Main Menu

Gillingham 2 Matt Smith 4 on youtube

Started by f321ffc, January 07, 2015, 01:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Nick Bateman

All really nice goals but the 4th was special, yes.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lighthouse

It is in a nothing cup against poor opposition.

However I am being persuaded that we need the influence of a player like him. He clearly is finding form and his movement looks better than his brief few minutes he had for us. Had we seen the highlights in a league from abroad and we had been linked to him. We would all be shouting his praises. But he is our player. So just may be the argument to bring him back makes sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Smith's general finishing is better than Hugo's

Mince n Tatties

Last one a cracker...Not bad for a donkey as one poster keeps
calling him..Hillarious.

Craven Mad

All 4 goals were nicely taken. Thanks for sharing the link.

People are right, the opposition might not be the best, but he's proven in our league and 8 in 4 games is excellent. I think his loan ends soon, so hopefully he'll come back and provide competition upfront.

Mokes

The fourth was a great goal for sure, but the skill, awareness and cheek for his third was something you would only expect from Ibrahimovic. He is definitely worth bringing back.

To be fair though, I'm pretty sure the Gilliingham goal keeper was just a cardboard cut out.

horse1031

cmg

Quote from: Mokes on January 07, 2015, 02:26:34 PM
The fourth was a great goal for sure, but the skill, awareness and cheek for his third was something you would only expect from Ibrahimovic.

That'll make Zlatan's day.  :blow candles:

Apprentice to the Maestro

A player in form and one who gets into the penalty area on the end of crosses. Why is there any doubt that we should get him back?

And we should send them Dembele in return to help them and for him to gain experience.

Mince n Tatties

People assume he is all about muscle and head ball.
He is actually a good penalty  box poacher, right place at the right
time..

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on January 07, 2015, 02:36:55 PM
Quote from: Mokes on January 07, 2015, 02:26:34 PM
The fourth was a great goal for sure, but the skill, awareness and cheek for his third was something you would only expect from Ibrahimovic.

That'll make Zlatan's day.  :blow candles:

It has he just tweeted who is that cheeky so  n so copying
me..... :Haynes The Maestro:

Luffy86

Just watched the goals... Bring back Smithy.. Immediately!!, and swap him for Hugo in the starting lineup!
All four goals were technically very good!! Gillingham or not!!

epsomraver

A good player makes goal scoring look easy, it hurts to say but look at Berbatov

Artful Dodger

All very good goals. Must say he is looking fitter for getting more match time. I am one who was not fussed when he went out on loan but he is scoring goals and he looks a better option with each game he scores in and we don't. Difficult to say from those highlights what his all round game is like but he does offer something different.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Yamus

With a defence like that even Hugo could get a hatrick

epsomraver

Quote from: Yamus on January 07, 2015, 09:16:17 PM
With a defence like that even Hugo could get a hatrick

Why didn't he against Brighton then? worst defence in the league

The Swan

Interesting to see Bristol not playing the long ball up to Smith. All four goals were well worked with Bristol playing flowing football.
Bring back Matt Smith.
When I saw him outplay the Liverpool defence when he was playing for Oldham I said on this board that he would be good for Fulham.
Hopefully he will get his chance.
The Swan

Burt

Certainly no harm giving him a go given how goal-shy we have been in the last 3 games. He's earnt his chance.

love4ffc

Great video.  Please Kit, bring back Smith and give a go.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?