watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The nerve of Oldham

Started by Buffalo76, January 07, 2015, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Lets be honest here but I doubt Oldham have that many supporters so I can't for the life of me understand why the people in charge there would alienate them by giving an convicted rapist the chance of playing pro football again. They gave Lee Hughes a chance, which I didn't think was right, but at least he showed some remorse after release from prison. This Evans animal is still in denial and if I was an Oldham fan i'd be very embarrassed to be seen wearing any clothing with the team badge on or to admit I was a supporter in the first place considering the current situation. No one with the slightest morals should touch this guy. Shame on Oldham Athletic. Hope people desert you in their droves.

epsomraver

Quote from: Buffalo76 on January 07, 2015, 09:11:42 PM
Lets be honest here but I doubt Oldham have that many supporters so I can't for the life of me understand why the people in charge there would alienate them by giving an convicted rapist the chance of playing pro football again. They gave Lee Hughes a chance, which I didn't think was right, but at least he showed some remorse after release from prison. This Evans animal is still in denial and if I was an Oldham fan i'd be very embarrassed to be seen wearing any clothing with the team badge on or to admit I was a supporter in the first place considering the current situation. No one with the slightest morals should touch this guy. Shame on Oldham Athletic. Hope people desert you in their droves.

Boring, been done to death alreadyon here,  I might add with a far better argument and without resulting to insulting words

Andy S

He is still correct and Evans should not be allowed play again

Fulham76

Quote from: epsomraver on January 07, 2015, 09:49:04 PM

Boring, been done to death alreadyon here,  I might add with a far better argument and without resulting to insulting words

Insulting words????????? Someone's lead a very sheltered life.

And I might add that some posters clearly don't spend as much time on this site as others & therefore, may have missed the original post on this subject which you mention. But don't let that stop you posting a condescending reply.

dannyboi-ffc

I agree. It's really scary how some don't see the issue here amd i dont mean you epsom, i mean general opinion everywhere i go and hear this topic. I certainly wouldn't support a team with him in it. How can a dad take his children to a football match to support a rapist? I wouldn't care if he'd just go away and get a normal job and live a normal life with his freedom. Yes he served his time but as a professional in a world where he is a role model, certain responsibilities come with it outside of work. A teacher, police officer, doctor wouldn't get their job back so why should he?

He was found guilty so just like we say in this country innocent till found guilty, I see no reason why it shouldn't be found guilty until proved innocent. He has caused so much media attention and unnecessary disruption by not accepting the consequences of his crime that the victim is still having to read/see him everywhere she looks. Why not have a bit of class and just be normal out of the limelight.

As for Oldham,  I feel sorry for their fans, this could potentially ruin the club with sponsorship etc. At the end of the day it's always the fans that suffer with stubborn selfish stupidity from the board. I wonder how his team mates feel? As a parent of two daughters, a sister, wife and a mum I'm not sure I could play with him and I certainly wouldn't appreciate being put in that situation. People can say I provably know rapists without realising and treat them normal but trust me I would lose all respect and interest in a friend or a colleague if I discovered something like that.  

Poor show Oldham Athletic
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Logicalman

Perhaps Oldham can get the same sponsors as Blackpool then, so many similarities, pity the FA still refuse to make any moves on the subject of enforcing their own rules.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Lighthouse

We live in a system that says we rehabilitate offenders. So on that basis the newly rehabilitated offender should be able to find employment. But it is hard to argue against the fact that he is an offender who wants to go back to being a well paid sportsman who entertains thousands of people. That means that the public, the fans, will have the right to say no thanks to buying a ticket.

Still this has been done to death and I imagine Oldham are hoping that fans will be tired of it by now. But the answer is for the home and away fans to refuse to watch if it annoys them enough.

As indeed I would do if I was an Oldham fan or a fan of the team they were playing. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 07, 2015, 11:46:24 PM
We live in a system that says we rehabilitate offenders. So on that basis the newly rehabilitated offender should be able to find employment. But it is hard to argue against the fact that he is an offender who wants to go back to being a well paid sportsman who entertains thousands of people. That means that the public, the fans, will have the right to say no thanks to buying a ticket.

Still this has been done to death and I imagine Oldham are hoping that fans will be tired of it by now. But the answer is for the home and away fans to refuse to watch if it annoys them enough.

As indeed I would do if I was an Oldham fan or a fan of the team they were playing.  

We live in a country where we rehabilitate but does every criminal come out of prison and jump back into their previous profession? Very rarely  

So yes rehabilitate and the likes of sainsbury ' s or an apprentice as a builder, maybe even a delivery man can do that. What gives him the right to demand the job he expects when the likes of a doctor wouldn't have a leg to stand on and for some sick reason footballers earn more! No wonder he insists he wants to play again.

You've got your freedom Ched Evans and you've destroyed a young ladies life especially through the sickos on twitter who back you up, don't destroy our sport now too.

