watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fofana - we are down to 10 men !

Started by Robbie, January 17, 2015, 08:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Nothing personal, I am sure he is nice kid BUT apart from about five minutes of play in the later part of the second half, he is clueless, has little ball control and looks dangerously like he is going to get carded/sent off.

It is not like he is an FFC prospect !

No more - doing-a-mate-a-favour - loanees please !

epsomraver

Don't agree at all, he , like the rest improved second half

MJG

Cant agree with that. he was poor (as were others) first half and dont want to see him wide in a flat 4 again, but he played a lot of the game on my side of the pitch second half and did lot of good things.

grandad

I would prefer someone with more experience than him to be honest.He needs to go back to City´s U 21´s for the rest of the season. It´s not as if we don´t have our own kids to bring in from time to time. Not as permanent starters though.
I am sure Fofana will get better but not at our expense.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

Don't knock the boy he is improving. While he gives half decent performances there are no complaints from me

MJG

Without LVC who from the bench would you people have put on so that we had the 3 'physical' midfielders on the pitch at the same time second half?
I thougth hvaing Tunnicliffe/Parker/Fofana as the 3 worked fairly well second half.

Putney

Would prefer to see George Williams back in the side in place of Fofana.

fulhamben

Quote from: Putney on January 17, 2015, 10:39:03 PM
i would. our results havent been that great since fofs arival. now im not saying thats down to him, but what i am saying is when we look certs for lower mid table, then whats the point of persisting in playing fof when it only benefits man city and stiffles the progression of our own players. if he was carrying us like lvc does then yes i could see the point, but he isnt. and i fail to see what we, especially now tunni and kaca are back, get out of this. ill be dissapointed if the best kit can do is extend his loan in this window
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

horse1031

I completely disagree.  Fofana is a great young player and needs to be in the team.

fulhamben

Quote from: horse1031 on January 17, 2015, 10:46:38 PM
I completely disagree.  Fofana is a great young player and needs to be in the team.
why, do you think we can make play offs with him or go down without him?

epsomraver

Totally different players playing in totally different positions but there you go don't worry about the detail

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on January 17, 2015, 11:05:29 PM

Totally different players playing in totally different positions but there you go don't worry about the detail
didnt fof start wide right today? it didnt work so kit reverted back to the system that has been shocking of late. so whos to say that george couldnt have made the flat four work if he had of started instead of fof

epsomraver

George has been poor of late and easily muscled off the ball, Fofana was the better option considering how physical reading were

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on January 17, 2015, 11:21:43 PM
George has been poor of late and easily muscled off the ball, Fofana was the better option considering how physical reading were
I would have had no issue with Williams coming on if he had stayed with 442, but because of the change and also the way Reading played it was wise to keep both Fofana and Tunniclffe (who I don't think was any better or worse than Fofana)  on the pitch.

J.Perkins

I couldn't disagree more. He brings a great work ethic and unbelievable stamina. He runs all game and every game. He does a decent job whilst playing in a new position for him, whilst learning his trade. Plus, seeing as we will be using the narrow diamond for the foreseeable future, we shouldn't be letting CMs go.

J.Perkins

Quote from: MJG on January 17, 2015, 11:30:35 PM
I would have had no issue with Williams coming on if he had stayed with 442, but because of the change and also the way Reading played it was wise to keep both Fofana and Tunniclffe (who I don't think was any better or worse than Fofana)  on the pitch.

Tunnicliffe and Fofana are similar players, but you can see the more experience in Tunnicliffe.

MJG

Quote from: J.Perkins on January 17, 2015, 11:38:09 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 17, 2015, 11:30:35 PM

Tunnicliffe and Fofana are similar players, but you can see the more experience in Tunnicliffe.
He needs to calm down tho,  clearly has a bit of red mist building at times and will find himself sent off if he let's it get the better of him.

Zu-Meister

Hes a centre mid, i hate it when kit plays him wide. Its not the boys fault for looking lost on the wing......hes probably never played there before.
Kit is baffling. playing people out of position. mccormack in midfield, fofana out wide, when both positions can be filled by david.

Putney

Quote from: epsomraver on January 17, 2015, 11:05:29 PM

If Symons persists playing Fofana wide then I'd rather have Williams, so yes different player for which Williams is the better suited one here. Next.

Jamie88

Seeing as Fofana's loan ends at the end of the month, would anyone here want to extend it? Just wondering as he seems to have won over a few people including myself.

He's by no means the perfect player and has a few flaws to his game but his work ethic is incredible and he has certainly improved alot since first coming into the team