst 10

Martin Jol finished 9th, it's not always about the glory. There's 3 posts from MJG  myself and LB explaining the reasons for regarding him so low. He achieved 8th with a team that was European finalists the year before, hardly achievement of the century. He walked away at the first sign of his reputation being risked through lack of investment. His heart was never in it and it was a year that backfired because Fulham was only there to prove he could manage anyone. He expected a villa or a Chelsea and ended up with Qpr and Stoke.  

That's why I don't like him, he was a good enough manager to keep us a float but he only cared about himself and we ended up with the three stooges one after the other

:plus one:  :plus one:  :plus one:

Yep SECOND best with a European Finalist team handed to him - so Why didn't he make it better? The same reason he didn't do it at QPR either, not the full ticket.

If he was THAT good, then he would have stayed at a good club and actually been successful - but alas no, not Sparky!  Legend in his own lunch time. Deserves to be on the list.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jonaldiniho 88

Don't like to criticise fulham players just like I don't like to .... waiT why am I reading this post

The Old Count

Quote from: HatterDon on January 07, 2015, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 07, 2015, 08:30:27 PM
Quote from: ron on January 06, 2015, 06:33:28 PM
rather more interesting....I'll kick off with that comedy twosome Eric and Ernie (No, not those two, I mean Clay and Miller)......

The ten worst for me are:
Clay
Bulstrode
Satan
Hitler
Stalin
Mao
Pol Pot
Isis
Darth Vader
Nick Bateman

I'll go with that, with a tie for 11th between Tony Blackburn and Andrew Lloyd Weber
I think a three way tie for eleventh would be T Blackburn, A L Webber and Vlad The Impaler.

cmg

Quote from: Holders on January 07, 2015, 09:03:35 PM
Here's another rogues' gallery:

William the Bastard
St Augustine
The Emperor Constantine
Oliver Cromwell
Hitler
Napoleon Bonaparte
Tony Blair
Stalin
Osama bin Laden
King Aethelbert of Kent

That William the Bastard wasn't that bad a bloke. At least in comparison to his mate, William the Complete Ar**hole.

...and wasn't St Augustine and Tony Blair the same person?

ron

Quote from: cmg on January 08, 2015, 09:44:23 AM
Quote from: Holders on January 07, 2015, 09:03:35 PM
Here's another rogues' gallery:

William the Bastard
St Augustine
The Emperor Constantine
Oliver Cromwell
Hitler
Napoleon Bonaparte
Tony Blair
Stalin
Osama bin Laden
King Aethelbert of Kent

That William the Bastard wasn't that bad a bloke. At least in comparison to his mate, William the Complete Ar**hole.

...and wasn't St Augustine and Tony Blair the same person?

..well.... no one ever saw them in the same room at the same time........

Burt

Bulstrode and Clay.

They would fit in to a Fulham bottom 10 as well as a general rogues gallery bottom 10  :dft011:

alfie

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 06, 2015, 07:53:26 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 06, 2015, 07:38:48 PM
Why Mark Hughes danny? he was right and Mo was wrong

I just thought he was disrespectful in the way he did it. To say the club had no ambition was a bit spiteful regardless of whether he was right or not.  We weren't man city, we were Fulham and as a football man he should have realised Fulham were never going to be this massive project he could turn into a Chelsea or even a spurs.

I liked his style of football and he's a good manager but even though we went down his arrogance didn't get him anywhere far. If he'd stayed as our manager I believe we would never had got into the circus we become and even if he had signed somone like berbatov,  he would've had a bigger personality and a tougher backbone to put berbatov in his place and not allow berbatov to run the team like jol allowed.

So if he'd stayed I think we'd still be bottom half of the prem having one decent year, one struggle just like WBA and Sunderland do. To be fair his ambition and arrogance didn't exactly get him further from what Fulham were at the time. Stoke are potentially a top 10 side and nothing more whilst he basically relegated Qpr on his own. 4 points going into December if I remember correctly

That's why I don't like him, disrespectful regardless of what the facts were

Not sure why Ray Wilkins, ok he was not the best coach/manager, but he was/is a smashing bloke, absolutely always had time for us low down workers when he was there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Quote from: alfie on January 08, 2015, 07:01:17 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 06, 2015, 07:53:26 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 06, 2015, 07:38:48 PM
Why Mark Hughes danny? he was right and Mo was wrong

I just thought he was disrespectful in the way he did it. To say the club had no ambition was a bit spiteful regardless of whether he was right or not.  We weren't man city, we were Fulham and as a football man he should have realised Fulham were never going to be this massive project he could turn into a Chelsea or even a spurs.

I liked his style of football and he's a good manager but even though we went down his arrogance didn't get him anywhere far. If he'd stayed as our manager I believe we would never had got into the circus we become and even if he had signed somone like berbatov,  he would've had a bigger personality and a tougher backbone to put berbatov in his place and not allow berbatov to run the team like jol allowed.

So if he'd stayed I think we'd still be bottom half of the prem having one decent year, one struggle just like WBA and Sunderland do. To be fair his ambition and arrogance didn't exactly get him further from what Fulham were at the time. Stoke are potentially a top 10 side and nothing more whilst he basically relegated Qpr on his own. 4 points going into December if I remember correctly

That's why I don't like him, disrespectful regardless of what the facts were

Not sure why Ray Wilkins, ok he was not the best coach/manager, but he was/is a smashing bloke, absolutely always had time for us low down workers when he was there.

0001.jpeg Always a gentleman and always has a good word for Fulham when on the box

dannyboi-ffc

I like ray as a person, he always says nice things about us and sounds good on the TV.  I didn't pick all 10 based on their attitude and ignorance though. Ray was simply picked because in two spells here he contributed very little in a good way. That's all.

Probably shouldn't be that high up now you mention it. I cam see why you both are surprised
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

I met him when he was manager and liked him. He did his best for us and there were other factors acting against him, certainly last time around.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Two Ton Ted

Ernie Clay
Mark Cooper
Godfrey Clay
Mark Cooper
Geoffrey Clay
Mark Cooper
David Bulstrode
Mark Cooper
David Dein
Mark Cooper