watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good Luck Matthew Briggs

Started by White Noise, July 06, 2010, 08:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Matt Briggs has surely got to get some first team time this season. I wonder if he will be England Captain again?

Briggs Selected For Finals

Tuesday 6th July 2010

Fulham FC News

The Club can confirm that Fulham Academy graduate Matthew Briggs has been selected by England for the forthcoming UEFA U19 European Championship Finals in Normandy, France.

England U19s Head Coach Noel Blake selected Briggs as part of his 18-man squad for the Finals.

Briggs and England will be looking to go one stage further than last year, when they were beaten in the Final by tournaments hosts, Ukraine.

Matthew will team up with his international colleagues in Warwick on Monday ahead of their first Group A match against Austria in Flers next Sunday (18 July).

England qualified for the Finals after finishing on top of their group in two separate rounds, starting last October with First Round victories over Finland, Slovenia and Slovakia and then finally in the Elite Round in May, when Blake's side saw off competition from Ukraine, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Republic Of Ireland to seal a place in the last eight of this tournament for the third successive season.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/July/BriggsFinals.aspx#ixzz0svtiGghg

FatFreddysCat

Is he really that good though? Apart from Sanchez? Making him the PL's youngest player (i'm sure it was an ego thing) has he really done anything. Surely three years later he should be a regular starter if he had anything about him.

White Noise

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 08:55:05 PM
Is he really that good though? Apart from Sanchez? Making him the PL's youngest player (i'm sure it was an ego thing) has he really done anything. Surely three years later he should be a regular starter if he had anything about him.

He is still only 18 though I think but has Captained his country and is a big lad with good feet. I wouldn't be surpised if he went further than Smalling.

TheDaddy

Quote from: White Noise on July 06, 2010, 08:58:52 PM

He is still only 18 though I think but has Captained his country and is a big lad with good feet. I wouldn't be surpised if he went further than Smalling.
What like Glasgow Rangers ?
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on July 06, 2010, 08:58:52 PM

I wouldn't be surpised if he went further than Smalling.
I agree with you WN.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

He got one star out of three in the Mail list of hopefuls for the future. No one got zero.

FatFreddysCat

Dont get me wrong. i'm dying for anouther No 23 through the ranks, but he seems a long way off. Bristol city?????

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 09:07:01 PM
Dont get me wrong. i'm dying for anouther No 23 through the ranks, but he seems a long way off. Bristol city?????
I agree with you Freddy, he does need to go out on loan. He needs to get some first team playing time some where.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

So how long till one of the big 4 tab a 8-12 million bid for him, i have succumb  to the fact that we are not big enough to hold any youngster of any value and we are just a development factory at best
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

FC Silver Fox

He's talented and will go far. Just hope we give him the opportunity to progress at Fulham.
Go Matthew.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.