FA time to man up and step up

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 07, 2015, 11:57:01 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 07, 2015, 11:46:24 PM

We live in a country where we rehabilitate but does every criminal come out of prison and jump back into their previous profession? Very rarely 

So yes rehabilitate and the likes of sainsbury ' s or an apprentice as a builder, maybe even a delivery man can do that. What gives him the right to demand the job he expects when the likes of a doctor wouldn't have a leg to stand on and for some sick reason footballers earn more! No wonder he insists he wants to play again.

You've got your freedom Ched Evans and you've destroyed a young ladies life especially through the sickos on twitter who back you up, don't destroy our sport now too.

FA time to man up and step up
well said. and im pretty sure the sex register doesnt discriminate between sexual offences, ie the rules are the same for rapists as they would be pedos. and im sure it states that you cant work around children, so how would he be able to train at the same place and time as the academy players.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

In short, I think that Oldham will quickly come to regret it if they take him on.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Buffalo76

Boring, been done to death alreadyon here,  I might add with a far better argument and without resulting to insulting words

I can't think of other threads regarding this matter though i could well be wrong. Just giving my personal view. Obviously I don't spend every waking minute browsing this board like you must do. Didn't think this topic was so boring but apologies if you find my thread about how appalling it is that a convicted rapist can just walk back into pro football again. Not really sure where these insulting words are but then I've noticed from other posts you put on the board that you seem a bit touchy about most things. Clearly I doubt you own a coat seeing as you can't get out much Mr Happy.

epsomraver

Quote from: Buffalo76 on January 08, 2015, 07:56:11 AM

Boring, been done to death alreadyon here,  I might add with a far better argument and without resulting to insulting words

I can't think of other threads regarding this matter though i could well be wrong. Just giving my personal view. Obviously I don't spend every waking minute browsing this board like you must do. Didn't think this topic was so boring but apologies if you find my thread about how appalling it is that a convicted rapist can just walk back into pro football again. Not really sure where these insulting words are but then I've noticed from other posts you put on the board that you seem a bit touchy about most things. Clearly I doubt you own a coat seeing as you can't get out much Mr Happy.

Nothing happening down at QPR for you to make us aware of on this Fulham Forum, The Evans animal , not insulting?  fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.g
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=43961.0 177 replies,all polite and reasoned,  over 3 thousand views but you missed it 064.gif

dannyboi-ffc

Ladies stop the handbags please. Buffalo stop biting and taking epsom ' s words personally. He does it to everyone if he disagrees. And epsom stop being Mr grump, this topic was only brought up once before by me and yes it was a much more civilised look at it but the news has now changed.  He is an Oldham player now so it is a big deal to the footballing world. It would be huge if it was Chelsea so why not Oldham? The principles are the same.

Now shake hands and agree to disagree because this topic is personal to some on here who have had loved ones raped etc..... so if you can't be civilised don't bother.

............I've either just calmed the situation down or I've made you both turn on me lol. I look forward to your responses.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Baszab

Could all change after the Criminal Cases Review Commission has a good look at the evidence

leonffc

Well I for one have woke up with a girl and didn't know who the hell she was. Does that make her a rapist because I couldn't remember saying yes?
I'm not making light of rape but Evans hasn't held a knife to anyone, hasn't held anyone down. He may have taken advantage of someone but does that mean he should be ostracised and denied work for the rest of his life?
 If he is innocent why should he show remorse?
 Marlon King was a nasty piece of work with a sex conviction and didn't get anywhere near this kind of witch hunt.

Luckily I have seen as much support for Evans from women football fans as I have men which shows it's not a chauvinist view. Our very own 'Big Mumma' seems to be particularly disgusted by him being hunted after such a conviction.
 And at the end of the day, whether he is innocent or guilty he has served his time and deserves to be rehabilitated like any other member of society (the only difference being that he will have thousands of people reminding him every week rather than disappearing into society).

And as for sponsors, one has come out and said that its the clubs right to employ who they want and none of their business. Fair play to them.
 GOOD LUCK CHED!

FFC1987

I'd recommend blocking this after the last post. Sh*t is about to hit the fan.

leonffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 08, 2015, 10:01:20 AM

The last post? Elaborate

leonffc

I didn't get involved in the last debate, didn't read it even. Didn't want to.
 But seeing as it's been dragged up again I thought I'd weigh in with an opinion.
 Bye the way, please stop swearing 1987.

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on January 08, 2015, 10:06:52 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 08, 2015, 10:01:20 AM

The last post? Elaborate
well for one you only recognise rape f the assaliant has a knife or has pinned somone down. im sure all the woman that have been druged and raped will be thrilled to know they wasnt raped because they wernt pinned down at knife point
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: leonffc on January 08, 2015, 10:09:25 AM
I didn't get involved in the last debate, didn't read it even. Didn't want to.
But seeing as it's been dragged up again I thought I'd weigh in with an opinion.
Bye the way, please stop swearing 1987.

Its nothing personal and i'll coin a phase with a swear word if I so wish. You might want to read the last huge thread someone else has posted above as it will reveal a few things on why what you said might cause offence to some. I'm steering clear of this but would absolutely recommend reading the other postings.