watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading the Reading fans forum...

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 18, 2015, 10:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

It's really making me laugh! They seem to think their support was amazing and very loud (it really wasn't) and they thought that they created loads of chances. They created about 2 or 3 chances despite all their corners. If anything we deserved to score more and would of if Rodallega knew where the goal was. If you want a laugh go on the Reading fans forum.

leonffc

10-21 shots says that they did have more chances. But we were the better team, and didn't rely on a shite ref to keep us in the game

Toby Ward-Smith

Quote from: leonffc on January 18, 2015, 11:24:24 PM
10-21 shots says that they did have more chances. But we were the better team, and didn't rely on a shite ref to keep us in the game

The majority of those 21 shots were way over the bar from outside the box

westcliff white

they had, according to bet 365, 8 on target efforts to our 4, however we were the better team overall.

They can moan and call us lucky, but there was nothing lucky about our win, we were for once the more clinical side in front of goal, that's basically the bottom line. We have lost games this year where we had more shots than other teams and no one said they were lucky on this board we moaned about our failure to convert chances or hit the target, Saturday was the opposite.
Every day is a Fulham day

VicHalomsLovechild

I thought they were the most likely to win at 0-0 and 1-1. Thought they would get a goal back when they were a goal down. Partly due to the poor ref and the fact they closed us down quickly. Our winner was well worked and taken and justice after the poor protection and decisions by the tubster. Their support was really muted and only got going in short bursts when the play was down in their corner.

HillingdonFFC

Thought they were a lot better second half, there was a 15 minute spell where they bombarded us, ball flashing across the goal, corner after corner etc.Having said that I always fancied us to nick one providing we didn't concede

hovewhite

Who cares,we had there rub for a change despite a referee that needed a sight test.

Andy S

As I've said before There is only one stat that counts .....

horse1031

they did outplay us in the first half and some of the second.  No complaints with them saying those things because they are true.

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on January 19, 2015, 07:48:14 AM
they had, according to bet 365, 8 on target efforts to our 4, however we were the better team overall.

They can moan and call us lucky, but there was nothing lucky about our win, we were for once the more clinical side in front of goal, that's basically the bottom line. We have lost games this year where we had more shots than other teams and no one said they were lucky on this board we moaned about our failure to convert chances or hit the target, Saturday was the opposite.

I am sure that Marcus did not have a shot to really save the whole game apart from the leg one at the Putney end from what I remember

Whitesideup

Reading were the stronger team in the midfield and we were under a lot of pressure. However, for all their huffing and puffing, they created few good chances and Marcus, as Epsom pointed out, had very few saves to make. And although we do miss chances, our strike rate is actually pretty good. So I too would argue that we justifiably won having scored a goal more than them, but I remain convinced that our midfield is at best that of a mid-table side, and lower mid-table at that.  Somehow we need to add some quality.

Putney

There's a good argument that noise doesn't travel at the Cottage so they may have made enough noise to keep themselves happy, but as it goes very quiet compared to others teams who have come here this season.

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: Putney on January 19, 2015, 11:50:28 PM
There's a good argument that noise doesn't travel at the Cottage so they may have made enough noise to keep themselves happy, but as it goes very quiet compared to others teams who have come here this season.

This is accurate.... Sheffield Wednesday fans were so loud (sat with them in the second half) but you could hardly them from the Hammy end at all...!

you lucky people

we scored the winner with the only moment of real class by either side, and with both Ruiz and McCormack being on the expensive side by Championship standards they have no cause to complain, it wasn't a great game but our class showed at last
'Remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean, cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.'

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2015, 03:30:54 PM
Football is a simple game, made to look complicated by coaches and pundits. The object of the exercise is to score more goals than your opponents, it's as sime as that, analysts and pundits earn a good wage making it sound complicated. Stanley Mathews and Duncan Edwards never had any problems with tactics.
It may be a simple game, with simple rules, but you do need a plan to keep it simple, otherwise you end up with a Martin Jol team

Lighthouse

Any idea that is simple has to be made more complicated when indulged. Other wise why would people be paid millions for kicking a ball.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2015, 04:01:23 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 20, 2015, 03:54:04 PM
Any idea that is simple has to be made more complicated when indulged. Other wise why would people be paid millions for kicking a ball.

That's the Sixty Four Thousand Dollar question. WHY? I use to kick a ball wearing my King Pele Pumas, at the time they cost me a fortune, and I was still pants.

Ah but you were Pele in your head.

I used to commentate out loud as I ran through the defence to slot home another wonderful goal. Until the day I realised that the rest of the bus felt differently about my skills. Pele inside but pants to the World.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope